test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Think they'll offer Endeavor RESPEC - seems they do...

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
I started to think about that yesterday, and wondered if they'd ever offer them up. Then today doing my first endeavor, the Green challenge of defeat 5 Borg Ship's, I in fact managed to earn a Endeavor Reroll token. :)

It seems they used 'mostly' to change the Green, Yellow, or Red Challenges you offered. It is not in fact for the skills you've possibly chosen, but perhaps in time you'll be able to earn or max them all?

Don't quite know, it's still fairly new. While I did some endeavor's yesterday, today is the first day I've really had chance to explore it. Still I'm quite enjoying this new system and hope many others are as well...
0zxlclk.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Why would someone need a re-spec? Isn't the endgame of personal endeavors the ability to max out all of the choices?
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    No, for the same reason they don't offer the ability to respect your specializations, there's no point in it. With specializations like Intel, Pilot, Command, and so on, if you play enough you will eventually unlock all of the specialization abilities, meaning every single spec is filled out. The same thing is true with the endeavor perk points, eventually if you play enough and keep up with your endeavors, you will eventually fill everything out. With that in mind that it's intended for you to have everything maxed anyways, there's no point in a respec.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    OK - I started to think about that, just after I posted it.

Still it was nice to see they allow us to earn REROLL for the challenges offered. :)
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Seeing how you don't really get a free choice of your endeavor perk*, a re-roll of that mechanic would not really yield much result. The real endpoint of this is to fill them all.

*If we did get totally free choice, 'everyone' would just choose CritD till that was filled up and DPS would be even more insane than it is now. :D
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Another bucket to fill. Is there a decoder ring to determine what all those icons mean in the Endeavor Panel?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Mine didn't. It just had the icon and a 'tick count' bar next to the icon that extends to the %.

Discovery Character. I will have to see what it looks like on a regular Character.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Mine didn't. It just had the icon and a 'tick count' bar next to the icon that extends to the %.

Discovery Character. I will have to see what it looks like on a regular Character.

Then the box is not wide enough.

Drag the right border of the box, you're not seeing the entire display.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > Try opening and closing the panel again, or switching between the perks and endeavor tabs to see if that kicks it in, because they are there normally.

Going from Perks Tab to Endeavor Tab did it. On first open after logging in, it is just the 'Tick Bar' and I always have to switch. But once done for a Session it will always display correctly.

> @seaofsorrows said:
    > Then the box is not wide enough.
    Drag the right border of the box, you're not seeing the entire display.

It was at maximum width to begin with and the 'Tick Bar' was a few inches wide. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    The only thing I found unusual is the endeavor menu or minibar disappears if you complete everything till the next day.

I know they reportedly 'fixed' that with 1-2 days of launch, just got to find out where they have hidden it. :)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    The down arrow at bottom right of the mini-map has an option to view your Endeavour perk status.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yeah I noticed they added it there pretty quickly after it was live. I go to my bridge to use my account bank and it's the same drop down menu. Oh hey! a new button!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I was a bit surprised the first time the Endeavor UI disappeared after they were all done, if only because I was used to the thing forever lingering on screen uselessly before. Easy to find the function in the menu, anyway.

I would like to see the UI remain open after completion iff you have perk points to spend, as a reminder. Otherwise, getting it out of the way is entirely appropriate.
This discussion has been closed.