test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any word on changes to hair and skin textures?

peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
Hey folks.

With the last patch we got some changes to hair (and I think as mentioned in the blog skin textures).

Troublesome part for me is that the changes don’t look “right” to me (I have all graphic options completely maxed). With “right” I mean subjectively not good even and certainly no improvement.

My Bajoran fem toon looks like she did not wash her hair in weeks while my human main’s skin looks like it never saw any daylight in like ever.

Troublesome part is it does not stop there. Clothing, kit visuals, everything looks different and in some cases even not fitting with one another anymore.

Hence my question:

Do we have any word that changes made so far here are meant for real and will stay that way or has it been hinted somewhere that we can (hopefully) see some further adjusted?

If it’s just me I will learn to live with it but would rather not have to. :/
animated.gif
Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
felisean wrote: »
teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Oh that sounds good @ussvaliant & @spiritborn

I can live with that (for now) and thank you for the reply. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    sarenarteriuesarenarteriue Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    This time they f***ed it up good. Why do they keep making things worse?
    Granted, the old hair (prior to Jan 20) looked a little glossy for my taste, but the current state is downright awful. The same applies to skin textures and colours.
  • Options
    cylus566cylus566 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Supposed to be live now but I have not noticed anything, the white color nodes still look dark gray on white hair on some hair models.

I would like them to just add all hair models in the game to the menu, including npc hair models, the hair menu as diverse as it is could use an upgrade.
  • Options
    cylus566cylus566 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    My captain Picard looks orange like oompa loompa orange lol i had to dial back the skin tome some.
  • Options
    sarenarteriuesarenarteriue Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    The hairstyle "long middle parted" in colour F1 (black) looks like it is mouldy. In general, this colour now looks pretty bad on any hairstyle, but this is the worst IMO. They seemed to have removed the reddish tint of the skin colour somewhat. One of my characters looked like sunburnt with a tanned skin.
This discussion has been closed.