test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Personal Endeavors!

Comments

• qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I picked up the 'Fistful of Gorn' Mission and went to the canyon. Without the Mission no Gorn spawn there.
    Wrong. They spawn there continuously, with or without the mission. I've hunted them there dozens of times just for the accolade, before Endeavors even existed.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yes, @markhawkman mentioned it further up the Thread. I have edited the erroneous post to remove my egregious mistake.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Getting Tetryon ground weapons damage for an Endeavor is kind of a pain. Mainly because there are no Ground Sets based off of Tet. :/
    Competitive Rep has Tetryon weapon...

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Duelist_Regalia

Need T3 of Rep & 5 Elite Marks + Dil, EC, Marks

Or Exchange for vendor trash tetryon weapon
    One thing important to remember about ground damage endeavors is that it counts pets, boffs, and pets of boffs. I got one for dealing disruptor damage that I completed by giving my boffs disruptor weapons then watching them kill stuff. As soon as the endeavor was done I swapped back to my normal weapon setup.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    I have had no problems completing endeavours except for two:

- a "complete TFOs" one that would not register any of the listed TFOs. I have completed endevours of this type but ONLY when they are in the green "easy" category... I'm wondering if maybe the yellow/medium and red/hard ones are bugged in a way that relates to the counter supposedly reading wrong as well?

- had a "kill Tholians on ground" which did not register the Tholians outdoors on New Romulus, but did register the ones on Nukara. Nothing in the endeavour text indicated this might be the case.

I'm getting the feeling that perhaps Cryptic's ineptness might not be solely the coding of this new Personal Endeavor system but mostly &/or the communication in detailing the PE's criteria for completing. If a TFO while under the Hard/Red label needs Advanced to complete then convey that when it may not for Easy or Medium. Instead Cryptic doesn't seem to mind players Bird-Boxing it all & sometimes wasting our time.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Getting Tetryon ground weapons damage for an Endeavor is kind of a pain. Mainly because there are no Ground Sets based off of Tet. :/
    Competitive Rep has Tetryon weapon...

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Duelist_Regalia

Need T3 of Rep & 5 Elite Marks + Dil, EC, Marks

Or Exchange for vendor trash tetryon weapon
    One thing important to remember about ground damage endeavors is that it counts pets, boffs, and pets of boffs. I got one for dealing disruptor damage that I completed by giving my boffs disruptor weapons then watching them kill stuff. As soon as the endeavor was done I swapped back to my normal weapon setup.

another thing that needs to be mentioned is that it doesn't have be a "good weapon", any random peice of loot as long it's the right energy type will do. a random green or blue mark 12 weapon should be "good enough".
  • knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    It sounds very nice and all... but there's nothing NEW here. We do just the same things we've always done. More shooting. More shooting. More shooting.

How about exploration? How about expanding some of the main worlds, like Earth, Andor, Vulcan, and so on, so we can visit other, new places and do interesting things there? How about giving us some new ship interiors, like the TMP Enterprise (which would also be appropriate for the Miranda, Excelsior, Constellation, and more)? How about adding features TO the interiors, making them useful and valuable?

I could go on, but I think the point is made well enough. I weary of doing the same thing all the time.

I totally agree with all this!
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    The Endeavours was a obvious thing to do and much needed but more power creep,,,,, wow lol
  • mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Here's a thought
    Make them sodding work properly !
    For the THIRD time now I've followed the instructions and selected the mentioned PvE, completed it and it's not bloody counted.
    Getting annoying now
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I weary of doing the same thing all the time.

But people keep on DOING this stuff.

How many threads are there in the Forums, right now, that show where players are doing Personal Endeavors? They are doing them. Finding problems with them. Figuring out how to do them faster and more efficiently. They are making guides and lists of them....etc...

You may not like doing the same thing over and over and over and tired of filling bar after bar after bar.... but everyone keeps doing it.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Because there isn't anything else to do! I personally like the idea of the personal endeavours, but they could be done also with brainy or exploration tasks, not just pew pew pew kill kill kill.
    edited January 2019
    Because there isn't anything else to do! I personally like the idea of the personal endeavours, but they could be done also with brainy or exploration tasks, not just pew pew pew kill kill kill.

Play another game? Spend time with your DVR? Read a book or done jigsaw puzzle? Go outside and play in your garden?

Come back when there is new content of the type you like. Which is what lots of players are doing.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 64 Arc User

This <3

where2r1 wrote: »

Play another game? Spend time with your DVR? Read a book or done jigsaw puzzle? Go outside and play in your garden?

Come back when there is new content of the type you like. Which is what lots of players are doing.

I rather speak my opinion trying to make the things better, that i don't like instead of running away like a pouty lil girl.
    And i have no idea why you are talking about all that other stuff, this is a STO Forum - stay on topic, please.
    '... And then they came, and they came. We drained four of our phasers, and they still came. We killed thousands and they still came.'
    - Captain Ronald Tracy

https://youtu.be/hromg1wpWGE
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • bluejaye1bluejaye1 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Oh great, so it's another fecked up piece of the game. I've run every Borg TFO and the red endeavour is incomplete. That's a fun afternoon wasted.
    Star Trek Offline is currently online. We apologise for the convenience and are working to remedy the situation.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    PLEASE remove the Competitive TFO from the personal daily random list. Unless it's one of the universal endeavors... you will hardly get anyone to do it. I had a toon logged on for hours on end, while I worked on alts and it never popped. Random TF does not include Competitive Ques. The middle one also requires it for 3 times... good luck with that since you need 10 people to que up at the same time for it to trigger once and then it's on cool down for that 1 que (2 ques if you include Normal & Advanced).
    As I've stated previously now I'm thinking all this kerfuffle may not just be the implementation of these Personal Endeavors but the details given upon how to complete them. If it states complete so & so TFO but is a Hard/Red objective it probably means it has to be on Advanced/Elite even though it doesn't declare it. Cryptic should address this either way.

There's something obviously not polished & refined about this system so far. Having Easy pay-out more than Hard PEs is just bad balancing let alone all the players that have wasted their efforts so far. The longer Cryptic takes to address this the worse it will be for players that keep attempting this newest busy-work. Completing a task stating it will reward you & not getting rewarded for it is not fun by the way, Cryptic.

Also, when Cryptic rolled-out the Admiralty system we were allotted some Pass Tokens if I remember. This PE roll-out should've allotted players 3-5 of those Reroll Tokens as well, especially with current state of this PE system. I still like this PE idea, but lousy execution by Cryptic whether it is more communication &/or coding.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Lucky me I rolled competitive TFOs only 2 times so far... and both times I got reroll token from Red (Hard) Endeavour box at that time…
    And about tetryon ground weapons - there is one episode in Iconian War arc - "Broken Circle" which gives nice Mk XII purple tetryon "full" auto rifle...
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    It sounds very nice and all... but there's nothing NEW here. We do just the same things we've always done. More shooting. More shooting. More shooting.

How about exploration? How about expanding some of the main worlds, like Earth, Andor, Vulcan, and so on, so we can visit other, new places and do interesting things there? How about giving us some new ship interiors, like the TMP Enterprise (which would also be appropriate for the Miranda, Excelsior, Constellation, and more)? How about adding features TO the interiors, making them useful and valuable?

I could go on, but I think the point is made well enough. I weary of doing the same thing all the time.
    Completely off-topic complaining tends to be that way.
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    As I've stated previously now I'm thinking all this kerfuffle may not just be the implementation of these Personal Endeavors but the details given upon how to complete them. If it states complete so & so TFO but is a Hard/Red objective it probably means it has to be on Advanced/Elite even though it doesn't declare it. Cryptic should address this either way.
    There is a longer description of the mission in the "in progress" tab of the mission journal, which I've heard does declare this (haven't noticed myself, since I play them all on Advanced anyway). But yes, that detail should be in the main view.
    I rather speak my opinion trying to make the things better, that i don't like instead of running away like a pouty lil girl.
    And i have no idea why you are talking about all that other stuff, this is a STO Forum - stay on topic, please.

Well... I am a 53yo woman and well past the age to be even considered a pouty little girl. But that is cool, if you think I am a little girl...so be it. LOL!

I been reading this STO Forum for years, and seen players like you with intentions of improving the game and making things better for everyone, come and go.

"There is nothing left to do"????? Did you try out all the new stuff from the Emperor's Lockbox?

I am not even through messing around with the stuff I got from Winter Wonderland Event....the Kit Modules, the New Ship and Consoles. Right now, I am running the Anniversary stuff.

I am sorry that you can not keep yourself occupied in STO the game with so much to do, it makes my head spin.

I been at this game for YEARs and still have tons to do. And with a constant stream of new toys to play with I don't think I will ever get bored. And I am having a great time and learning more and more every day.

warpangel wrote: »
    There is a longer description of the mission in the "in progress" tab of the mission journal, which I've heard does declare this (haven't noticed myself, since I play them all on Advanced anyway). But yes, that detail should be in the main view.

That is good to know, I'll have to try to be more observant. I just figured since they have some details for some of the PEs on the main screen window it would be that way for all the PEs offered. Just like the original Endeavors I'll play with it off & on for a week or two, but if it seems too much effort & too little reward then I'll ignore it unless along my path or way easy. Not a very welcoming beginning though.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User

That is good to know, I'll have to try to be more observant. I just figured since they have some details for some of the PEs on the main screen window it would be that way for all the PEs offered. Just like the original Endeavors I'll play with it off & on for a week or two, but if it seems too much effort & too little reward then I'll ignore it unless along my path or way easy. Not a very welcoming beginning though.

@warpangel @nommo#5819
    Unfortunately the description in the journal does not say anything about difficulty. I had a Complete Borg TFO as my Hard today and I screencapped it.
    CO3wE1h.png

(N.B. No, normal does not seem to work here.)

And the Endeavor tab doesn't specify either.
    XEIdLJB.png

3/10 on the implementation here. I like the system but quite aside from the obvious bugs the explaining text seems to be flawed like ****
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    one thing someone suggested in the bug forum is that maybe the TFO completion tasks have a broken counter since some people have mentioned that they had to do it more than once but it did eventually work. The idea being that it's actually a 0/3 task even though it displays 0/1.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    ilithyn wrote: »
    Unfortunately the description in the journal does not say anything about difficulty. I had a Complete Borg TFO as my Hard today and I screencapped it.
    CO3wE1h.png

So I see. All I know is some people in game chat have mentioned theirs did say requires Advanced on hard. I don't remember which TFOs they were talking about. It could be some are meant to have different requirements, or that the text is simply missing.

BTW, did Advanced work for you for those, or is it completely broken? I suppose it's possible if unlikely that it could require Elite, but only three of those queues even have an Elite version.
    ilithyn wrote: »

@warpangel @nommo#5819
    CO3wE1h.png

And the Endeavor tab doesn't specify either.
    XEIdLJB.png

3/10 on the implementation here. I like the system but quite aside from the obvious bugs the explaining text seems to be flawed like ****

Big thanks for those screen shots. It is just nice to know at this point I'm not looking right at it & not seeing it.
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Just to be clear, on the Hard TFO it does need to be Advanced or Elite and It does need to be 3 missions. I should have been fixed

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11077753-pc-patch-notes-for-1/25/19

"Resolved an issue with the listed requirement for TFO completions in medium difficulty which were incorrectly stating you need 0/1 when it should have been 0/3. "
    Not sure what this means. The Hard Endeavor I did last night listed 'Do Borg TFO (not Red Alert) 0/1'. I did ICA and got the Hard Endeavor Award.

Are you saying that there are levels that you can set the Endeavors to?

So (Easy) Hard 0/1, (Medium) Hard 0/3, and (Hard) Hard 0/5? If so why would you do it anything but one time? So you could get a better Endeavor Reward of more EC, or more Endeavor XP?

The Universal last night was 'Do Gravity Kills TFO 0/1'. It was painful enough one time at Advanced. I couldn't imagine subjecting myself to that more than once for the Reward.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns