test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Defera zone help...

djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
Ok, I haven't visited the Defera combat zone since I first started playing 5 years ago. But thought I'd check it out due to the endeavor system.
What is a "ranked" mission? I tried "blowback", and got Omega marks, which is fine, but didn't get my endeavor credit. What mission do I need to complete?
C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
-Captain James T. Kirk

Comments

• themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    djf021 wrote: »
    Ok, I haven't visited the Defera combat zone since I first started playing 5 years ago. But thought I'd check it out due to the endeavor system.
    What is a "ranked" mission? I tried "blowback", and got Omega marks, which is fine, but didn't get my endeavor credit. What mission do I need to complete?

I assume it's one of the Easy, Medium, or Hard missions.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Yes, when you beam down to thee invasion zone there are 3 (or 4) NPCs that give missions. When you talk to them the missions are listed as Easy, Medium and Hard. Just pick the one that tickles your fancy and go for it.

Just a note, unlike other missions where you are in your own instance, unfortunately all of them are in an open zone so you will likely be "competing" with a number of other players to try and achieve the objectives. I picked an easy from each of them. Went for the upgrading turret software one and found at least 12 other people doing that one, went for the one where you deploy turrets and then kill borg, same thing, went over to the stop the coolant release one and there were only 4 of us in there so i did that one and then dropped the other 2.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    Need to team up for defera hards? (which are really quite easy even below level 50)

Enter into chat /channel_join FEDdefera or /channel_join KDFdefera for quick teaming.

240 fleet marks, plus xp, dil, omega marks and BNP's per run of the 4 hard mission (Temple, Probe, Power Plant, and City) repeatable every 20 hours. Need a team of 3 minimum, takes 20 minutes. Best deal in town. Also counts as a ranked mission, whatever ranked means... :smile:

Kill borg, have fun.
  • niuchacz#7208 niuchacz Member Posts: 13 New User
    I'm asking in this thread, since I still have no ability to create my own.
    I noticed that BORG in Defera ground may not adapt themself for cold and psionic damage, is it true?
    I use all the epic kit modules from recent Q event, and while I'm not 100% sure, I think I never saw this "Adapted" over the Borg's heads.
    I noticed that BORG in Defera ground may not adapt themself for cold and psionic damage, is it true?
    I use all the epic kit modules from recent Q event, and while I'm not 100% sure, I think I never saw this "Adapted" over the Borg's heads.
    Borg Adaptation usually only involves energy weapons. For a list of things they can adapt to see the link. Relatively common items they can't adapt to: rifle butt, melee, TR-116B, shotgun, most science ground powers. So any physical, kinetic, or environmental damage is good. Psoinic is a maybe but I tried out the 3 new winter kit modules versus the Borg on Defera and couldn't get them to adapt on my science Reman, but nor did they seem to do much in the way of damage either. The Reman ground trait "mind drain" seemed to be more effective than any of the new kit winter kit mods, and more traditional kit modules seemed superior in this case at least.

(sorry for the necro)
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Something i've seen a few newbies wasting time on is killing the Borg that are attacking the temple/dig area to try to get endeavors done. Until you start that mission specifically many of the Borg there are totally immune to damage other than that done by the NPCs.
    So don't waste time in that area unless you have the mission for that area active.
    SulMatuul.png
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    The Sword from the Nukara rep absorbs energy when you use it and adds that to the damage it does, hit a bunch of borg with exothermic and start hitting them with the sword and the borg will very quickly adapt to the exothermic, and the same goes for every other environmental kit power, not sure about psionic though.
    bejaymac wrote: »
    The Sword from the Nukara rep absorbs energy when you use it and adds that to the damage it does, hit a bunch of borg with exothermic and start hitting them with the sword and the borg will very quickly adapt to the exothermic, and the same goes for every other environmental kit power, not sure about psionic though.
    The adaptation for endo/exo and other science or environmental kit powers is a false flag that seems to happen reasonable often. Sometimes it appears to be based upon your primary weapon needing remodulating, other times it's not as clear. The borg take damage and die though so in the end the final result is met.

Believe I've seen an adapted flag and floaters on a toon that was equipped with a TR-116B and a shotgun as well. Go figure.

I do like the Shattering Harmonics Sword. As it absorbs energy if fired upon to buff its attacks am wondering if the sword could be the issue?

The borg don't seem to adapt to the new psionic kit modules (as posted above) but then my testing only included perhaps a dozen applications of each kit mod and not always on the same borg... perhaps the threshold is higher?
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    by far the best weapon to use against the borg are Lek's throwing knives.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    Borg Adaptation usually only involves energy weapons. For a list of things they can adapt to see the link. Relatively common items they can't adapt to: rifle butt, melee, TR-116B, shotgun, most science ground powers. So any physical, kinetic, or environmental damage is good. Psoinic is a maybe but I tried out the 3 new winter kit modules versus the Borg on Defera and couldn't get them to adapt on my science Reman, but nor did they seem to do much in the way of damage either. The Reman ground trait "mind drain" seemed to be more effective than any of the new kit winter kit mods, and more traditional kit modules seemed superior in this case at least.
    Any melee attack that does non-physical damage can be adapted to. This includes the energized part of the Tholian swords. BUT doing both physical and plasma results inan adaptation to plasma only and the physical part is unaffected. It's part of why the Omega rep trait adds physical(IIRC) to your energy attacks. The main attack still gets adapted to, BUT the bonus damage from the trait doesn't.

As for the new Psi modules, one is a scatter shot and weak damage vs single targets. It's good if you want to hit a bunch of targets, but only then really. One of them is a potent single target debuff, but it's best saved for big enemies as it only works on one at a time and might force the smaller enemies to hit the big one. My favorite one creates a DoT patch that clings to an enemy and damages any other enemies near him. It's damage is a bit weak, and it's actual primary function is reducing enemy DPS.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I just went over by the turrets and started shooting Borg till my Endeavor filled up. Didn't bother with a mission.

When I need to kill Tholians, I go to Nukara and take the two easy missions.

When I need to do X-amount of dmg on ground, I equip said weapons and go to Nimbus and do the three missions there and finish it out with killing scorpions.

For Undine ships, Dyson Sphere space battlezone

For Tholian ships? Into the Web DSE in the Alpha Quadrant

For Terran ships? Same, do the DSE that they're in.

Borg ships? Assimilate the Barbarians.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D