test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dial back the enemy torpedo damage!

Comments

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    felisean wrote: »
    “yes, player torpedos could hit pretty hard, but that has nothing to do with enemy torpedos killing players to be fair.”
    I believe the two are linked. It could be the same bug is causing NPC and Player Kinetics damage to hit harder than they should be. Not just torpedoes but mines and all kinetic damage.

“250k torp hits arent actually that much at all, they are good, but since the max hits we saw back in the days with the temporal device or the enhanced heavy biomolecular torpedo were around 950k damage.. yea”
    Sure on a top end torpedo boat but I was not even flying a torpedo boat at the time. I was averaging 200k none crit damage per torpedo on a none torpedo boat mostly without torpedo buffs. The only reason I had the torpedo fitted was for the grav wells. My average damage should be 30k not 200k on that build.

“but be careful, some hy torpedos of doom could hit yourself. so if the enemy is directly next to you and you shoot your gravimetric hy3 at that target, you might get killed yourself too”
    Thank you but I already know how torpedo boats work and what I am experiencing is not correct. Base damage with my few buffs is 30k. It should not be averaging 200k none critical. Also how does a 30k torpedo at point blank range do 255k splash damage to myself running at 60%+ resistance? Shouldn’t that be under 15k?

I also do not understand how my Kinetic weapons are bypassing shields and killing targets with 98% shields up. Again that is a bug of some sort, not how it should be working. In my testing grounds NPC's ships are blowing up x5 faster then normal. Normally shields go down and then I get a big hit on hull. Now I am seeing the target die long before I even dint the shields.

Unrelated to above. Your Endeavour guide link is very useful. Thanks.
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    “yes, player torpedos could hit pretty hard, but that has nothing to do with enemy torpedos killing players to be fair.”
    I believe the two are linked. It could be the same bug is causing NPC and Player Kinetics damage to hit harder than they should be. Not just torpedoes but mines and all kinetic damage.

“250k torp hits arent actually that much at all, they are good, but since the max hits we saw back in the days with the temporal device or the enhanced heavy biomolecular torpedo were around 950k damage.. yea”
    Sure on a top end torpedo boat but I was not even flying a torpedo boat at the time. I was averaging 200k none crit damage per torpedo on a none torpedo boat mostly without torpedo buffs. The only reason I had the torpedo fitted was for the grav wells. My average damage should be 30k not 200k on that build.

“but be careful, some hy torpedos of doom could hit yourself. so if the enemy is directly next to you and you shoot your gravimetric hy3 at that target, you might get killed yourself too”
    Thank you but I already know how torpedo boats work and what I am experiencing is not correct. Base damage with my few buffs is 30k. It should not be averaging 200k none critical. Also how does a 30k torpedo at point blank range do 255k splash damage to myself running at 60%+ resistance? Shouldn’t that be under 15k?

I also do not understand how my Kinetic weapons are bypassing shields and killing targets with 98% shields up. Again that is a bug of some sort, not how it should be working. In my testing grounds NPC's ships are blowing up x5 faster then normal. Normally shields go down and then I get a big hit on hull. Now I am seeing the target die long before I even dint the shields.

Unrelated to above. Your Endeavour guide link is very useful. Thanks.

the question is what is the basedamage from that torpedo hit itself. the notation is damage(basedamage) in the ingame chatlog. basedamage would include all your damagebuffs while the damage value is enhanced by resistance buffs/debuffs too
    if the value is more than 3:1 (damage:basedmg) we could say that there might be something odd :)
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    4. if you think there is a problem, use /combatlog 1, record all the things you're doing. than you could find out what hit and killed you if you really want to and/or you could show us.
    without some more informations beside "i got killed by torpedos" its pretty difficult to track down the issue at all
    I did all that with screenshots and a combatlog but the bug Engineer was not interested in taking them.

When the bug hit my High Yield Grav torpedo had an average hit of over 200k for none critical damage across an ISA run. Critical was past 300k. Which is why too high for an Eng tank. Not the only oddity during that testing. In the same testing batch but a different run I had a 100% Critical chance across 24 Tricobalt attacks . My base critical was around 25% with no critical boosting powers being used.

Did you keep any of those screen shots and logs??? Because @darkbladejk, who is a bug hunter, says he will take them.
    Going to reiterate a few points I made earlier. First and foremost, if someone can demonstrate to me that a bug is going on and it is indeed a bug, I will guarantee that it's seen.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Thank you, foxman....
    foxman00 wrote: »
    I frequently deal with torp spreads of 100k. Combination of hull & shield resistances, specialization traits, brace for impact or each one individual as needed. Tactical team, Aux2SIF Engineering team and others to get a spike in my resistances.

Is there a trick to this? What are you watching for? Or do you have everything set on some sort of pattern/procedure so they are always up? Do you use "combos" of abilities that work together, too?

(They mentioned this over on the thread I have about Kit Modules, so "combos" are good on ground, too.)

Do you help your team by "Tanking" torpedo damage, too? Maybe it would be a good idea to have less damage so Tanks can take aggro off my BoP? Though, I think BoP has it's own peculiarities.

But how would a Solo player deal with it? I usually run with Aux2SIF and Engineering Team, already...I am not sure a BoP can get away with things, otherwise.

But I tend to use them as heals, after I see the hull start falling apart.
    Are you saying I should use them BEFORE???

foxman00 wrote: »
    There is alot you can do. Plus not flying straight at an enemy group facing you that you know specializes with torp spreads (eg Terrans) helps as well.

Well built ships, tactics, captain experience and watching the enemies buff bars, along with your own and your debuff bar.

Well...I am finally starting to see there are things the enemy ships are doing to me (besides shooting). But I guess, I have to pay attention to the enemy ship target's buffs and figure out what the debuffs are exactly. And practice, of course.

I need bigger Icons on the screen. :)

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    if the value is more than 3:1 (damage:basedmg) we could say that there might be something odd :)
    The damage logs are from August 2018 when I was trying to track down the bug and from what I remember the basedamage via the tooltip was 30k so a difference of around 8:1 with the torpedo and around 4:1 with the mine launcher. The shield pen problem I only started seeing a few weeks ago and it was really bad yesterday and today. I did a quick combatlog of it today but have not had time to go over the data. I need to head to bed but can take a better look tomorrow after work.

where2r1 wrote: »
    “Did you keep any of those screen shots and logs??? Because @darkbladejk, who is a bug hunter, says he will take them.”
    Not sure about the screenshots but I still have some of the logs around someplace which I can dig out tomorrow. @darkbladejk put me in contact with a bug Engineer last August but nothing came of it.
    edited January 2019
    Are we as players missing some details???

Which types of Torpedoes have Shield Penetration as standard?
    Which enemies have Shield Penetration as part of their ships abilities?

I assume some types of the energy weapons type have Shield Penetration?
    But which NPCs would use shield penetrating energy weapons on their ships?

I will have to spend some time looking all these questions up..... as I am off to start making dinner, here.

The damage logs are from August 2018 when I was trying to track down the bug and from what I remember the basedamage via the tooltip was 30k so a difference of around 8:1 with the torpedo and around 4:1 with the mine launcher. The shield pen problem I only started seeing a few weeks ago and it was really bad yesterday and today. I did a quick combatlog of it today but have not had time to go over the data. I need to head to bed but can take a better look tomorrow after work.

“Did you keep any of those screen shots and logs??? Because @darkbladejk, who is a bug hunter, says he will take them.”
    Not sure about the screenshots but I still have some of the logs around someplace which I can dig out tomorrow. @darkbladejk put me in contact with a bug Engineer last August but nothing came of it.

the interesting thing wouldnt be right now not the tooltip itself but the line from the combat itself to see if the basedmg was that high, if it was debuffs or something :)

and why not upload the logfile? than we could have a look, but like i said, you could hit pretty hard with torpedos yourself as a player ;)
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    I'm one of those weirdos that pulls double duty as a Bug Hunter and a Forum Moderator. If it makes you folks feel better this isn't even the weirdest bug I've seen, not by a long shot. One of the more annoying bugs to track, absolutely. That's the nature of bug testing I suppose. Any logs you guys have you can PM to me directly and I'll analyze them with my team. If there is a bug it will get squashed, though first we have to find the varmint.

When making bug reports we have to be super specific and the last time you said something I don't think we explained it well enough and there was a communication breakdown as a result. But yes if you have those logs still I will look at them and we can hopefully get this one squished.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    Are we as players missing some details???

Which types of Torpedoes have Shield Penetration as standard?
    Which enemies have Shield Penetration as part of their ships abilities?

I assume some types of the energy weapons type have Shield Penetration?
    But which NPCs would use shield penetrating energy weapons on their ships?

I will have to spend some time looking all these questions up..... as I am off to start making dinner, here.

OMG...did I ever open a can of worms looking at this stuff???

++++++++++++++++++++

BORG --
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Borg_Shield_Neutralizer
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Tachyon_Beam

The Borg also uses Plasma energy weapons which has a chance plasma damage...which ignores shields.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Plasma_weapons_(space)

++++++++++++++++++

Transphasic Torpedoes and Mines ... too many variations have to link this up later.
    All have Shield Penetration. Also need to figure out which NPCs use which type.

+++++++++++++++++++

Feedback Pulse is 50% Shield Penetration...still need to search which NPCs use this.
    Photonic Shockwave gives a debuff to Kinetic Resistance.

++++++++++++++++++++

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Romulan_Plasma_weapons_(space)
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Elachi_Disruptor_weapons_(space)
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Quantum_Phase_Catalysts

+++++++++++++++++++++

Tzenkethi weapons....drawing off yours to add to theirs....Shield Resistance wise.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Diffusive_Tetryon_weapons_(space)

You know what...it is getting way too late to work on this stuff....
    I need to get off this computer and get some sleep. I will try to finish it tomorrow.

• ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    A few comments to the OP: 1) What part of a no win situation don't you get? 2) Recheck what difficulty level you are playing at. If your not geared for level either do it on a weaker difficulty setting or rethink your build. 3) NO to reducing torpedo damage. The game is no challenge if you can walk in and take all the torps fired at you and slaughter everything. Ugh "God mode" comes to mind. 4) Take a look at what your shields are effective against you may want to change to a different shield. 5) Check your ENG consoles and look at what your resists are if you are even running things like resist all.
    edited January 2019
    “Which types of Torpedoes have Shield Penetration as standard?”
    All of them well technically the torpedo has 0 pen but you look at the shield to see how much damage leaks though as each type of shield has a set amount of pen built in. Then some of them like Transphasic have extra pen. The bonus pen on Transphasic stacks with the pen on shields and both stack with other sources like traits.

“and why not upload the logfile? than we could have a look, but like i said, you could hit pretty hard with torpedos yourself as a player ”
    I know that but just slapping a torpedo on a ship for its secondary effect without really buffing it should not be hitting that hard. The base damage after buffs was around 30k via the tooltip and it hit me for 255k none critical with 60%+ resistance. The numbers do not add up.

High Yield Gravimetric Explosion III,Pn.Dl5c351,Kinetic,,255109,152723
    High Yield Gravimetric Explosion I,Pn.Lfycj41,Kinetic,Critical,118182,107449

Heading to work now, will try and get the files uploaded towards the end of the day.
    edited January 2019
    [...]

Heading to work now, will try and get the files uploaded towards the end of the day.

the first one is as base dmg 152723. which is defnitly a decent torp hit, but not that unusual for a hy3 gravimetric torp to be fair. there are defnitly several +%bonus dmg buffs running. the real dmg is 255109, which is an okish debuff value on the target, not a great one.

the second one had defnitly less +%bonus dmg buffs running than the first one, even tho +% crtd and +% bonus dmg sum up. in addition the resistance debuff there was non existant basically.
    based on standing in space, just using hy3 increase my gravimetric torps tooltip dmg to around 42k. so you just need around ~150% crtd/bonus dmg running to get that hy critical hit there, ~300% to get the number from your first torpedo, which could be achived these days ;)

so its nothing that cant be explained there so far.
    edited January 2019
    [...]

the first one is as base dmg 152723. which is defnitly a decent torp hit, but not that unusual for a hy3 gravimetric torp to be fair. there are defnitly several +%bonus dmg buffs running. the real dmg is 255109, which is an okish debuff value on the target, not a great one.

the second one had defnitly less +%bonus dmg buffs running than the first one, even tho +% crtd and +% bonus dmg sum up. in addition the resistance debuff there was non existant basically.
    based on standing in space, just using hy3 increase my gravimetric torps tooltip dmg to around 42k. so you just need around ~150% crtd/bonus dmg running to get that hy critical hit there, ~300% to get the number from your first torpedo, which could be achived these days ;)

None of that explanation explains it to me. The base damage from my few bonus DMG buffs is around 30,000. Where is the other 122,723 damage coming from? It’s not from my +%bonus dmg buffs running.

My resistance was around 60% how does a positive resistance turn 122,723 damage into 255,109? Yes the cube had a debuff on it but that doesn’t explain why the splash damage hit me for 255,109k.

It was not a critical hit and when it did crit it was past 300k. So that rules out crtd. It was 255,109 pre crit.

edited January 2019
    [...]

These runs where when I was playing around with stacking radius mods on mines, creating grav wells to see how much damage would multiple up from a larger mine explosion radius hitting a grav well.

(Combatlog_2018-08-12_09-00-00 c)
    ISA run Tricobalt mine explosion non-Crit 102,668 target Nanite Transformer only had a 22% debuff. Base damage seems massively higher than it should be. I would have to go back to that ship to be 100% accurate but it should be with DMG buffs under 30k base damage. Without a crit, only a 22% debuff and 30k base damage how does it hit for 102,668?

(Combatlog_2018-08-09_08-00- 00 A)
    ISA run High Yield 1 Grav torp 258,428 none crit damage like above base damage seems massively off should be almost bang on 30k. Target only had a 105% debuff.

(Combatlog_2018-08-10_07-00-00 B)
    ISA run, High Yield 1 Grav torp 255,109 none crit on gateway673. Target only had a 70% debuff. Like above my base damage with my buffs should only be 30k so what is boosting my base damage that crazily high? Have I missed something other players can do to boost my base damage by such a massive amount?

What is also odd is that 255,109 hit 1 shot killed me but the log doesn’t show any death and I had around 60% resistances at the time.
    http://www.filedropper.com/combatlog2018-08-1007-00-00b

@darkbladejk @felisean
    I know a lot of FX (and ships) have gone missing visually in the game...I been reading bug reports about it.

I wonder if that is happening to the Borg, too??? I wonder if the thing that is invisible (or not really showing up in visuals) is the Tachyon Beam or Shield Neutralizer the Borg is using???

Are those visible at all?

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    What's your spec Pottsey? IIRC there's one that gives your anomalies a damage resist debuff effect. Unless it's a single mine drop and not a dispersal pattern or cluster torp, the first mine explosion would apply a damage resist debuff to the following explosions.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited January 2019
    What's your spec Pottsey? IIRC there's one that gives your anomalies a damage resist debuff effect. Unless it's a single mine drop and not a dispersal pattern or cluster torp, the first mine explosion would apply a damage resist debuff to the following explosions.
    Temporal Primary, Miracle Worker Secondary. There is a 10% debuff from Antrophied defenses pretty sure that one is not the problem.
    edited January 2019
    @pottsey5g
    the buffed torpedo damage without an active high yield 3 has nothing to do with the buffed torpedo damage with high yield 3 active. when you use high yield 3 in combination with a gravimetric torpedo you could get extremly high hits. only for activating high yield 3 in esd orbit as example, the dmg from the gravimetric torp goes from ~10k => ~42k. on top of those 42k you enhance it further with +%damage buffs and +% bonus damage buffs. with 100% bonus damage buffs in that case, you're already at an 80k hit with your high yield 3 gravimetric torpedo. more bonusdamage buffs will enhance it further. so doing 120-150k damage (uneffected by resistance) is defnitly in range since there are a LOT of +%bonusdamage buffs you could get.
    you could go into esd/.. orbit, check the damage value from your tooltip first. than use your high yield 3 and check the gravimetric torp tooltip damage again while hy3 is running. you will see the difference there.
    with other torpedos like the terran task force photon torp its not that much of an max onehit increase, but you get more torpedos. so with hy 1 there as example you get a buff to the damage for each torpedo and you get a salvo of 2. for 3 the damage per torpedo will be reduced a bit but you get a salvo of 3. with hy3 the damage per torp will be reduced again but its a salvo of 4 torps.

its the way how high yield 3 (and high yield 1+2 too, just a bit lower than 3) interact with a gravimetric torpedo. the same would happen with all of the torpedos granting you a targetable ball of doom via high yield.
    edited January 2019
    @pottsey5g
    the buffed torpedo damage without an active high yield 3 has nothing to do with the buffed torpedo damage with high yield 3 active. when you use high yield 3 in combination with a gravimetric torpedo you could get extremly high hits. only for activating high yield 3 in esd orbit as example, the dmg from the gravimetric torp goes from ~10k => ~42k. on top of those 42k you enhance it further with +%damage buffs and +% bonus damage buffs. with 100% bonus damage buffs in that case, you're already at an 80k hit with your high yield 3 gravimetric torpedo. more bonusdamage buffs will enhance it further. so doing 120-150k damage (uneffected by resistance) is defnitly in range since there are a LOT of +%bonusdamage buffs you could get.
    you could go into esd/.. orbit, check the damage value from your tooltip first. than use your high yield 3 and check the gravimetric torp tooltip damage again while hy3 is running. you will see the difference there.
    with other torpedos like the terran task force photon torp its not that much of an max onehit increase, but you get more torpedos. so with hy 1 there as example you get a buff to the damage for each torpedo and you get a salvo of 2. for 3 the damage per torpedo will be reduced a bit but you get a salvo of 3. with hy3 the damage per torp will be reduced again but its a salvo of 4 torps.

its the way how high yield 3 (and high yield 1+2 too, just a bit lower than 3) interact with a gravimetric torpedo. the same would happen with all of the torpedos granting you a targetable ball of doom via high yield.
    The bit I am not following is where are all these other +%bonusdamage buffs coming from? 30k is with almost all my DMG buffs active + High Yield. That is normal on the build used. I find it hard to believe another player is boosting my base damage from 30k to 152k. Is that possible?

I fully agree someone built around a high end torpedo damage can do those high numbers. But this build is not a torpedo boat. The only reason the torpedo is fitted is for the grav well so why is it hitting so hard?

The only +%bonusdamage buffs I can think off is Duelist Fervor and 15% form that doesn’t explain 30k to 152k. Unless I have missed something there is a bug boosting my base damage far to high.

EDIT: I am going recreate the build to confirm the base numbers. Plus there is no explanation that I can see for why my ship got hit for 255k damage or the mines doing the same odd high base damage as the torp.
    @pottsey5g

The bit I am not following is where are all these other +%bonusdamage buffs coming from? 30k is with almost all my DMG buffs active + High Yield. That is normal on the build used. I find it hard to believe another player is boosting my base damage from 30k to 152k. Is that possible?

I fully agree someone built around a high end torpedo damage can do those high numbers. But this build is not a torpedo boat. The only reason the torpedo is fitted is for the grav well so why is it hitting so hard?

The only +%bonusdamage buffs I can think off is Duelist Fervor and 15% form that doesn’t explain 30k to 152k. Unless I have missed something there is a bug boosting my base damage far to high.

EDIT: I am going recreate the build to confirm the base numbers. Plus there is no explanation that I can see for why my ship got hit for 255k damage or the mines doing the same odd high base damage as the torp.

@pottsey5g
    the values i've mentioned were from my ship. torpedos skilled and i guess 1 or 2 locator torpedo consoles equipped.

right now i cant get into the game to check the values again, but 30k completly buffed with hy 3 running seems to be extremly low on your end and not sure if you took the correct numbers there or so ;)
    @pottsey5g

@pottsey5g
    the values i've mentioned were from my ship. torpedos skilled and i guess 1 or 2 locator torpedo consoles equipped.

right now i cant get into the game to check the values again, but 30k completly buffed with hy 3 running seems to be extremly low on your end and not sure if you took the correct numbers there or so ;)
    Just poped onto Tribble and recreated to get 36k grav torp excluding 15% Duelist Fervor. It was a mine layer boat that just had the torpedo fitted for the grav well. That is why I was so shocked when it did so much damage and killed myself with 255k damage hit. If I fit photon consoles it does go up to 47k excluding 15% Duelist Fervor but that is still almost 100k base damage unexplained.

The Tricobalt mine base damage is 35k again excluding 15% Duelist Fervor so again there is another large batch of explained base damage.

edited January 2019
    @pottsey5g
    ok, could you take screenshots from your ship with the gear + mouse over over the tooltip from your gravimetric torpedo?
    because i'm pretty sure those numbers could be explained, just bc i was there more or less directly with buffing up a bit

even a mk xiii ur from the rep right now does 8.9k, the torp itself on epic mk xv does 11200. not going to buy a new mk xiii now but its not that far away so it should show maybe 33-35k for a hy3 alone ;)

and like i said, my numbers are from an epg boat, but with 2 spire torpedo consoles and 3 points into torpedo from the skilltree, thats it.
    @pottsey5g
    ok, could you take screenshots from your ship with the gear + mouse over over the tooltip from your gravimetric torpedo?
    because i'm pretty sure those numbers could be explained, just bc i was there more or less directly with buffing up a bit

even a mk xiii ur from the rep right now does 8.9k, the torp itself on epic mk xv does 11200. not going to buy a new mk xiii now but its not that far away so it should show maybe 33-35k for a hy3 alone ;)

and like i said, my numbers are from an epg boat, but with 2 spire torpedo consoles and 3 points into torpedo from the skilltree, thats it.
    Just got to drop my wife off then will when I get back. Thanks for trying to help.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Looks like felisean beat me to the punch on asking for build photos. that's the biggest thing that would help now is having a copy of your build handy to compare some notes with. I would suggest doing a stoacademy build in this instance due to what we're hunting down. In the mean time my crew will analyze these logs as well.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    @pottsey5g

http://www.filedropper.com/2_114 Two screenshots. TT was not active and those screenshots include the rep T6 bonus. The combatlogs predate Rep T6.

@pottsey5g

http://www.filedropper.com/2_114 Two screenshots. TT was not active and those screenshots include the rep T6 bonus. The combatlogs predate Rep T6.

ok from the normal damage that one looks pretty equal to mine. now you should use your buffs (attack pattern alpha, tactical fleet, dynamic power redistributor if available) and high yield 3 and do a mouseover over the weapon in your tiny weapon window.
  • cylus566cylus566 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    lol i lasted three and four rounds in maru, but then I have all the lobi crystal consoles on my ship jacking my ship defenses so much my shields heal nearly instantly and so does my hull, i also process alot of damage, open a bunch of lock boxes earn the lobi and get those consoles, they are so worth it.
    @pottsey5g

ok from the normal damage that one looks pretty equal to mine. now you should use your buffs (attack pattern alpha, tactical fleet, dynamic power redistributor if available) and high yield 3 and do a mouseover over the weapon in your tiny weapon window.
    That screenshot was with all my buffs apart from Duelist Fervor . I am an Engineer with no attack pattern fitted. I do not use dynamic power redistributor. So 36k with High Yield 3 with the mine consoles fitted. 47k if I swap to Photon tactical consoles but it was a mine boat I prefer +mine consoles. This is why I am so confused by the damage.
    HMM as an engineer you are a natural tank, are you stacking dps? or defenses?
    It's not a great idea to stack skills or too many skills outside you're own class, so if you are a tank stacking too much dps is probably not a good thing.

Same goes for tactical, I am tactical although i see some improvement in survival i lose alot of dps, and the protection does not work as well for me as it would an engineer.
This discussion has been closed.