test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DIS Enterprise - latest weekly stream, how will we get it?

kellmg96#5851 kellmg96 Member Posts: 858 Arc User
In it - When asked when we may get it, Kael said look at the roadmap for hints and clues - https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11010493-star-trek-online's-2018/2019-roadmap!

Well it shows the Discovery version of the Enterprise on the March time period

Question is, C-Store, Lockbox, or Lobi?

really hope its C-store
honestly wouldnt be fair if Kelvin Dread, Temporal Connie, and this all go the uber expensive or random lockbox drop
I redact NOTHING
bvpbRd1.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Kelvin Timeline Intel Dreadnought is a Lobi Store Ship.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    They've usually kept the store ship main timeline only, mirror and jarjarverse ships are lockbox and lobi.

March would be timing it with a new gamble box, which usually brings another lobi ship offering.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    Oh, the scalpers are probably licking their lips right about now..... >_>;;
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Neither. It's gonna be an R&D pack promotion. Just like the TOS Connie.
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Hoping for Lobi Store at most.

Curiously, the info on the Roadmap has the Personal Endeavors premiering in March as well, but they're already out on PC without a previous mention on the map. Perhaps they're expanding that system with a store or something?
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    In all honesty, I'd wouldn't be surprised if the ST: D Connie isn't added as a skin for the Temporal Light Cruiser.
    Considering the number of skins usable by that ship as is.
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    It's a Constitution Class, there's no way in hell it will be a C-Store ship.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    > @szim said:
    > Neither. It's gonna be an R&D pack promotion. Just like the TOS Connie.

I’ll be deeply surprised if this isn’t 100% correct. There is an outside chance they’ll just add it to the skins avail for the TOS Connie as that would be the easiest path for Cryptic to take.
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    They've usually kept the store ship main timeline only, mirror and jarjarverse ships are lockbox and lobi.

March would be timing it with a new gamble box, which usually brings another lobi ship offering.

Normally yeah but this is Discovery and thats now part of the timeline and to be honest they need more C-Store ships that are STO themed as currently we have 1 T6 ship the other 3 are lockbox ships and 1 is an event ship so might be C-Store ship.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    > @szim said:

I’ll be deeply surprised if this isn’t 100% correct. There is an outside chance they’ll just add it to the skins avail for the TOS Connie as that would be the easiest path for Cryptic to take.

Well that is what they did with the TMP refit skin. Personally I think this is most likely considering that it's the simplest way of adding the ship (which they can market easily) and provides an immediate compromise with those who already own a promo-connie. It's pretty much the most expensive ship in the game and Cryptic isn't likely to try to double dip in the most extreme way I think they possibly can (ie. completely separate promo ship.)

If I were them though I'd release a scaling T1-T4 constitution class which unifies the c-store Exeter and TOS connie into a single ship (with those customization options, console, and weapons) which launches the DSC skin and presents a trial for similar updates to low-tier ships in future. Owning the T1-T4 connie would then unlock the DSC skin on promo T6 connies. (retaining/enabling cross-marketing.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • thelematikerthelematiker Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    kelador wrote: »
    Normally yeah but this is Discovery and thats now part of the timeline and to be honest they need more C-Store ships that are STO

If it goes into C-Store, then either like the Enterprise (T1 or something else) or the Walker (T1-4).
    I mean I do want one, but it would be too much of a slap in the face for all those who have the T6 Connie. Not sure how those people will react if thats gonna be a Store ship. (probably depends if they care about Discovery or not...)
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @szim said:

Well that is what they did with the TMP refit skin. Personally I think this is most likely considering that it's the simplest way of adding the ship (which they can market easily) and provides an immediate compromise with those who already own a promo-connie. It's pretty much the most expensive ship in the game and Cryptic isn't likely to try to double dip in the most extreme way I think they possibly can (ie. completely separate promo ship.)

If I were them though I'd release a scaling T1-T4 constitution class which unifies the c-store Exeter and TOS connie into a single ship (with those customization options, console, and weapons) which launches the DSC skin and presents a trial for similar updates to low-tier ships in future. Owning the T1-T4 connie would then unlock the DSC skin on promo T6 connies. (retaining/enabling cross-marketing.)

That is a fantastic idea!
  • nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    I don't see it coming as a for purchase option, unless they decide to release a T6 version of the Vesper / Excalibur and put out a package like they did with the temporal agent pack.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
    edited January 2019
    kelador wrote: »
    Normally yeah but this is Discovery and thats now part of the timeline and to be honest they need more C-Store ships that are STO

If it goes into C-Store, then either like the Enterprise (T1 or something else) or the Walker (T1-4).
    I mean I do want one, but it would be too much of a slap in the face for all those who have the T6 Connie. Not sure how those people will react if thats gonna be a Store ship. (probably depends if they care about Discovery or not...)

Well speaking as one of those people who lucked out (I needed 10 lobi, got the connie, then I still needed 10 lobi!) I already own both of the c-store connies (Exeter specifically to have more customization options.) With the T1-4 idea I'd be grandfathered into the new ship as it replaces the current T1 and T2 ships which would immediately be invalidated (making use of their console too, might as well and it saves some work.) If they went for a new T1 ship that didn't scale (for some reason, they seem to like the mechanic) then I'd just pick that one up.

My connie cost ONE R&D pack, and thus I'm a part of the group of connie owners who spent the absolute minimum required to get the ship (outside of a contest or giveaway). And I say as one of those people (never mind those who got theirs through the exchange or persistent pack openings) that the additional expense of a T1 ship for a customization skin is trivial.

That is a fantastic idea!

Thanks, I'm considering bugging @ambassadorkael#6946 about it in case they aren't considering it already and this thread flies under their radar.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    As soon as the Wells came out they opened the door to leaching money from the odds of getting a prime timeline canon Starfleet ship. The Conni, Walker, and Crossfield also mean there's every guarantee they'll bleed people dry for a chance at the DSC Conni.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited January 2019
    artan42 wrote: »
    As soon as the Wells came out they opened the door to leaching money from the odds of getting a prime timeline canon Starfleet ship. The Conni, Walker, and Crossfield also mean there's every guarantee they'll bleed people dry for a chance at the DSC Conni.

Well your tone here isn't exactly constructive but here's a point none the less: the TMP connie skin (freely updated) is a much closer analog to the DSC connie skin than a timeship originally deemed inappropriate for general use by the STO population operating in the 25th century (in line with many cross faction ships.) It was only much later with AOY that Cryptic opted to give players more general access to distant future timeships for funsies, though not at the expense of those who originally went for the lock box ships (see. rational dev behavior, finding compromises between business, gameplay, setting, and player interests.) What they paid/won was exclusive to them.

Could they do something else? Sure, but there ain't no guarantees either way.
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    Just IMO, but I think it will be in it's own box (likely promotion) due to the silly size increase it has over the TOS and TMP Connies. Basically the same as the JJprise.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    OP, if you're being honest with yourself, you know it won't be in the c-store. The timing that Kael suggested means that it's almost 100% obvious that it will be a promo ship. Likely either a reskin of the existing connie, or a new addition 2nd connie promo similar to the way the Sheshar has two variants.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Why not a C-store T6, and have it unlock the skin for Temporal owners if they prefer that ship? Dont see why that would be a slap in the face.

Because lock box and R&D pack ship sales pay for a large portion of the budget for STO.

STO does not charge a monthly fee, does not charge an initial fee, does not charge for expansions. Story content is 100% free to play and many players never pay a penny of real-world cash. Making more money off of the "special" ships keeps the servers running and pays the staff.

By the way, you can get the ship with 100% chance of success, no gambling at all. Buy keys for zen, sell keys on the exchange for credits, buy ship from the exchange for credits.

Why not a C-store T6, and have it unlock the skin for Temporal owners if they prefer that ship? Dont see why that would be a slap in the face.
    It's not a slap in the face. It's just a plain stupid idea business wise. They'll make a ton more money off of it as a promo ship. Which is exactly why it'll be a promo ship. Just thank your lucky stars that they never realized this with the Excelsior, Galaxy, Defiant, Intrepid etc.

When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    edited January 2019

Because lock box and R&D pack ship sales pay for a large portion of the budget for STO.

Actually there's an easier answer: STO takes place post TNG and for reasons the constitution class was never (in any serious way) included in the lineup of ships for that time period and after. We've had everything else from the TMP era but not the connie because of stipulations in the production (and all those that followed.) CBS/Cryptic carried that through when making STO. Ergo, no end-game constitution class (T5/T6) up until the promo box allowed for a limited number to enter circulation (as controlled by the low odds of the box) which can be hand-waved away as exceptions to the general rule of the setting (as with every other lock box and promo ship.)

It helps Cryptic to have a ship like the constitution class headlining the promos but it's worth noting that it's not the only ship in the box nor the one that kicked them off. For "why no T5/T6 c-store connie" just point to the name of the game and year it takes place. It's built into Trek.

And for those new to the game, this was a Frequently Created Topic prior to the introduction of the T6 promo connie so we're well beyond beating a dead horse territory here.
    It's not a slap in the face. It's just a plain stupid idea business wise. They'll make a ton more money off of it as a promo ship. Which is exactly why it'll be a promo ship. Just thank your lucky stars that they never realized this with the Excelsior, Galaxy, Defiant, Intrepid etc.

See above also for why all era appropriate hero ships are playable in the C-store, including their T6 refits. The c-store is home to all ships which can be said to be in general circulation for each of the major factions in 2409/2410 (plus those from AOY...which are the oddball exceptions.) It's how STO builds a major part of its setting.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    I'd honestly prefer they add it to the existing Connie variants. The Temporal Connie is already super desirable. Adding the Discovery variant would make it moreso. And if it was added to the T1 Connie as well... potential sales there too.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Cryptic isn't likely to try to double dip in the most extreme way I think they possibly can (ie. completely separate promo ship.)

I'll take that bet.

That is exactly what I think they will do.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Cryptic isn't likely to try to double dip in the most extreme way I think they possibly can (ie. completely separate promo ship.)

I'll take that bet.

Why? I think I know exactly what you're line of reasoning will be but I just want to get it out there so the above can be put into full context.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I simply believe it’s too big of a “cash cow” for them to pass up. This would be one of the most highly prized and desirable ships ever released, you’re nuts if you think they won’t monatize it as much as possible.

They’re not interested in ‘fair,’ they’re interested in the bottom line.
    Insert witty signature line here.

I'll take that bet.

Why? I think I know exactly what you're line of reasoning will be but I just want to get it out there so the above can be put into full context.
    Another constitution variant is just another collectors item to sell to the whales. And it doesn't take anything away from the players that don't yet have the preexisting constitution. They've also done it before with the Jem'Hadar strike ship and recon ship. Also the Elachi Intel and Command dreadnoughts.

For the record, I'm not arguing that they will 100% do this. I just think it's reasonably possible. Say 50/50.
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User

I'll take that bet.

Salazarraze and Seaofsorrows are correct.

The Discovery Connie will arrive one of two ways:

1. AT BEST (Debatably best anyway) it'll be a new skin for the existing R&D Connie.

2.) It'll be like the Sheshar or T6 Bug, a new spec-seat variant of the Temporal Light Cruiser, which will be R&D promo-locked.

Anyone expecting otherwise is fooling themselves. Either start saving your Quatloos now, or prepare to be disappointed in the future. But whatever you do, don't play dumb and TRIBBLE & moan when the inevitable occurs in March.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Regardless of whether it is a Lockbox or R&D Promo Ship, I already own it. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.