test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tips and Tricks Guide for: Borg Disconnected

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
edited April 2019 in Player Guides
Welcome Captains!

This is the Star Trek Online Tips and Tricks Guide for: Borg Disconnected

The purpose of this thread series is to provide a central repository for seeking and offering advice, tactics, builds, etc., for Task Force Operations, Events, and missions in-game.

Have a question? Have advice? Know of an effective build? Best tactics to get the optionals?

Share your experiences here!

The idea is to help players be more successful and have a more positive experience when playing these missions.

Please adhere to the Community Rules & Policies, as well as, the Frequently Created Threads rules when posting in this thread.

Thank you for your participation in making the Star Trek Online Forum Community a helpful and positive experience for all players. Engage!
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    Reserved for future use.
    GrWzQke.png
    Reserved for future use.
    GrWzQke.png
    Reserved for future use.
    GrWzQke.png
  • niuchacz#7208 niuchacz Member Posts: 13 New User
    If someone could share advice: yesterday I was trying to handle alone a single spot but was destroyed by Borg drones. I could not fight the drones and free the ones that are going to be freed, so eventually they were turning against me and I was outnumbered. Then I thought I'll join other player in "his" spot. I was not dying there and I was thinking we are helping each other. I was wrong, because the player started to complain for me and another player why did we run from our spots and joined him. I left mine because I could not handle it alone. He didn't listen. I don't understand what I did wrong. Soon after he started to complain I got the "server disconnect" which after 120 seconds kicked me to loading screen. Once i returned I found myself out of the operation and had to queue again. But the question is, how to survive (at normal difficulty), when a random team mate wants you to keep your spot alone and don't want to fight with you or suport you?
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    One good thing to consider for this queue is Ablative Plating, it's a ship trait from the Pathfinder, or available in a box I believe for KDF allied folks. It doesn't last long, but it can often last the one or two seconds that will let you free a ship before taking damage again. Note that you need a shield heal or science team for this to work.​​
  • sci321sci321 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    I've found that one of the best strategies for after the Undine and Voth show up is to just refrain from drawing aggro and, while they focus on blowing each other up, focus on freeing the disconnected Borg.

Before that, I'd say save DOT-cleansing abilities like Hazard Emitters or Causal Reversion for when the disconnected ships are the only ones left.
  • sannia1sannia1 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    The east zone gets an extra enemy cube that spawns in, so if you're doing a 2/2/1 split, avoid the east zone being the 1.

If you leave one of the initial probes alive and sort of lure it away while rescuing disconnected ships around it, enemies won't spawn in and you only need to worry about tanking fire from that one probe until the Undine show up.

To reiterate sci321's comment, a little bit of pacifism goes a *long* way. The easiest way to win is to let them fight each other. If you're in a warbird and have a battle cloak, abuse it.

Disrupting the undine rifts can be done while taking fire.

Rescuing the disconnected ships will be interrupted if you get hit. However, if you use an ability which gives you temporary hitpoints like a singularity core's Quantum Absorption, you can take *a few* hits without getting interrupted.
  • pasteur#1910 pasteur Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Hate the mechanics in this TFO. If something so much as farts in your direction it interrupts the virus upload to save the cooperative. That dot the Interceptors use, which does next to no damage cools down faster than players healing, making high DPS the only way to get past it solo.