test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please bring back Borg & Nukara Red Alerts as Regular queues

ktbu#5082 ktbu Member Posts: 53 Arc User
I know everybody loves the easy Dilithium and Extra mark box from the Random system but the old missions that it spawns are really not enjoyable. I find them to be a major turn off.

At this point I quit the queues when any Borg ground queue is started mainly because nobody knows how to play them anymore and the team quits before the end. Also 90% of the player base is not set up for Advanced ground queues.

The Advanced Space queues that are spawned most often are real OLD sub par missions that are not fun. I must have played Mission: Azure Nebula Rescue a thousand times and I hate it. The queue itself is broken and often you can not get the bonus. It is already on the Endeavor play list... imo it is the worst space queue in the game. Just seeing it pop up makes me turn off the game.

I truly enjoyed playing the Nukara Red Alert over and over. I loved flying towards the 2 dreads and blowing them away and then chasing down the smaller ships. Same with the Borg RA, I loved going for the tact cube right away and then speeding towards another group to blast them. Having to wait to play them once a month for 35 marks is terrible. In fact I and my friends don't even bother with them anymore but we all miss playing it.

Please bring the two old Red Alerts back as regular queues so we can enjoy them again.

And please remove the old queues from the random list. It is impossible that people are requesting those old missions and that means they are coded to pop up more often. PLEASE get rid of them as they are not enjoyable or at the very least please lower the frequency that those old missions pop... like to once a year :P

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• ktbu#5082 ktbu Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
    This is already getting off to a bang up start. Let's remain civil in our disagreement, folks.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    If anything, the alerts should be restored to their original shape, with NO allmarks, NO queues and NO spamgrinding.

And if you're not actually willing to play ANY queue, then don't click "random."
    edited January 2019
    WfSVvDn.png
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    They should bring these back without the choice of mark box but re-instate the previous xp bonus they used to have and offer them as an alternative way to grind starship mastery.

We need more places to earn starship mastery
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
    They should bring these back without the choice of mark box but re-instate the previous xp bonus they used to have and offer them as an alternative way to grind starship mastery.

I agree with this. +1
    GrWzQke.png

I dont know what this guy is agreeing with as Starship mastery takes 20 mins.
    edited January 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    The OP has a list of incorrect assumptions and insulting comments towards other players, especially the insulting assumption tbat no one wants the old missions which is light years past wrong.

OP, don't ever PM me again.

I have not insulted anybody but i am considering it with you.

If you don't like the thread then you do have the choice of ignoring it which I wish you would :P

Since your last post was blocked for FLAME BAIT it is just a matter of time before this one is too. Obviously if you continue this inappropriate behaviour you will be banned. With over 8k posts you value this forum so I urge you to proceed cautiously :)
    Please stop. Both of you.
    GrWzQke.png
    edited January 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Your whole opening post was insulting. Your claims add up to saying that players like me, long time players who have been vocal on these forums for years asking for ways to make the older missions more accessible, do not exist. Thats insulting, period.

You also do not get to tell me where I can or can't post.

LMAO You are easily insulted then. You have taken my post out of context, in fact it is not directed at other players. But if you are personally insulted then I can live with that since it saves me the effort of directly insulting you myself :):):)

I'd rather prefer they'd make all the enemy ships in the game give XP like they're supposed to, so we could earn starship mastery playing normally, instead of being forced to spamgrind a few islands of designated content over and over again like a stuck record.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    And please remove the old queues from the random list. It is impossible that people are requesting those old missions

False. Many of us play the game to enjoy the content, not to maximize loot per hour.

Random TFO gives us a chance to play "old queues" by choosing them then having the other players filled in from the random queue. We do this. We like being able to do this.

More variety in gameplay is a good thing for people playing the game to enjoy the content.
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    I would like to see the old Red Alerts back as Queues. I would prefer an Advanced or Elite version that is set to the relative difficulty that they had been when they were first released. Back then, you may not have gotten to even see the V'ger ship before time ran out.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

I'd rather prefer they'd make all the enemy ships in the game give XP like they're supposed to, so we could earn starship mastery playing normally, instead of being forced to spamgrind a few islands of designated content over and over again like a stuck record.

That would be the perfect solution and would beat hitting Argala on Advanced to power level, but I don't know if its Cryptic not realising there's a lack of parity in TFO's XP or treating SSM as just another grind that shouldn't be done quick and prudent.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
    edited January 2019
    I'd rather prefer they'd make all the enemy ships in the game give XP like they're supposed to,
    Most MMOs make enemy NPCs is larger horde situations, aka many queues/dungeon, not give XP because it becomes too easy to farm, which defeats the purpose of having an XP farm for whatever(be it starship traits, or spec points) in the first place.
    Yes, but most of those MMOs don't have a mechanic that has to be specifically filled with enemy kills XP only. There would be no issue if we could fill ship XP from quests. Cryptic made a mechanic that can only be leveled by kills, then made the majority of enemies not count for it, which is just lame.

It's not about how fast or easy it is to farm (personally, I'd have made the mastery tracks much longer and more complex), it's that those enemies should count for something. Reason to play. As it is, those respawning horde phases are usually just an invitation to wait until the time runs out, both in episode and in queue.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User

This makes the most sense to me.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    ktbu#5082 wrote: »
    Since your last post was blocked for FLAME BAIT it is just a matter of time before this one is too. Obviously if you continue this inappropriate behaviour you will be banned. With over 8k posts you value this forum so I urge you to proceed cautiously :)
    Oh the irony.

When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User

Starship Mastery. Yes. That's what we need it for.
    the-eleventh-doctor-the-eleventh-doctor-25872280-500-287.png
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I agree that they should be reinstated.

However, personally, the reason I'd want them reinstated is simply because they were (in my opinion) fun!

I particularly miss the Tholian Red Alert; granted it was generally pretty easy (although this depended on the team really) but it was always my first choice of queue, and that had nothing to do with the rewards on offer - I just plain enjoyed playing it.

Still - am at at least grateful it hasn't joined the list of (probably) never to return PvE maps such as the original 'No-win Scenario', 'Terradome' and 'Mine Trap'.

They were always my first points of call on a daily basis too. I would like to see them return permanently too. I miss that lil mission you used to get after completing Alhena x amount of times too
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    ktbu#5082 wrote: »
    And please remove the old queues from the random list. It is impossible that people are requesting those old missions and that means they are coded to pop up more often. PLEASE get rid of them as they are not enjoyable or at the very least please lower the frequency that those old missions pop... like to once a year :P

As other have said, this is wrong. If you had done a simple archive search of the forums, you would have seen the numerous threads about the these queues and how to get people playing again over the years. The random TFO is actually something that was brought up in one of those threads and discussed in one of them a couple years ago.

As to no one knowing how to do them. Again, wrong, there are plenty out there that do. The main reason a lot of player don't know these is rather simple, they're newer players and these older STFs weren't run as much. Now they're coming up more in with the random, and people who have never ran them are having to. See the problem? Thus not the fault of the queues. The is the fault of players, pure and simple.

Overall you post reads more like, "Let me do these quick easy things for marks. Instead of these things over here that require me to me to do more than shoot stuff."

The Red Alerts are still there. You just have to go chill in sector space, instead of ESD to get to them now. Wow... that's such a major inconvenience.

And instead of complaining about the older queues. Try playing them, learning them, and then teaching others how to do them. Rise to that challenge. Which makes the older queues more fun than any of the new pewfests, or the pewfest red alerts. Which, the red alerts are little more than target practice for B:FAW.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    I would cast my vote in favor of restoring the RA's to their previous state, and against any variation on the theme of diverting/maneuvering/manipulating/forcing players into other queues they did not feel like playing. If the other missions were more desirable, they would be popular without intervention. If free will is your enemy, then player enjoyment is not your goal.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    I know everybody loves the easy Dilithium and Extra mark box from the Random system but the old missions that it spawns are really not enjoyable. I find them to be a major turn off.

At this point I quit the queues when any Borg ground queue is started mainly because nobody knows how to play them anymore and the team quits before the end. Also 90% of the player base is not set up for Advanced ground queues ...
    Players managed to figure them out when they first came out, I'm sure they will again. I think this game has a glut of new players that are still finding their sea legs.

I realize that not all players like all queues... I'm the same. That's why you get payed extra for going random.

Just a thought - the system seems to work either way. So conceivably you could queue up your favourite queue and the system will back fill the rest of the team for you. I tried to test this on some queues I thought were out of favour but really enjoyed and it seemed to work just fine.

I like this idea as well. Master ships, have fun with a quick run just to blow things up or even taking something new out for a test drive.
This discussion has been closed.