test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When Will This 9th Anniversary End? (And will I reach 1,000 Anniversary Voucher with only 40/day?

w00qw00q Member Posts: 121 Arc User
Just curious, When Will This 9th Anniversary End? (And will I reach 1,000 Anniversary Voucher with only 40/day?

I'm concerned that I may not reach 1,000 Vouchers if I'm to collect this 40/day?

(I do not plan to do the "Para Pecum", and I do not plan to do the "Illusion of Communication").
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• imperium#7101 imperium Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    You won't be able to finish and have enough vouchers. The event last for 20 days and only 40 vouchers a day comes to 800 vouchers.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Regardless of your disdain for Discovery, do those missions get your 200 vouchers apiece from this missions and then do the Omega Stabilization game the rest of those days. Then, you can avoid Discovery as much as you want after that. Still think you are not being reasonable but that is for another post. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Perhaps they have lobi boxes you can use to (for a small fortune) get the 200 extra tokens? I haven't checked.

Not playing the episodes even though they are well-written, fun and feature some very nice art is your choice of course. It's a level of fanaticism that No True Scotsman would disagree with.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Yeah, the Anniversary events (if I'm recalling correctly) really count on you doing the associated missions in order to get enough tickets.

(This year's a bit different in having two missions @ 200 each, rather than one mission for 400.)
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    muhahahah and ha, you will discover the discovery ,resistance is lobi
  • w00qw00q Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Folks, there are STO-poor players out there still struggling with White/Green MK XII items for both space and ground!

My main Fed character simply could not get past the first (big) mob of space enemies in "Para Pecum".

My only other solution was to switch that faction which start with all Purple items for both space/ground.

STO is no longer playable in space after Character Level had been lifted to Level 65, for STO-poor players out there still struggling with White/Green MK XII items for both space and ground!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    w00q wrote: »
    Just curious, When Will This 9th Anniversary End? (And will I reach 1,000 Anniversary Voucher with only 40/day?

I'm concerned that I may not reach 1,000 Vouchers if I'm to collect this 40/day?

(I do not plan to do the "Para Pecum", and I do not plan to do the "Illusion of Communication").

It runs till February 21 so 27 or 28 times 40 from today forward. It can be done with one or two days to spare, but you give yourself a lot of breathing room if you do the missions.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    Folks, there are STO-poor players out there still struggling with White/Green MK XII items for both space and ground!

My main Fed character simply could not get past the first (big) mob of space enemies in "Para Pecum".

My only other solution was to switch that faction which start with all Purple items for both space/ground.

STO is no longer playable in space after Character Level had been lifted to Level 65, for STO-poor players out there still struggling with White/Green MK XII items for both space and ground!

team up with a low level toon on a sec. acc. ,match to the low level toon ,and you play now with good gear and ship at levl 10 ,the low level toon don't need to be in the mission !!

about sto poornes ,buy low sell high infinity boxes ,buy low level ,weapons level them with phoenix papers ...
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User

How does one end up with a bunch of white/green gear? Most missions seem to reward blue or purple, a lot of my Engineering 'craft item' DOFF missions give blue or purple, reputation hourly boxes give blue or purple...

(seriously, if you need weapons, find the rep that drops ones of the correct energy type, run Borg RAs this weekend to get marks, and run hourly rep projects til you have what you need.)

And there's Omega upgrade kits to be farmed now (takes no combat, just time). Getting 40k dil together for the next time they do Phoenix boxes is another good way to get upgrades. Use them during an upgrade weekend for max efficiency. Etc, etc.

tl;dr - I have no idea how someone ends up at lv65 with white & green gear. The stuff you did from lv50-65 should have showered you in blue & purple.

If you look at episode rewards there are many rare and VR rewards, some with extra set powers.

Mark II VR gear is easy to craft with common white mats, or you can get them cheap from friends, your fleet, or the Exchange. Level it up with Phoenix or Omega or crafted/bought Superior tech upgrades and you'll have VR-to-elite gear cheap.

Reputation gear can be earned by doing TFOs.

Fleet gear can be earned by contributing dil and free white doffs from the recruitment missions.

Dil, credits, and a few upgrade tokens can be earned through Admiralty. More credits can be earned through endeavors.

"STO-poor" players are only in green gear if they are ignoring the many ways to get better gear for free.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Just do the missions, I'm not exactly fond of discovery but I'm not gonna let that affect me from enjoying the game.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Not playing the episodes even though they are well-written, fun and feature some very nice art is your choice of course. It's a level of fanaticism that No True Scotsman would disagree with.

Generally speaking...the story in STO are okay. Not great...but not terrible either. These two missions on the other hand...seriously...WTF?!? We KNOW terrans are evil SoB and when they are being attacked by klingons, we go and RESCUE them? When like a couple episodes ago we were killing them by thousands? What, we get squimish because they are past terrans? Any sane capatain in universe would not just go and save the terran ship. Hell, we should be helping the klingon...who are ALLIES in our timeline to kill those terran scum. They could have at least given us a mcguffin as to why we would help killy other than she is a fan favorite character. And in the second one, we had to run away to not get destroyed at the end of the first mission and yet we can waltz right up at the start of the second for no god damn reason given?!? I mean seriously...WTF? And captain killy suddenly gets lazy about killing? Really?!? Why were the vulcan team left alive? No really. I'm sorry...but the stupidity of essteedee seems to have infected STO. This game in on rails...your choices don't matter...so when the choices is this completely bonkers idiotic...yeah...no. If this is what we can expect from future essteedee episodes...count me out. And yet more steps to make me play this game even less.

I played them as a Discovery captain who was Tilly's classmate so the story made sense.
    It also makes sense for other Federation captains since to be a good Feddie means when someone asks for asylum you protect them, even if it's a murderous psychopath.

I agree for KDF, Romulans and Dominion there needed to be something more, like promising to turn over some interesting technology.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2019

@w00q

The game has always had "Tour the Galaxy" from Jam Yim an NPC at ESD. Thought you can HAIL him far better once your out of the Sol System in Sector Space. Cause the timer starts as soon as you HAIL and ACCEPT. The NPC for Klingon's may be different depending on your Faction, but the name is the same and can be done by every one of your character's every 20 hours. So if your willing to take 15 minutes to earn between 250,000 - 700,000+ Energy Credit's depending on how FAST your Warp Travel is give it a shot...

If you don't have Omega / Borg Impulse from REP then consider getting the Fleet Impulse Engines from your Starbase.

"Tour the Galaxy" is "Available" in the HAIL options with a very similar name. o:)

And as someone stated the REPUTATION project's drop some very nice gear as well, or you can buy more specific ones with the BUFFs you want from the reputation store with dilithium.

----

Keeping this post on subject however. I don't think the Author of this thread realizes you get 440 voucher's on the very first day and always have for Anniversary since it run's shorter. This time it's 200 each for two missions and then another 40 for Omega Stabilization each day. I think today is the 3rd Day and most should be well over 500+...
    0zxlclk.png
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Nevermind doing the missions. A proper Disco-hater fanatic wouldn't take the anniversary ship if it came giftwrapped on their doorstep, since it's from Discovery. :D
  • fun4ever#6757 fun4ever Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    OP is asking/need help right now, and ppl give advise to GRIND gear ... ???

Only way to easy play story missions with 65 character and trash gear is to use some Carrier + science "magic".
    I was using JHV Carrier on my MK XI KDF (for those 2 missions) and pets done all job for me.

Try free (did you get it on giveaway?) Caitian carrier + some GW and other sci magic...
    And if you dont want to bother with gear at all (in long term) - get JHV Carrier (all my 65 lvl, mk xi geared toons use it, and dont have any problem with story missions at all).

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

Generally speaking...the story in STO are okay. Not great...but not terrible either. These two missions on the other hand...seriously...WTF?!? We KNOW terrans are evil SoB and when they are being attacked by klingons, we go and RESCUE them? When like a couple episodes ago we were killing them by thousands? What, we get squimish because they are past terrans? Any sane capatain in universe would not just go and save the terran ship. Hell, we should be helping the klingon...who are ALLIES in our timeline to kill those terran scum. They could have at least given us a mcguffin as to why we would help killy other than she is a fan favorite character. And in the second one, we had to run away to not get destroyed at the end of the first mission and yet we can waltz right up at the start of the second for no god damn reason given?!? I mean seriously...WTF? And captain killy suddenly gets lazy about killing? Really?!? Why were the vulcan team left alive? No really. I'm sorry...but the stupidity of essteedee seems to have infected STO. This game in on rails...your choices don't matter...so when the choices is this completely bonkers idiotic...yeah...no. If this is what we can expect from future essteedee episodes...count me out. And yet more steps to make me play this game even less.
    The mirror Discovery's final resting place is a part of history that our temporally responsible characters must preserve. Much like what happened to the Enterprise-C, we don't save the mirror Discovery, we just send it to be destroyed where history says it was destroyed.

The "running away" part I saw as just a cheap excuse to leave the map to claim reward and pick up the other mission.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,970 Community Moderator
    OP is asking/need help right now, and ppl give advise to GRIND gear ... ???

Its coming from the OP saying that he's only running white/green gear, when realistically by that point you'd already be running at least purple, with maybe some blue mixed in, because of mission rewards and rep.

I mean... how can a lv 65 player be running white/green gear when a majority of the story missions offer rewards in the blue/purple range?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User

Can you tell us what ship you're flying and exactly what weapons you're using?
    With the difficulty level ingame white or green gear should be sufficient for normal difficulty (check in your journal (J) that your at normal difficulty).

It is probably something easy like the wrong power level settings or wrong boff powers.

If you have this ship, then you can use these weapons as starters.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/TOS_Constitution_Class_Cruiser

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Twin_Phaser_Beam_Array
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User

Team up with a friend or fleetmate, that does not mind playing the new Star Trek content....and can handle missions on their own. They can finish the mission, while you can collect completion rewards.

That is how I got my Fed character up to Level 15 (or whatever it was) so I could "unlock" Klingon faction, way back in the day. Yeah, I SOOOOOOO wanted to play as a Klingon....not Starfleet.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    The mirror Discovery's final resting place is a part of history that our temporally responsible characters must preserve. Much like what happened to the Enterprise-C, we don't save the mirror Discovery, we just send it to be destroyed where history says it was destroyed.
    The "running away" part I saw as just a cheap excuse to leave the map to claim reward and pick up the other mission.
    After playing both back to back, the total length is more than I would expect for a story mission. I think it was originally scripted as one mission, but the play length was too long.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2019

With all do respect, sounds like you have just accepted defeat.

Should you change your mind, and want to post your build, we can help you drastically improve it. What you're saying is completely untrue, and you can get plenty of Purple or better items for free from mission rewards and reputation.

STO still has one of (if not the) best free2play model going. You can easily get much better then what you're using without spending money.
    Post edited by seaofsorrows on
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    OP:

Refusing to play the episodes, where a total of 400 vouchers is grant, is your choice to handicap yourself.
    I can't fix the results of your decisions, only you can do that.

If the in-game calendar is to be believed (or used, which you couldn't be bothered to do by the sound of the question), the anniversary event lasts 29 days. Only math can tell you if can earn 1,000 vouchers in 29 days at 40 vouchers per day.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User

There are several youtube channels that do videos using only mission reward equipment -MK XII purple gear. MK XII purple is more than enough to run any and all of the episode missions on Normal difficulty or even ADV (I keep one alt that only runs a budget build for space and ground, including boff gear and trainer-only training manuals). (Quantum Phase, Quantum Catalyst, and Trilithium gear all come from relatively easy missions).

Someone could easily do the Omega dailies and one mission a day (repeating them as necessary to complete sets) and have plenty of time at the end to run the two new missions with that gear and not have a problem.

With Omega running right now, a person could also grind for upgrades and apply them to gear to get the gear to higher mark levels if necessary to finish the Disco voucher missions.

You wouldn't even need to spend EC or dil.

One hour a day. I'm not sure why this would be such a problem if someone really wanted the ship.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

Umm...yeah no. My AoY toon runs basically all common gear and can still nuke normal just fine. Yeah it is a bit more of a challenge now to be sure...but the game is STILL easy as all hell. If there is a problem...it's YOU. Now, you can post what you use and and we can give you advice on how to fix it...or complain and continue to fail at this stupidly easy game. Using the free T5 ship at level 61, I can make a ship that will nuke normal for like a couple hundred EC...depending on the exact ship of course (aka you want something tact heavy). But even with a bad ship choice, a few mil should be enough for you to get a decent A2B boat...and most of that cost is gonna be the tech doff if you have to buy them.
    Realistically you can beat this mission on normal with any T5 ship in the game... at least if you use a build that exploits the strengths of the ship.

And yes, I DO know what it's like to play a story mission in a ship with junk gear. I recently went and changed ships at the shipyard and forgot to equip the gear from my old ship, then went and did a story mission... At level 65 having white10 gear on your ship makes normal about as challenging as elite. Still doable.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rattler2 wrote: »
    [
    I mean... how can a lv 65 player be running white/green gear when a majority of the story missions offer rewards in the blue/purple range?

Off topic answer:

#1 Easy, boff and admiral your way to 65. Open a new ship (say from winter, summer), and viola you're decked out in a shiny new T6 ship full of white gear. Crack open a ship and test some content today. Old captains in old gear can creep up there quick from 50/60-65 just doodling away at things

#2 Or more likely play on double XP, with the old journal you'll have barely touched the game and be in greens and lucky to have a console to your name. New journal might fare better

Purposely did the second to test during last 2x XP, game gets horribly out of wack, had to "dig" self out of the hole with stored Rep and event ships.

This discussion has been closed.