test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Infinity Duty Officer Promotion!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
It's an Infinity Duty Officer Promotion on all platforms this weekend! Purchase and open Doff Packs from the C-store, and they could open into your choice of T6 Ship, including the Constitution Class!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11078533

Comments

• aetjeaetje Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I think you oopsed the dates on the announcement. 17-21 of January?
    We're not all temporal agents! ;)

[Edit] Referring to https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11068173-junior-officer-weekend! - the Junior event. I'm assuming it's 31 Jan - 4 Feb instead.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You know what this special Promotion means? Discovery Constitution incoming shortly. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    You know what this special Promotion means? Discovery Constitution incoming shortly. ;)

Beauty of it all is that existing packs update with new ships as they come available. No worries here.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
    edited February 2019
    > @kellmg96#5851 said:
    > what about ones already on the exchange?

If it is a Duty Officer Pack that says Promotion it will have either the 10 Lobi or the Special Ship Selection Box. Right click on item on the Exchange to verify which ship(s) it includes.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    It markets such big dreams & hopes, but has such a minute chance of winning lol the inner conflict. At least it offers more decent amount of Lobi as a consolation.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I once tried this with 20 lock boxes for ships, and after i finished i am like ok no more pot luck boxes regardless of what might be there. I would rather wait on the exchange for as long as it takes for the ships to drop below 200m then i will consider buying the ones i want. I also know a great many of them i will never have cause there way too expensive and likely to never drop.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    I want that "Temporal Light Cruiser" Constitution very badly....but no. The RNG gods will not shine upon me, and I will never have eleventy bazillion energy credits to buy one off of some chat channel. This is a fool's errand.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    So soon after the last promo? I still can't sell my infinity boxes now. :(
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    So... if I buy my packs today, while they are on sale, will they have the bonus items tomorrow?
    They will have the Promotion Bonus forever. The Packs have a Promotions Wrapper around it which stays with it. If you open the Pack you open the Wrapper. You will get either 10 Lobi or the Ship Selection Box. You will also get the actual Duty Officer Pack which you can open, save, or put it up for sale on the Exchange.

To reiterate, buying the Pack now provides it with the Promotions Wrapper which stays with it forever until you open the Promotions Wrapper.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    i found an issue, i got a ship pack, but some of the ships listed cannot be chosen, specifically the Vaadwaur Juggernaut (the main reason i bought these packs) and the Vedcrid Hive Dreadnought does not show up as options when i open the box.
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    imadude3 wrote: »
    i found an issue, i got a ship pack, but some of the ships listed cannot be chosen, specifically the Vaadwaur Juggernaut (the main reason i bought these packs) and the Vedcrid Hive Dreadnought does not show up as options when i open the box.

That is interesting. This promotion definitely promotes that Vaadwaur Juggernaught as part of the possible winnings. At least according to the link though it doesn't mention that Hur'q Vedcrid. Maybe the Vedcrid is part of another Promotion! promotion?
  • imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    imadude3 wrote: »

That is interesting. This promotion definitely promotes that Vaadwaur Juggernaught as part of the possible winnings. At least according to the link though it doesn't mention that Hur'q Vedcrid. Maybe the Vedcrid is part of another Promotion! promotion?

i don't know how the Vedcrid was originaly optained, but it was listed when i right clicked the pack for more info, that's the only reason i mentioned it aswel.
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.