test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Save 30% on the Europa for 24 Hours!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
Another Anniversary Flash Sale hits PC! Save 30% on the Europa Class in the C-store for the next 24 hours!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11077713

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    That doesn't look like a BoP. :::giggles:::
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    lol, I absolutely have no interest in this ship whatsoever, also 2-3 tac consoles is too low for a tac biased ship.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    lol, I absolutely have no interest in this ship whatsoever, also 2-3 tac console slots is too low for a tac ship.

Except that it's not a tac ship. It's a battlecruiser, which is an engi-based ship which can field cannons for the price of the threat generating aura and device slot. All cruisers, dreadnought cruisers, battlecruisers, heavy battlecruisers, support cruiser, support battlecruiser classes are engi-based, what with having a Commander bridge officer seat. And pretty much all battlecruisers are at 3-4 tac console slots. The only one that isn't, would be the Martok, or T5-U Tactical Bortasqu'. But hey...details. ;)

3-5 is fine for a battlecruiser, regarding tactical console slots. It's the seating that mainly matters.
    edited January 2019
    Well by tac ship I actually meant tac biased, I typed that not long after I woke up but I didn't mean to imply that it was a tactical ship. Battlecruisers are more tac biased than most other cruisers, and battlecruisers usually have 4 tac slots as the default or 3 with 4 for the fleet version if it has one. Regular cruisers usually have only up to 2-3.
  • herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    2-3 tac console slots is too low for a tac ship.

Why would you think this is a 'tac ship' with 1 tac, 2 eng, 1 sci/cmd, 1 uni seat and the largest +hull modifer of any of the Fed battle cruisers?

Four tac consoles are usually on Fed dreadnoughts and assault cruisers. It reminds me more of a 'heavy' version of the Walker class Exploration Cruiser (with 5/3 weapons, instead of 4/4) with emphasis on eng and Command seating.

You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
    I have already explained my peace, I was too tired when I typed it but that isn't what I meant.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Yeah it is engineered focused, but then again, isn't most of STO tactical focused lol. I posted about the sale in General Discussion because I think I beat the time of this initial posting.