test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to start Para Pacem??( Solved check comments )

mortie011mortie011 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
I am at the planet ( Pahvo) and see no way to start the mission. I also see contact Somat, but have no idea how.
Post edited by mortie011 on

Comments

• mortie011mortie011 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    guess you need to finish the Gama quests to get this…...Be nice if that was in game and not here https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11065843-mirror-of-discovery:-para-pecum
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    Yeah, why bother reading a blog that came out weeks before the event? :smirk:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Putting the new episodes at the end of the list is fine. That is how it had been done in the past, too, so the blog info would not raise any red flags.

thing is, in the past when the new ones came out for anniversary tickets, they were also listed as a featured episode so anyone could get to them without skipping everything before. That is the difference this year.
  • jozen#9312 jozen Member Posts: 102 Arc User

To be totally honest, until the previous post, I had not ever seen that post or an alert for it before. Why bother having an annoying in-game news pop-up if they can't be bothered to utilize it for, say, news? Even the launcher is more informative, just saying, and if you happen to not load it one day, then you'll probably miss the post.

• sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > Yeah, why bother reading a blog that came out weeks before the event? :smirk:

Yeah bother having a game if you have to look outside of the game to know how to start content.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    tagen wrote: »
    Putting the new episodes at the end of the list is fine. That is how it had been done in the past, too, so the blog info would not raise any red flags.

thing is, in the past when the new ones came out for anniversary tickets, they were also listed as a featured episode so anyone could get to them without skipping everything before. That is the difference this year.

Exactly! I optimistically chalked it up to a bug given that, even if it weren't an FE, I had a couple of toons that should have been able to get to them in terms of mission progression, but even that isn't working. Only one character of mine was able to get to them, a DSC who went through the immediately preceding missions before getting to the modern era of the game.

If this is a recent, deliberate change ... it isn't a very good one.
    Well I did the first mission in the Gamma ( Storm Clouds gather) , finished it and was not offered the next one. So still unable to even advance towards Para Pacem, what a mess. Guess its fine for people that play regularly, but good luck if you are casual and are behind a bit. Very Frustrating . Perhaps I am missing something?
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited January 2019

Devil's advocate:
    - Some people don't want spoilers
    - Old-timers expect it will be like it's "always been" where the new episode is available to everyone level 10 and above for at least the first month.

(Shakes fist and yells at cloud) now get off my lawn!

Until this thread I had no idea that only my Discovery captain could play it without finishing the Gamma arc. When that blog came out I noticed it but didn't think I needed to read it before playing. I hate spoilers.
    Ok if you are a returning player and want to get the mission you need to go back into your episode log and skip missions until you are up to date. I had to skip a bunch, I was confused as you can play some of the episode missions , but you wont get progress until you have skipped the previous ones . You may have to go back a long ways if you have not played in some time. Good luck!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Cut the attitude already. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    mortie011 wrote: »
    Well I did the first mission in the Gamma ( Storm Clouds gather) , finished it and was not offered the next one. So still unable to even advance towards Para Pacem, what a mess. Guess its fine for people that play regularly, but good luck if you are casual and are behind a bit. Very Frustrating . Perhaps I am missing something?
    I have had a similar problem on multiple characters. You CAN fix it but you might have to skip through several story arcs to do so. The issue is with those stupid quests that are unskippable and you have to go there to gain access to later missions. This character, who is a ROMULAN, had to replay the introduction to New Romulus mission because apparently the completion status got reset with the journal revamp and that locked out EVERY mission following it in the journal.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    I think its redicious they add in the option to play any of the missions then remove that option.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User

Why bother having a journal revamp if you're going to block peoples access to content, both new and previously run missions?

I'd already had to go back through the mission log to get stuff unlocked again prior to the anniversary and once again the log is a wall of grey.

Also.

Every other FE has had the option to hail the person required and transwarp to the start location with the only requirement being over level 10 and fed/kdf aligned.

Are the missions so bad that the best option is to try and dissuade folk from playing them?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yeah when you look in the new journal the UI element for featured episode is not there.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    The FE's are gone is so far as the trickle fed rewards are no more but there's no reason at all not to promote the new content by having the journal sidebar thing with hail and transwarp options.

We now seem to have a setup where they say well we have a new mission but you'll have to go wading through the log again to find the blockages preventing you from accessing them.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    If people are finding the new mirror missions greyed out. Either play or skip Starbase 1 on AoD this will make the anniversary mission available to you
  • broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    I just started the Iconian arc. I don't want to just skip through all the rest of the missions in the episode log to get to the new ones. Maybe I'll skip the ship this year instead.

This seems a poor design choice, especially considering how smoothly it was handled in previous years. I'm guessing they had issues with the episode log revamp, and skipping missions is the band-aid to get around the problems.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    broadnax wrote: »
    I just started the Iconian arc. I don't want to just skip through all the rest of the missions in the episode log to get to the new ones. Maybe I'll skip the ship this year instead.

Yup....I took a look at a few of my characters, myself. And decided the Ferengi is gonna be the sacrifice to the mission journal chaos.

I am just going to do all the skipping on the Federation character I don't really care about...may as well be made useful for something. Besides being the Storage Bin.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Didn't they add an update like last month that you could start any story arch you want? what happened to it? was to convenient so had to be taken out ?
    GwaoHAD.png
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Didn't they add an update like last month that you could start any story arch you want? what happened to it? was to convenient so had to be taken out ?

They reverted it back when all the new characters got all the hails for every mission at one time when they unlocked their Faction head mission giver. Unforseen calamity!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • maimikadomaimikado Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    As Romulan i was able to start the AoD mission secrets even though it was greyed out so i played it and finished it and cannot continue the next mission so i am forced to skip tons of missions... But wait i cannot skip cardassian mission either.

So I am forced to play atleast 13 missions to get the anniversary tokens and that is only if there are not more missions i cannot skip, or can i skip the gamma episodes when i eventualy get there? This whole thing is a train wreck, was looking forward to this aniversary event but now I am discouraged to play.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They stated on Twitter that the fact you cannot play them directly was not intentional and a fix would be forthcoming.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • maimikadomaimikado Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    They stated on Twitter that the fact you cannot play them directly was not intentional and a fix would be forthcoming.

Oh good I don't do twitter so thanks for the info hopefully it will fix soon. I like playing the missions slowly reading/listening to the stories so i'm not keen on trying to rush through them.
  • broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User

Thank you for the update. This is good to know.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

That seems about right. Funny to have a panel on the hated landing Page that says Access Episodes that takes you to the category in the Journal, but have no options to do anything when you're there.
    maimikado wrote: »
    As Romulan i was able to start the AoD mission secrets even though it was greyed out so i played it and finished it and cannot continue the next mission so i am forced to skip tons of missions... But wait i cannot skip cardassian mission either.

So I am forced to play atleast 13 missions to get the anniversary tokens and that is only if there are not more missions i cannot skip, or can i skip the gamma episodes when i eventualy get there? This whole thing is a train wreck, was looking forward to this aniversary event but now I am discouraged to play.

Romulans get the worst of it. More missions that can't be skipped, and more among those that also require combat, rather than a brief talk with someone. They also at least need to choose their ally first. The only things that you must do on one after finishing up anything that can't be skipped in their unique arcs is the introductory mission for the Cardassian arc, the Borg arc, the New Romulus arc and the Delta arc, plus the second and third missions in the Solanae arc and Kobali Front in the Delta arc. Out of those, only the third mission in the Solanae arc has any combat.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • jtfrost1jtfrost1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    mortie011 wrote: »
    guess you need to finish the Gama quests to get this…...Be nice if that was in game and not here https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11065843-mirror-of-discovery:-para-pecum

And Vorgon Conclusion in Yeterdays War
  • knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    jozen#9312 wrote: »

To be totally honest, until the previous post, I had not ever seen that post or an alert for it before. Why bother having an annoying in-game news pop-up if they can't be bothered to utilize it for, say, news? Even the launcher is more informative, just saying, and if you happen to not load it one day, then you'll probably miss the post.

Exactly. People can't be expected to collect all Info they need in Blogs, Forums, Bookface, Twitter and whatever. If i play a game i expect all important info in-game. Especially when there are tons of info-screens and nag-pages full of outdate info.
    Hmm, now what i am doing in the forum, though? ;)
    We want to keep the foundry.
    Only viable option for me was to just run it on my disco toons ASAP and then have no transwarps or other travel options open for the daily.

They had a system in place for the easy access to new content so why they didn't simply make use of that is anyones guess.

And honestly by the time I figured out a solution I struggled to get engaged with the new episodes. Zero xp from kills and zero loot combined with writing that is best described as a product of the times we live in and the awful accents from STO's overused voice actress just made me glad that I could skip the cutscenes.
This discussion has been closed.