test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Damage Numbers Question

shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
As I understand it in any space battle on any map, red numbers mean you are taking damage, yellow means the enemy takes damage but what about black numbers? I have seen this a couple of times as well but it's always enemies taking damage. I am just curious to know if this means it is a special type of damage (kinetic maybe?) or if its just a aesthetic resolution to a specific background or effect? Apologies in advance if I got some of the gaming terminology wrong.
"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    I think the black numbers are referring to shield drain.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The red numbers are damage dune by enemies, the yellow numbers damage done by you, the black (gray?) numbers damage done by allies. I think.

Green is healing. I don't know if that differentiates between friendly and enemy.

Not that those numbers stay on the screen long enough or still enough to actually read as much more than "something is getting hurt" anyway.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    The only time I have ever seen black numbers was when running a shield drain.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
This discussion has been closed.