test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Training Bridge Officers

spidey51363spidey51363 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
I have a new bridge officer and promoted him to Lt. I want to start training him as a science officer. Can someone please tell me how to train/add skills to the new officer. Step by Step. I have the basic Science manual along with Polarization1 and Polarization 2. I have no idea of how to do it and I would also like to know how to sell/convert an officer I cannot use like they have given their oath to the Klingon Empire. I cannot put him on the exchange cause I can't find him in the inventory.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Westmetals, I play on PS4, so right clicking means nothing to me.
    Post edited by spidey51363 on
  • Options
    I play on the PS4. I am trying to train a new bridge officer and this is the screen I have. Everytime I click on PS4 and then click Forums, it takes me back to PC. From what I can see on the screen there is no way to access their skills so I can access training them.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    Threads merged. Please don't spam the forum with multiple threads on the same subject. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Westmetals, this is my screen for the officer I want to promote. Apparently, the photo attachment does not work. However, on the PS4 version, there is NO SKILLS BUTTON FOR THE OFFICER. Still @ a loss on how to train a new bridge officer. Maybe the PC version has this option but not the PS4 version.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Well I just looked up a youtube vid of the PS4 version and it's probably just that he needs to figure out which part of the character menu to click on.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Ok I think I have identified which button it is.:

The picture with the red uniform is the PC UI(one of my boffs).
    The other one is the PS4 UI. If you look closely there's a set of tabs attached to the L2 and R2 triggers you can cycle through with headers named "Gear", "Stats", and "Career".

Gear is the page currently displayed. It's the equipped equipment. Also you choose Boff specs here.

Stats is probably just a listing of boff traits and passive attributes.

Career is what you'd be wanting to look at. That seems equivalent to the tab that is marked "Skills" on PC.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg