test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Competitive TFO’s and Personal Endeavors

lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
Is there any chance Cryptic can remove the Competitve TFO’s from the endeavors. They simply do not pop and if you get something like tasks asking you to complete 3 of them it’s a total waste of time.
To start they need 10 players each, double all other missions.
Secondly they were always unpopular anyway so never popped even before this system was added.
Lastly, they are not even part of the random TFO system so you can’t even queue up and hope for others to get put in randomly to fill the numbers up.

Honestly, it’s just a total waste of time, even at peak times they barely pop. I’ve spent more than 1hr 30 mins queues for 6 different Competive TFO’s at various difficulties and not a peep. I do not have time to do this when my play time is limited.
SulMatuul.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Agreed. Even when it was the universal Endeavour and everyone had it (the single run of Binary Circuit), it was slow to pop. If you got the "Complete 3 of this TFO" on a Competitive you'd have to either use a reroll on it or wait for the next day.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Totally agreed, they should absolutely be removed from the Endeavor list. Their only current purpose is to try and coax you into using a reroll token.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    "Can't do it in 5 minutes, get rid of it." :disappointed:

Heaven forbid there be a reason to actually arrange a team for something.

That said, Binary Circuit popped for me just fine. The comp queues are very good, used to be popular in the beginning before being spoiled by allmarks, and the endos will hopefully make them pop more.

And haters can just spend their reroll tokens or wait for the next day, like they deserve.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

That said, Binary Circuit popped for me just fine. The comp queues are very good, used to be popular in the beginning before being spoiled by allmarks, and the endos will hopefully make them pop more.

And haters can just spend their reroll tokens or wait for the next day, like they deserve.

Did you even read the dammed post i made?

I waited over 1hr 30 mins queued up in 6 different Comp. TFO's and not a single one popped. That was my entire play time used up without completing the thing i wanted to do.

I've no problem with going all over the galaxy completing these task and i've enjoyed some areas not played in for years. But these queues are just not working, and people are wasting their time waiting for them.
    SulMatuul.png
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    they dont pop cause the reward all sucks and you require "Teamwork". you need to trigger things in a fixed order or process due to the puzzles. if you want you can be a smeghead and mess with your own team. Ground map has a tunnel you need to rotate to line up... you can always rotate it out of order to prevent progress... and it's working as intended :) space one also has a locked door and you need to order the color code to open door... yeah, whole team can work on it... so you can always work to prevent it from being opened. small fixes to code to prevent griefing should be made. yeah I had a toon logged in for hours waiting (more than 2) while I worked on alts. this type of que is a bring your own group type.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    Totally agreed, they should absolutely be removed from the Endeavor list. Their only current purpose is to try and coax you into using a reroll token.

While I can relate to not liking the competitive TFOs because you really can't depend on other players to pug and finding 9 others (4 on your team and 5 on the opposing team) to play is not really practical, why would anyone be saving reroll tokens?

Isn't the purpose for making them available so that players can skip an endeavor because they either can't or don't want to do it?

Seems to me that I get at least one reroll token each day that I finish the all the endeavors. Now, if you skip a mission and get another of the exact same type, then I'd be a little irritated and say it was a waste of a token.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Any endeavor that says "Complete XXXX TFO" is bugged for me as well as for many others as I can see from reading these forums. I'm spending re-roll tokens to skip them and hoping there is a fix soon or at least they should give away re-roll tokens for free on a daily basis until they fix this issue.

IMO the personal endeavors are lots of fun when they work but needs some more tweaking as it is now.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    I would actually argue that they (competitive queues) need to be added to the random TFO list.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    I would actually argue that they (competitive queues) need to be added to the random TFO list.

they were excluded for a reason, i doubt that reason has changed or is no longer valid.

personally, only one that needs to be added is the one that gives the elite mark.
  • jpdelano#1374 jpdelano Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    > @storules said:
    > Any endeavor that says "Complete XXXX TFO" is bugged for me as well as for many others as I can see from reading these forums. I'm spending re-roll tokens to skip them and hoping there is a fix soon or at least they should give away re-roll tokens for free on a daily basis until they fix this issue.
    >
    > IMO the personal endeavors are lots of fun when they work but needs some more tweaking as it is now.​​

nice video man

reminds me of me and my dad
    except, its been a while

maybe one of these days fathers and sons will get along
    even at age 40 plus
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    I waited over 1hr 30 mins queued up in 6 different Comp. TFO's and not a single one popped. That was my entire play time used up without completing the thing i wanted to do.

I've no problem with going all over the galaxy completing these task and i've enjoyed some areas not played in for years. But these queues are just not working, and people are wasting their time waiting for them.
    Yes, well, since none of them popped, not many people apparently. BTW, why not all 9 of them?

I don't consider possibly needing to ask others to play with you to be a flaw in an MMORPG.
    They require 10 players, which means they would never pop from randoms. The random queue always starts as soon as it's able and it's always able to start at 5 players, so there can never be 10 players in the random queue.
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User

The OP is absolutely right. They totally wrecked the queue system, and competitive queues are impossible to get into - that is well-known. Not everyone plays this game 12 hours a day.

Waiting 90+ minutes for a queue is absurd and anyone in their right mind knows that is not viable. *ain't no one got time for that*

The OP is absolutely right. They totally wrecked the queue system, and competitive queues are impossible to get into - that is well-known. Not everyone plays this game 12 hours a day.

Waiting 90+ minutes for a queue is absurd and anyone in their right mind knows that is not viable. *ain't no one got time for that*
    As I said, BC popped for me just fine in a few minutes tops.

Also as I said, I don't consider possibly needing to ask others to play with you to be a flaw in an MMORPG.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User

Also as I said, I don't consider possibly needing to ask others to play with you to be a flaw in an MMORPG.

Except that for approximately 99.753% of the STO players it's a single-player game with occasional quick grouped activities.

You might want it to be a PVP MMO, but it's not for most players. The PUG wait times prove that.

STO is a casual-friendly game where joining a chat channel and arranging a raid should not be required to progress in personal endeavors. STO isn't WoW.

Yes, well, since none of them popped, not many people apparently. BTW, why not all 9 of them?

I don't consider possibly needing to ask others to play with you to be a flaw in an MMORPG.
    They require 10 players, which means they would never pop from randoms. The random queue always starts as soon as it's able and it's always able to start at 5 players, so there can never be 10 players in the random queue.

Then perhaps it is time to change that mechanic and allow 10 player queues into the random.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Comp pve queues died off almost as soon as the first wave of rep capping was done.

I'm sure there'll be folk who will decry that as false but waiting for hours in a queue is never fun, just a way of padding folks playtime. Assuming they don't simply take one look at the endeavour list and log off without a 2nd thought.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Then perhaps it is time to change that mechanic and allow 10 player queues into the random.

If its set up to start as soon as 5 people are matched...

Only way to do that would be to make a second Random button rigged up for 10 man queues.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    In what world do you have to wait HOURS for a competitive queue? Especially with the introduction of the random TFO system.

I did Binary Circuit a few days ago, took less then 10 minutes after queuing for it to launch.

A world in wich Competative is STILL not a part of the Random STF options.
    BTW... Competative STFs are a possible on the Personal Endeavors, so that's probably why it popped so fast.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

If its set up to start as soon as 5 people are matched...

Only way to do that would be to make a second Random button rigged up for 10 man queues.
    Which would be pointless, since the only 10-mans in the game are the competitives and CC.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

Lol. Whatever buddy.

I happened to be queued with 4 other fleetmates who were all on at the same time, one of whom had the same endeavor task. So we all sat there for 90 mins with no luck.
    And whilst i could go round pestering every channel i'm in to grab players 99% of the time you get nowhere that way either, and we'd still need to find 6 more people anyway!
    In what world do you have to wait HOURS for a competitive queue? Especially with the introduction of the random TFO system.

I did Binary Circuit a few days ago, took less then 10 minutes after queuing for it to launch.

The Competitive queues are not part for the random TFO system, so that would have zero effect on how quickly they pop. I stated all that in the OP too.
    So yes it really is possible to wait for hours for these queues to start.
    SulMatuul.png
    edited January 2019
    rattler2 wrote: »

A world in wich Competative is STILL not a part of the Random STF options.
    BTW... Competative STFs are a possible on the Personal Endeavors, so that's probably why it popped so fast.

Had that personal endeavor twice this week. Both times Binary Circuit popped in less than 5 minutes.
    Granted, i did queue for all 3 difficulties to improve my odds.

Maybe there are more players who do competitive in the European Theater than elsewhere.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    [Edit] - Not taking the bait.. carry on.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • fun4ever#6757 fun4ever Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    All Competitive TFOs have to be added to Random TFO list...

And if someome dont like them ---> dont hit random button!
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    but waiting for hours in a queue

That would be this world.

And as was pointed out the binary circuit was an endeavour so those results would have been skewed wildly in your favour.
    edited January 2019
    Off topic and profane comments redacted. -- WingedHussar
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

Did you even read the dammed post i made?

AHAHAAHAH... You're describing the exact REASON behind the devs choosing to make personal endeavors for this. People didn't play those often enough and none of them counts for RTFOs, so the devs have found a different way to incentivize playing them.

And yes, I have done Binary Circuit sometime in the last week. My team was poorly coordinated but we at least got to the boss phase before the other team won.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited January 2019
    Response to moderated post redacted. -- WingedHussar
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
This discussion has been closed.