test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constitution bridge lack of Boffs

markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
Since someone else complained on the forum I had a look at the Constitution 2267 bridge.

It looks like it has slots for 6 Boffs, but the variables aren't getting loaded. If you look at the NPC names they're called "Template Bridge Officer". This isn't what the game does when it fails to load boffs. If it had tried loading them and failed it'd say something like "science officer".

For comparison on the Eaves bridge, I was able to see all of the Boffs assigned to bridge stations and my away team, with a random "Tactical officer", Science officer" and "engineer officer" tossed in to fill the empty seats. That gives a grand total of 12 NPCs seated on that bridge. Actual boff placement is kinda random but there's 4 each of tac/eng/sci boff seats. One interesting anomaly was that it once pulled T'Met(a tutorial Boff who wasn't in use) to fill a slot when I only had 1 science Boff slotted between my bridge stations and ground team.

Clearing ALL of the stations resulted in it pulling Tarsi and Skavrin(Tutorial boffs), and filling the other 10 slots with randoms.

So it's not an issue with the crew, but the map not loading them.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
My character Tsin'xing
Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg

Comments

• enterprise#7194 enterprise Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Yes. The problem is only there for 23rd Century Starfleet Captains (no matter whether in the tutorial or already migrated to the 25th century) and specific to the Constitution 2267 Bridge. The Template Bridge Officers are all labelled "Template Bridge Officer".

For regular Starfleet Captains and Discovery Starfleet Captains, the placeholder BOFF NPCs are correctly labelled Science, Tactical, Engineering (but the placeholders don't have TOS Uniforms, they are the same NPCs as on other bridges) and are replaced by your own BOFFs properly.
    Post edited by enterprise#7194 on
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    hmm... just had a Romulan use the 2267 bridge, 'cause we can do that now. Got Satra, Tovan Khev, Veril, Hiven, 6 of 9(Reman Tac Borg), and Isha(random Fed Alien, coincidently dressed in a TOS Federation uniform)

Which is weird since Satra isn't assigned to either my bridge crew OR away team. But she's a Tutorial boff.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • enterprise#7194 enterprise Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Tutorial BOFFs often tend to smuggle their way on bridges even if not selected. It happens on other bridges like the Galaxy Class one, too.
    I THINK it has to do with the game picking boffs based on the order you acquired them. One thing someone noted a while back is that certain dialog prompts seem to automatically pick the first tactical bridge officer you acquired, and ignore seating entirely. Thus the Boff database does seem to be internally organized based on acquisition order, even if the game doesn't normally display them that way.

So in my example where I had NO boffs seated in space or ground, It basically picked the first two boffs in Fanlaf-du's boff list.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    I also have this issue on my main character who happens to be a 25th century fed toon. No matter what ship I've loaded the tos connie bridge on most of the time recently almost no boffs or no boffs at all will show up on the bridge. Only really happens to me with the tos connie bridge.
    The Crossfield Bridge seems to do this now for 2409 Starfleet officers. The NPCs have names like "Tactical Officer" and are generic crew in Discovery uniforms. Well most of them. 2 of the department head NPCs are in generic Odyssey uniforms, and there's ONE boff as the generic department head contact.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Just tried the 2267 bridge on the same 2409 character and it worked perfectly.

Temple on the same character, I see 9 Boffs and 2 generic NPCs.

Star Explorer... 9 Boffs, 3 generic Side note: the lighting is WTF level...

Survey: 8 boffs

Future: 6 boffs

Origin: 6 boffs

Hunh, just noticed that it keeps using my 0718 boff even though I don't have him on space or ground duty. I do have him set as my science department head though.

Key: 6 boffs

Triumph: 8 Boffs 1 generic

Gamma: 6 boffs

So it's certain bridges combined with certain factions.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing