test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Welcome to the Mirror of Discovery

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
It's time to face off against the infamous Captain "Killy," as Mary Wiseman portrays her Mirror Universe counterpart for the first time anywhere. Engage in personal endeavors, unlock a Vulcan T'Pau Scout ship, get access to Terran Empire tech and more! Mirror of Discovery is now Live on PC.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11055643

Comments

• redmanvredmanv Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm unable to start mirror of discovery, at episodes tab, it is greyed out, only says "Contact: Somat".. How do i start it?
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Having just watched the Trailer I hope that attitude from Captain Killy has made it into the game, I love it. Also Discovery Klingon skins, so does that mean we can use them on player toons soon?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    There is problem - the Mirror of Discovery is not unlocked - it "sits" at the end of all other episodes - I needed to skip bunch of episodes to activate it (most of the Yesterday war, whole Gamma Quadrant, and Age of Discovery, some others too). Lucky me, there were not any unskippable episodes for me...
    So, I need to skip all the episodes to be able to play those? The ship ain't that pretty for me to TRIBBLE up the episodes order, no thanks, you can keep it.
    edited January 2019
    Darn it - I just fall flat on my Jem'Hadar - I did the last episode of Gamma Quadrant, but the first episode of the arc is not skippable (at least for that Jem'Hadar), need to look at my other toons
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    FYI the image is broken for the update news article on the main page
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
  • worgausworgaus Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    It's time to face off against the infamous Captain "Killy," as Mary Wiseman portrays her Mirror Universe counterpart for the first time anywhere. Engage in personal endeavors, unlock a Vulcan T'Pau Scout ship, get access to Terran Empire tech and more! Mirror of Discovery is now Live on PC.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11055643

Was it intentional for only high level characters to have access to the feature episodes? If this is a new policy for FEs, I can't say I care for it at all.
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Guys, chill out a bit. This is likely a glitch of some kind.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User

That is whaqt the testing process is for. There is no excuse for a lack of quality control and testing. If this is a new change, then I won't bother with the Anniversary Event. I am not that interested in the ship anyway, but I was going to give the new missions a try. This game lacks in Mirror Universe content in my opinion.
  • diedel443diedel443 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Yeah, only playable on my DSC char, which is super fun as she is 45 in levelling gear. I died like a dozen times as the mission is WAY overtuned for levelling characters, to be fair so much is in the game, all the queue are horrible in levelling gear, i am not even sure if the scaling does anything at all.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    plm9rZU.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    We like soldiers in the Terran Empire ... you can keep the barbies. :)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited January 2019
    I just played both episodes, and thruth to be told… I'm not impressed.
    While the first one left the feel of… just another STO episode (why it forces the player to play a role of too naive to live anyway?),
    the second one got ground battle part, that was awfull.
    It looks like there is some timer for insta-death of player, enemies respawn continuosly,
    some NPC talks about some device that I need to disable in time, but there is no time to actually read the info,
    or hear him out, and when I tried to interact with some things that got a counter bar about them (I think the NPC talked about them, but I'm not sure), the enemies Rooted me continuosly, so I could not get to the devices.
    After some time (and use help for res from my away team), I manage to get to the device, but I stll was killed, even if the counter bar was about half full - I think, the battle was really confusing - still I was continuing (and used of that Delta Recruit ground gadget for another res.).
    In the end the boss was defeated - I don't know how, by whom, etc.- too much happens at once on screen - and I still got killed with all my away team - needed to respawn.
    And here big surprise - respawned at the start of the ground map, and needed retrace some (ok - not so long) walk but I did not remembered the way, and needed to find the place of battle to get some equipment from some boxes - apparently mission critical.
    In the end the second episode - for me - count as the worst STO episode - ever.
    And the rewards are not so good, that I would want to replay that thing on all my 20 toons.
    I'm the last one that will say that Cryptic (or PWE, or devs, or whoever...) is obliged to give great rewards, but for Anniversary episodes to have such - mediocre - rewards? After 6 years of Anniversary episodes, which rewarded nice (and somewhat high performance) space gear sets?

Edit:
    Good thing the Anniversary ship is account unlock - I did the episodes on one toon on account, and I'm skipping them on rest of my toons.
    Edit2:
    If it can be skipped.
    Post edited by saber1973a on
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,388 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    OK, after playing the 2 episodes, I have one question:

Could we please have another non-1-or-2-dimensional villain after Gaul raised the bar a bit? And could we please not grab the idiot ball again, forgetting the usual and very rarely subverted Terran mindset and even where a ship with a ISS in the name comes from until someone spells it out for us?

Seriously, are subtility, subverted expectations, gray-and-grey situations, horrific hopeless situations not solved easily by a new technobabble in the next episode, and common sense really that hard to be written efficiently?

On the other hand: the person responsible for the character animation: Give them a raise, because as usual since ViL, it's the main coolest thing of this content and one I have nothing but praise for.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • endermandsendermands Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Anniversary mission is greyed out on all my characters. Please help. Really want the ship.
    OK, after playing the 2 episodes, I have one question:

Could we please have another non-1-or-2-dimensional villain after Gaul raised the bar a bit? And could we please not grab the idiot ball again, forgetting the usual and very rarely subverted Terran mindset and even where a ship with a ISS in the name comes from until someone spells it out for us?

Seriously, are subtility, subverted expectations, gray-and-grey situations, horrific hopeless situations not solved easily by a new technobabble in the next episode, and common sense really that hard to be written efficiently?

Yeah, I'm actually shamed to play the episodes on my Romulan, or KDF. The FEDs are actually somewhat too good-natured (to the point of stupidly naive sometimes) in the TV series, but the Klingons are normally more suspicious, and Romulan are famous for their spy craft… and now to play them that way in the new episodes?
    endermands wrote: »
    Anniversary mission is greyed out on all my characters. Please help. Really want the ship.

Try to skip episodes until the Anniversary ones got active (there may be some unskippable episodes though - in this case, I believe the devs will release fix soon)
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I am thinking the plan was that access to these episodes would not be a problem because all the first missions of each episode were supposed to be unlocked for everyone. When that had to be rolled back maybe the right memo did not get to the right desk and we ended up with the new missions locked at the end of the whole list for many characters.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Its a glitch that started when they revamped (borked) the journal and have yet to fix.

Previous FE's have all had a hail button specific to the new mission, so why that's been done away with is anyones guess. Perhaps because it was a system that worked.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Well....as I suspected....I am trapped inside this Mission Journal.
    Everything is gray starting from Dyson.

And this is on a character that previously did the Gamma Quad mission: Quark's Lucky Seven...so I KNOW all this has been skipped already. LOL! All I can do is laugh.

No skip buttons available on anything, no Hail on anything...so I suppose I have to PLAY MY WAY up to where I get Skip Buttons, again.

I am going to my Doctor's appointment...my ride is here.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    ok, this whole little arc makes no sense. I see mirror ship, I should have blown up mirror ship like I have for every other one that appeared, at this point out reflex if nothing else. then after speaking with my new temporally displaced friends. fly to Qo'noS to show J'mpok what I found and ask if I keep em.

I'ld say their showing their fed bias again but it doesn't even make sense for starfleet. I can't even guess what they were thinking.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

That is whaqt the testing process is for. There is no excuse for a lack of quality control and testing. If this is a new change, then I won't bother with the Anniversary Event. I am not that interested in the ship anyway, but I was going to give the new missions a try. This game lacks in Mirror Universe content in my opinion.

And sometimes things get missed in the testing process. That is not a lack of quality control. That is life.
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    plm9rZU.png
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    Glad to see that I'm not the only one having problems getting to the new missions. My TRIBBLE character was the only one on my roster that didn't have them grey'd out and she's still in low-end gear.
    edited January 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

And sometimes things get missed in the testing process. That is not a lack of quality control. That is life.

Plus, in this case, testing may have assumed the first mission of each episode would be unlocked for everyone at this point. But then that needed to be rolled back and nothing else was put in place.

I would be surprised if we did not get a fix for it in the next week. (I just hope the fix does not break the mission journal even more.)
  • richyrich1991richyrich1991 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    Any chance of us getting a full size version of this banner?

I really want it as my wallpaper lol

2c13f9084c666cbe6e13e300c930929a1548261704.jpg
    "As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives.
    This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Victory is Life!"
    njflWNG.jpg
  • captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    > @centurian821 said:
    > jcsww wrote: »
    >
    > centurian821 wrote: »
    >
    > Guys, chill out a bit. This is likely a glitch of some kind.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That is whaqt the testing process is for. There is no excuse for a lack of quality control and testing. If this is a new change, then I won't bother with the Anniversary Event. I am not that interested in the ship anyway, but I was going to give the new missions a try. This game lacks in Mirror Universe content in my opinion.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And sometimes things get missed in the testing process. That is not a lack of quality control. That is life.

I'd be a little more lenient on that if this were not the 9th anniversary stuff. Eight years of anniveesary missions, and this has never been an issue in the past. I get stuff is missed in testing and all, but c'mon. Nine years and things like this are still a common oversight. Little bit of QC goes a long ways in trying to get players to want to play things.

_____

I was able to access these on a Discovery character but don't particularly care much for continual mob tactics. Enough is enough with mob spammage every five minutes. It needs to stop.

Accessing this on my other characters was also a no go.
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1