test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't buy anything

Everything in all stores is grayed out the way that items sometimes are when they cost more than what you have. This bug seemed to start with the 1/17/19 patch for me. It includes all items in all stores on all of my characters.

Comments

• malaproposmalapropos Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Everything in all stores is grayed out the way that items sometimes are when they cost more than what you have. This bug seemed to start with the 1/17/19 patch for me. It includes all items in all stores on all of my characters.

+1

• malaproposmalapropos Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    After seeing another thread: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1246279/cant-buy-bridge-officers-training-manuals-at-star-base I now have the problem solved.

To quote myself from that one:
    I had 108 spaces free in the main inventory, and it was giving me issues.
    After clearing the overflow bag, things now work again.
  • rogersreborn#1453 rogersreborn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Apparently after the 1/17/19 patch, a duplicate non-combat shuttle pet was delivered to the overflow bag of every character on my account even though none of my characters are out of inventory space and most of them already have or had a copy of the pet. Removing the pet from the overflow bag removes the bug preventing me from using the stores.
  • conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Ridiculous I'm not taking out my pets from overflow.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    Ridiculous I'm not taking out my pets from overflow.

You can take your pets out of overflow and not have them deleted.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    All this is great but what if you can't open your overflow bag? This has been a problem with the overflow ever since I can remember and I've been playing since 2012. But I have never had it effect my use of the npc stores or replicator before.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    divvydend wrote: »
    All this is great but what if you can't open your overflow bag? This has been a problem with the overflow ever since I can remember and I've been playing since 2012. But I have never had it effect my use of the npc stores or replicator before.

To get your overflow bag to open: sign out of character, then sign back in. Open the overflow bag.
    I don't know why it gets hung up like this. My fleet leader told me that is how to unlock it last time it happened to me.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    you can also just type in /lootcancel, this will allow you to access the overflow bag without having to log out and back in.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Of course it would be much easier if they simply fixed the issue. It's been a problem for at about 6 years now that I can remember. Why is it left to us to find workarounds? Thanks for reminding me about /lootcancel. I'd forgotten about that.
    where2r1 wrote: »
    To get your overflow bag to open: sign out of character, then sign back in. Open the overflow bag.
    I don't know why it gets hung up like this. My fleet leader told me that is how to unlock it last time it happened to me.

That method has never been a reliable solution, but thanks for at least mentioning it.
  • conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    I saw in the patch notes that this was supposed to have been fixed but it isn't