test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Officer Missing

spidey51363spidey51363 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
I dismissed one of my bridge officers and now when I try to fill it, it says "no more room". I hope I did not delete the position. What is wrong????

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Bridge officer slots never go away. You also get more open slots as you level up, after each 10 levels / rank increase up to .. admiral?

You probably got a new bridge officer after that as an episode reward, and let them join instead of saying not now.

Either that or you added one new bridge officer already and are trying to add a second.

Or you dismissed a duty officer not a bridge officer.

Or you dismissed one of your not-yet-commissioned bridge officers from your inventory instead of an active bridge officer.

Whatever you did, look over your list of active bridge officers and dismiss one of them to make room. Or buy more bridge officer slots.
  • Options
    spidey51363spidey51363 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    no it was a bridge officer. there is an empty slot and all the extra bridge officers I have tried to fill the slot, new or in inventory, keep saying the same thing, "THERE IS NO ROOM". Please help.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Bring up your character's UI. Go to the Stations tab. Along the bottom, you should see a Show button. That will open a window that has a number of BOFFs that can be commissioned. It will only hold 15 BOFFs. This is probably what is "full". BOFFs can only be commissioned from here if not immediately when acquired, and cannot be commissioned directly from Inventory before being sent here first.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    To make more room, you can turn some of them into Training Manuals. Do that with the low-quality ones (white, green, blue) first. Very Rare quality bridge officers are often cheap on the exchange, except for a few rare ones like Romulan officers with the Superior Romulan Operative trait.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Badmoon is right.. it's your candidate roster that's full.

You can either commission an officer from your Candidate Roster or you can dismiss/sell an officer from your roster to make room.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    Badmoon is right.. it's your candidate roster that's full.

You can either commission an officer from your Candidate Roster or you can dismiss/sell an officer from your roster to make room.

Or grind them into training manual slurry. Anything less than Very Rare sells for nothing on the exchange.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Some specific species(mostly Romulans) sell for more but that's because they have useful space traits.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg