test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Battle of the Binary Stars (Elite) - Players are invisible.

seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
Attempted to do a run of the new Elite version of Battle of the Binary Stars earlier today.

Both myself and another member of my team were completely invisible. We could fly around, use our powers, activate our weapons, but we could not see our ships. The enemy had no problem seeing me, but I couldn't see myself.

We were both in different types of ships. He was in a Jem Hadar Vanguard Warship and I was in a 23c Federation Dreadnought (Atlas.)

This made the mission extremely difficult. It's hard playing a 'front facing' build when you have no idea what direction you're facing.

I do not know if this effects the Advanced version as well.
Insert witty signature line here.

Comments

• unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I had it on Advanced, but I couldn't see my weapons firing or even hitting a target at all. Plus, I'm fairly certain none of my powers were activating short of the occasional passive seeming to pop up in the icons.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    My Flambard had a PERFECT cloak the entire engagement! Didn't stop me from getting shot at but did stop me from seeing weapons fire and effects, only damage. My ship was barely manueverable and I'm honestly surprised we finished as well as my team did. Please fix.
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I had it on Advanced, but I couldn't see my weapons firing or even hitting a target at all. Plus, I'm fairly certain none of my powers were activating short of the occasional passive seeming to pop up in the icons.

Thanks for the info, I was wondering if it was only the Elite Version.

Hopefully this gets looked at soon.. I was happy to see a new Elite Map added, I would like to be able to actually play it. :smiley:
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User

Thanks for the info, I was wondering if it was only the Elite Version.

Hopefully this gets looked at soon.. I was happy to see a new Elite Map added, I would like to be able to actually play it. :smiley:

I just attempted it one Normal mode, and the same thing happened. I had my weapons UI on and saw that the weapons appeared to be firing there. It was fairly impossible to tell whether or not they were actually doing anything to the targets because I had no visual representation and couldn't tell if any of the damage was coming from me or the others on the team.

I seemed to be able to see the others on my team, but I have no idea whether or not any of them were experiencing the same problem because no one mentioned anything. (I mentioned my problem in chat, but no one responded.)
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • nuqinuqi Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Same here. Invisible. Different characters and different ships. Checked on both normal and advanced. All invisible. Just to illustrate how irritating this is, the remainder of this comment is also invisible...
    0EaMZUq.jpg
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2019
    Yup it both advanced & elite versions. Typically happens for almost ALL (Klingons) - seems to be a lot more rare or less frequent on FED/ROM's - still I've heard it reported to happen to players of all Factions. My only guess it's more likely related to the ship your flying so people should probably REPORT the ships they are in to help DEVs maybe identify the cause of event.

My Klingon's both fly the TAC Miracle Worker and regularly have this issue. Yet my FED's & ROM's in the same ship do not? I first reported this late Jan within 2 days of the new Queue being available... ...right now I don't like even to queue for Random ADC TFO's on my Klingon fearing I may get Binary Stars.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1246685/binary-stars-kdf-klingons-have-invisble-ships
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, it's not even listed as a known issue.. very strange since this seems like it would be something they would want to fix.

Shame, the Elite version looks like fun but I am not going to keep trying it if I can't even see my own ship.