test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tips and Tricks Guide for: Battle of Korfez

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
edited April 2019 in Player Guides
Welcome Captains!

This is the Star Trek Online Tips and Tricks Guide for: Battle of Korfez

The purpose of this thread series is to provide a central repository for seeking and offering advice, tactics, builds, etc., for Task Force Operations, Events, and missions in-game.

Have a question? Have advice? Know of an effective build? Best tactics to get the optionals?

Share your experiences here!

The idea is to help players be more successful and have a more positive experience when playing these missions.

Please adhere to the Community Rules & Policies, as well as, the Frequently Created Threads rules when posting in this thread.

Thank you for your participation in making the Star Trek Online Forum Community a helpful and positive experience for all players. Engage!
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    Reserved for future use.
    GrWzQke.png
    Reserved for future use.
    GrWzQke.png
    Reserved for future use.
    GrWzQke.png
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    My experiences tonight:

Gravity well seemed like a bad idea, but one time it was the only time my team beat 1 of the 8 groups. I was pushing over 500 EPG with my science build with 3 other players. 1 left. My Nebula was fragile and kept dying.

I tried a drain build with anything that drains power. Limited success. It seems the Vaddies don’t like Aceton Assimulators. The Heavy Artillery ships seemed to make it their priority target, but their cover kept attacking me.

Defiant max DPS cannon build. Was able to dodge artillery and get a Heavy Artillery ship down to 50% health pretty quick, but was overwhelmed by other ships and couldn’t maintain my attack once the Heavy Artillery ship was being covered by other Vaddies.

Was going to try a Healer Tank, but as of this time, still waiting.
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    Advanced ques like Infected Space advanced can be done when the team can do 50k or higher.

Corefez..Is different..Its an Elite Que (The toughest Elite we have).

This requires [each player] to have a build easily capable of 75k or more.Anyone on your team without a sorted out build at that level wont make it past the first phase and will almost certainly blow up ALOT inside the first 30 seconds.

PUG queuing will almost certainly end in failure, unless you get lucky with a 4 man team from DPS platinum (Usually 160k or better DPS)

So best ask in the DPS channels for players.

Some tips..

Vaaduwar Artillery Cruisers take Priority over other targets.
    Dots will inhibit the Final boss from firing trilithium torpedo

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Here's the problem though. It seems as though that boss ship is virturally immune to Science. My fleet's got at least 4 Megawell builds that absolutely WRECK everything else in the game... but can barely even scratch that blasted boss ship! Borg Queen's Diamond, dreadnoughts, our megawells wreck 'em. The Korfez Boss ship? Shrugs that off like its nothing.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)