test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

C.U.V Tain admiralty card

waffels1waffels1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
Just got one upon reaching level 65. I see it on my ship roster tab only. Is there any way to actually get it (fly) it?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    No
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    edited January 2019
    If you wanna fly the same class of ship as the Tain, I believe that would be the Cardi Intel Science Dreadnaught.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Cardassian_Intel_Science_Dreadnought
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • waffels1waffels1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    If you wanna fly the same class of ship as the Tain, I believe that would be the Cardi Intel Science Dreadnaught.

Wait, then whats the reason for getting the card if I can't get the ship?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    waffels1 wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Wait, then whats the reason for getting the card if I can't get the ship?
    So you can use the card for admiralty missions.

Also it's a weird card because it's best stat is Eng, but it's classified as a science ship.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    What do you mean by "can't get the ship?" Rattler just linked you to the class of ship to which the C.U.V. Tain belongs, which is available in the C-Store. Buy it. Fly it. You'll also get another Admiralty Card for it.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    We have Admiralty Cards for each class, and then we have the NAMED ship cards, that have better stats. I don't see people complaining about not flying the Rhode Island, Sally Ride, Zdenia, or any of the other epic quality cards we have.

Honestly its no different than getting, say...
    s-l300.jpg
    vs the generic
    s-l300.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    There are 2 different card games inside STO. One uses DOFF cards....Those assignments are based on sending officers on your ship to different duties.

The other uses Admiralty cards....Those assignment are based on sending the ships you own in your personal ship dock to different missions. This is what the Tain card is for.

To fly a ship in the video game part of STO, you have to acquire the playable ship. Though, acquiring a playable ship, it comes with a card to add to your Admiralty card deck.

But the special cards acquired for completion of various objectives....are just tied to a reward for that objective. Not to an actual playable ship.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Are you playing either of the card games?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    What do you mean by "can't get the ship?" Rattler just linked you to the class of ship to which the C.U.V. Tain belongs, which is available in the C-Store. Buy it. Fly it. You'll also get another Admiralty Card for it.

I've been off of STO for the past few years, just recently came back not sure what's changed since then. I thought the card was redeemable for a free ship.

where2r1 wrote: »
    Are you playing either of the card games?

What's that and where do I go to play?
    Nope. Named ship Admiralty Cards are basically just hero ships who have offered their services to you for Admiralty assignments.

Also...
    welcome-back.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Ah! Well, Admiralty is like DOFFing, except with ships. Every ship in your roster gets you a card. Reclaim C-Store ships that you've bought to get more cards. Some missions reward special ship cards, like the C.U.V. Tain. Welcome back!
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    You click the same button you click to do DOFF missions, then click the Admiralty button on that window.

This brings up the Admiralty window and you choose assignments to do.

Do the Tour of Duty missions to eventually receive some nice dil and rewards. There are ten of them for each faction.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    Admiralty Track focus:
    • Fed: XP
    • Klingon: Dilithium
    • Romulan: Crafting Mats
    • Ferengi: EC and GPL

Admiralty Track ToD rewards:
    • Fed: 2 spec points
    • Klingon: 30k Dilithium Ore
    • Romulan: 4 Romulan Universal Tech Upgrades (0 DL cost)
    • Ferengi: 30k Dilithium Ore

Admiralty Track lv 10 rewards:
    • Fed: USS Rhode Island (Science)
    • Klingon: IKS Hegh (Engineering)
    • Romulan: RRW Zdenia (Tactical)
    • Ferengi: Quark's Triumph (Engineering)

There are other gold quality Admiralty Cards, such as the VSS Tanius, ISS Stadi, USS Sally Ride, and USS Pastak, but they are not tied to Admiralty Progression.

The USS Sally Ride is available by contacting an NPC in Sector Space. VSS Tanius is in the Phoenix Box, ISS Stadi NEEDS to be in the Phoenix Box now, USS Pastak is available as a mission reward in... I wanna say Temporal Arc.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    the USS Pastak card is in the Time and Tide Admiralty Bundle in the mission Time and Tide in the future proof arc.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    > @rattler2 said:

> Admiralty Track ToD rewards:
    > * Fed: 2 spec points

The Federation ToD reward of 2 Spec Points is nerfed to 5,760 Dilitium if you are maxed on Spec Points.

>... USS Pastak is available as a mission reward in... I wanna say Temporal Arc.

'Time and Tide'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »

The Federation ToD reward of 2 Spec Points is nerfed to 5,760 Dilitium if you are maxed on Spec Points.

Considering my main's already maxed out on Spec Trees... I haven't had a need to touch Fed Admiralty and wouldn't know that... *sweatdrop*
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Generally speaking, admiralty is the most time efficient way to get many of the in game resources plus heaps of XP. Unfortunately it isn't the most fun aspect of gameplay.

But since you "only" get one admiralty card per ship you own, getting more cards to be able to do more missions or at least more missions properly is always helpful. And stat wise, the Epic cards are top tier, way above any "real" ship. So while not all abilities are that useful (the CUV Tain being somewhat lacklustre but still okay-ish) they are a welcome addition to any set, even if you already have 100 ships in the roster. And for players with fewer ships, they are almost invaluable in doing admiralty.

So while having an actual ship is nice, these cards are really valuable in their own right.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    When I first came back to the game slightly after the admiralty ships were introduced, I was equally confused. I kept looking to see where these ships would be so I could actually fly them. Quickly learned the ins and outs, and I really actually like the system.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    The admirality is one those things that is massively boring if you do it as replacement for missions/TFOs, but isn't that bad if you do like it's suppose to be done, aka as addition to those previously mentioned aspects of the game. Same with DOFF missions really.

That said if you need resources fast(but not right at this moment) admirality is generally one of the more efficient ways of doing that. As if you got decent enough cards and pick your missions carefully you can easily get good amount of EC, Dil or GPL within 20 hours or so at latest.
    edited February 2019
    If they had the autofill like Doff Assignments it would be a nice QoL addition.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    If they had the autofill like Doff Assignments it would be a nice QoL addition

But then it would probably only go for the minimum needed to complete. What if you have a 10/10/10 and wanna go for a Crit? Or it might just put in a ship you might need for the ToD 10/10 assignment that you were planning for next.
    Then you change a ship out. In many cases you can let it go. Remember when autofill on Doff first came out it would try to maximize Crit even though it would would let Failure or Disaster creep up in percentage. Then they toned that down.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I... wouldn't know. I haven't actually done any DOffing for a while. Only one I really focus on is Diplomacy for the Transwarps. Other than that the rewards feel... like I'm just getting pennies honestly. Admiralty feels more rewarding when you see things that give 500 DL vs maybe 50 from DOffing.
This discussion has been closed.