test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 1/23/19

2»

Comments

• herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    i'm guessing the landing page appearing on every login and I mean every login is now working as intended ?

(One click may make it go away but when you're resetting dailies it turns into 32 clicks then many more during the course of the day)
    What can I do when presented with the landing page

You can press esc. It takes one key, really just a fraction of a second.
    32 Captains x .25sec = total of 8 seconds.

You have my sympathies on your grevious loss of time, but perhaps file this under the game enhancements forum thread, since it has nothing to do with the contents listed in this update.

The landing page lets STO convey information it feels is important to the general player base (including - surprise - a link to a storefront {gasp how dare they!}). Seriously, it's not like they have suddenly taken up 1/3 of the game frame permanently with advertising.

The landing page isn't customized to an individual player and I suspect most the player base are not running 32 Captains. So in the grand scheme of things this is more a minor annoyance to some and, right now, I don't see anything particularly offensive or irrelevant on the landing page to warrant complaint.

Hit esc for a total duration of 8 seconds and just play the game like the rest of us.
    You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I just started STO - and I got level 65 Fed aligned Romulan, and I can't find a way to activate the new episodes. They do not have Hail buton on episode list, and whole Mirror of Discovery Arc is greyed-out...
    And my Fed could not do anything here too…
    Found solution - skipped all episodes until Mirror of Discovery... the the Hail buton got shown up
    I just hope that there are not any "unskippable" episodes for others...
  • herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    earlier zerokillcf2011 wrote: »
    Would have been nice to see a fix for the missing

later zerokillcf2011 wrote: »
    I wasn't requesting a bug fix

Ah yes, how could I possibly think that you were asking for a bug fix. I must of misread that first sentence of your post.
    You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    Ok! Well, that's gone on long enough.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.