test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SPECTERS, BREEN INVASION and LOST DOMINION Story Arcs Missing on Level 65 Characters

Comments

• zkyleachzkyleach Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I'm unable to find the specters mission with my KDF aligned romulan delta recruit since the update. I got cold war and completed it.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    zkyleach wrote: »
    I'm unable to find the specters mission with my KDF aligned romulan delta recruit since the update. I got cold war and completed it.

Is the character level 65?
    Did you complete Cold War before or after November 2???
    And is the Breen missions showing up as Replay?
    And is Lost Dominion The 2800 in the Available section?

Post edited by where2r1 on
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    > @where2r1 said:
    > zkyleach wrote: »
    >
    > I'm unable to find the specters mission with my KDF aligned romulan delta recruit since the update. I got cold war and completed it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Is the character level 65?
    yes
    > Did you complete Cold War before or after November 2???
    after
    > And is the Breen missions showing up as Replay?
    yes
    > And is Lost Dominion The 2800 in the Available section?
    no
    edited December 2018
    > Is the character level 65?
    yes
    > Did you complete Cold War before or after November 2???
    after
    > And is the Breen missions showing up as Replay?
    yes
    > And is Lost Dominion The 2800 in the Available section?
    no

Welcome to the club. :)
    Level 65 Romulan/KDF aligned...missing Specters and the Lost Dominion: The 2800

I will stick you up in the OP so I remember to tag you when something changes.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited December 2018
    UPDATE STATUS ONLY....(so it doesn't get lost on page 1):

Status of Level 65 character's "Available" tab, by Faction:

Romulan Fed : "Cold War", "Lost Dominion" missing (by @rdellaripa23 Thanks!)
    Romulan KDF : "Specters", "Lost Dominion" missing ("Cold War" is in Replay) (by @zkyleach Thanks!)

Federation Ferengi (Mim): "Cold War", "Lost Dominion" missing ("Specters" is in Replay)
    Federation TOS (T'Lyli): "Cold War" missing ("Specters","Lost Dominion" is in Replay)

Jem'Hadar Fed (Ginny): "Specters", "Lost Dominion", "Cold War" missing.
    Jem'Hadar KDF (Priscilla): "Specters" and "Lost Dominion" missing (by @veruvas1 Xbox Thanks!)

Note: veruvas1 is on XBox. I verified on my KDF Jem'Hadar on PC.

+++++++++++++++

Breen Invasion Story Arc and Lost Dominion Story Arc is not in "Available" tab for Level 65 characters, who have not completed it before November 1st patch.

This was a change that came in with the patch of November 1, 2018....
    Missions handoffs for "Cold War," "Spectres," and "The Lost Dominion" now require level 65.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11012623

edited December 2018
    > @where2r1 said:
    > UPDATE STATUS ONLY....(so it doesn't get lost on page 1):
    >
    > Status of Level 65 character's "Available" tab, by Faction:
    >
    > Romulan Fed-Aligned: "Cold War", "Lost Dominion" missing (by @rdellaripa23 Thanks!)
    > Romulan KDF-Aligned (Delta): "Specters", "Lost Dominion" missing ("Cold War" is in Replay) (by @zkyleach Thanks!)

nevermind, you did it right I'm just an idiot :smiley:
    Post edited by zkyleach on
    edited December 2018
    My Romulan is KDF-aligned

Oh not Delta Recruit???

I removed all that stuff about Recruits...I do not think it matters other than my Temporal Recruit needs the Breen Invasion/ Cold War to come back so she can finish her Recruitment Event in her Transponder.

> @where2r1 said:
    > zkyleach wrote: »
    >
    > My Romulan is KDF-aligned
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh not Delta Recruit???
    >
    > I removed all that stuff about Recruits...I do not think it matters other than my Temporal Recruit needs the Breen Invasion/ Cold War to come back so she can finish her Recruitment Event in her Transponder.

Yes, it's a delta recruit which is essentially the same as the Temporal and I can't finish the iconian requirements without doing specters, which has or leads to 5 of the items needed.
    December 13, 2018 Patch...no change on the Ferengi. still no Cold War or Lost Dominion.

This is the only character I have time for today, as I am running the race on her...then off to do chores....

• zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I have a Rom/Fed Delta recruit that also does not have access to the Cold War or Lost dominion mission handoffs. I have played or skipped EVERY mission available in the journal and am level 65. Have the 1 mission "Cold Storage" I think to finish the delta recruit rewards and "cold war" is mission from Quinn's available missions.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I have a Rom/Fed Delta recruit that also does not have access to the Cold War or Lost dominion mission handoffs. I have played or skipped EVERY mission available in the journal and am level 65. Have the 1 mission "Cold Storage" I think to finish the delta recruit rewards and "cold war" is mission from Quinn's available missions.

An ignorant question on my side, but still. MAYBE it helps here.

I assume you did "Galaxy at Large" if applicable (talking to Quinn's quest, in Klingons War's line) and skipped/did all TFOs. If no, do this 1st.

If yes, Is "Cold Storage" (or any other quest in this line, in case name of quest was wrong) is in J -> In Progress
    OR maybe in J -> Available?
    What happens when you approach really close to defera on sector space and contact, I think, Surrah?

If none of this helps, sorry I can't help here then.

An ignorant question on my side, but still. MAYBE it helps here.

I assume you did "Galaxy at Large" if applicable (talking to Quinn's quest, in Klingons War's line) and skipped/did all TFOs. If no, do this 1st.

If yes, Is "Cold Storage" (or any other quest in this line, in case name of quest was wrong) is in J -> In Progress
    OR maybe in J -> Available?
    What happens when you approach really close to defera on sector space and contact, I think, Surrah?

If none of this helps, sorry I can't help here then.

Yah, I played all the TFO's, and every single mission in the journal has been played or skipped, and every mission that was under Quinn in available missions (I think, there was "Melting Pot", "Neutral zone diplomacy (PVP)", and another one. Played them all, now quinn doesnt even show up in my available missions tab. None of the breen missions are available, the dominion (2800) missions, as others are reporting. If I fly all around Deferra and hail Surrah a hundred times, he still says the "all in good time" message. Even did a bunch of the breen found missions like the outpost and such, and still no joy. I submitted a ticket 4 days ago and haven't heard anything from them.
    Yeah, no changes to address this problem. At this point, I do not expect changes until after the New Year's holiday....Or when ever Cryptic staff and programmers come in off their time off.

I do check every patch to see if anything changes.

Sorry, I am not as attentive on the thread as I am fighting a cold and just feel drained of energy between that and holiday prep.

• sheila#3326 sheila Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I found out how to get around the issues (not a real fix, but a work-around).

If you have faction friend or toon that has access to the specters mission(s) then it is possible to acquire the mission through sharing. Make sure they share skirmish if they can since this will prevent the message that tells you that you only get half credit for doing it out of turn.

Anyhow, once you accept that mission you will get all the rest automatically as you complete each one.

Right now this appears to be the only way to get the missions for KDF romulans.
    Yeah, know about the work around already. Thank you. I am using this thread to track the issue to see when it gets fixed.

• procyniaprocynia Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I, too, cannot access this story arc my level 65 Federation Vulcan Delta Recruit.
    edited January 2019
    Patch with corrections to the Mission Journal incoming. 10 Jan 2019.
    Check your characters after the patch goes live.

@rdellaripa23 @zkyleach @zerokillcf2011 @procynia

You will want to read today's patch notes for the specifics....as there is a lot of stuff being changed....And not just the Mission Journal.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11066673

@veruvas1 I am not sure when this patch will reach Xbox and PS4. But keep your eyes peeled. It looks like they were waiting until everyone got back from the holidays, before launching these fixes on live. So, I think it will be soon after everything gets ironed out on PC.

I'm hoping this works! Will find out tonight!
    I'm hoping this works! Will find out tonight!

Agreed...I am going to give up my WW games tonight so I can check Mission Journals across the board. LOL!

edited January 2019
    This is what I see after the patch on 10 JAN 2019 Patch.
    Notes here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11066673

Going to try to stick to: COLD WAR/Breen, LOST DOMINION, and SPECTERS

Romulan KDF (Tyra): "Cold War" is missing on my level 65 Romulan KDF.

Off Topic: I see the addition of "Wasteland Replay", even though it is in Episodes listing for Romulans. ???

Federation Ferengi (Mim): Gained "Lost Dominion". "Cold War" is missing.

I have "Specters" under Quinn AND individual missions for the "Specters" story under Franklin Drake.
    NOTE: this is inconsistent from Federation TOS where replays shows up under "Specters Mission Replay" banner.

Off Topic: "Melting Pot" is listed under Quinn 2x in Available. ??? It is in the Episodes list, too.

Federation TOS (T'Lyli): Gained "Specters" under Quinn, and individual missions for the "Specters" story under "Specters Mission Replay" banner. "Cold War" missing.

Off Topic: "Melting Pot" is listed only in Episodes. Hmmm.

Jem'Hadar Fed (Ginny): Gained "Specters" and "Lost Dominion" under Quinn. "Cold War" missing.

Off Topic: "Melting Pot" is listed under Quinn 2x in Available even as it is in Episodes. Fed, again. What is this oddity??

Jem'Hadar KDF (Priscilla): Gained "Specters" and "Lost Dominion" under J'mpok. "Cold War" was never missing here.

Off Topic: "Melting Pot" is listed only in Episodes.

+++++++++++++++

History:

Breen Invasion Story Arc and Lost Dominion Story Arc is not in "Available" tab for Level 65 characters, who have not completed it before November 1st patch.

This was a change that came in with the patch of November 1, 2018....
    Missions handoffs for "Cold War," "Spectres," and "The Lost Dominion" now require level 65.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11012623

For those still checking characters / troubleshooting......

Looks like "Cold War" is still missing on characters that were missing it before.
    Although, "Lost Dominion" and "Specters" is back.

Please verify for the Devs this is what you all are seeing. It is always good to have multiple eyes on this sort of thing.

(I swear I will be seeing double the snowmen, because I am now cross-eyed after this. LOL! J/K)

"Cold War" still missing. Fed Aligned Rom Delta Recruit

Lost dominion actually was ok, and I found the mission drop last month actually, and the character had already done the Spectres missions, so I cannot speak to if those changed or not with this patch. But "Cold War" is def still not available. and I checked mission journal again, EVERY single mission has been played or skipped, even the TFO's.
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    Missing them too on my Fed aligned Rom level 65. I had the Dominion and Specteres completed already and they are under the Available tab. The Cold War missions are not under my Available Tab, not available from the Defari ambassador, and not on the Defari planet.

Ticket 4,808,339.

• engineerb4#4806 engineerb4 Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2019
    Thanks for the report.
    Post edited by engineerb4#4806 on
    STO Software Engineer
    I build things. Things that make us go.
    edited January 2019
    On my Fed I'm seeing Cold War, Lost Dominion, etc. My Fed aligned Rom appears to be missing them, I'll ping the designers. Thanks for the report.

I admit it, I am attempting to do way too much. I was a mess taking notes the other night...
    Look at them...."Melting Pot"??? "Wasteland"??? I was all over the place. LOL! And I remember flopping back and forth between characters and back, again. Sheesh.

Oh well, Devs... be happy this player is happier playing the game. LOL!

Anyhoo...I wanted to sign back in this morning, since I shut down my computer last night so I would be able to check on a cold start. But got distracted by kit modules, Christmas decorations, 50' extension cords and laundry.

I will look over it, again, over the weekend. LOL!

edited January 2019
    On my Fed I'm seeing Cold War, Lost Dominion, etc. My Fed aligned Rom appears to be missing them, I'll ping the designers. Thanks for the report.

Well...you guys are not quite out of the woods, yet..... I may have been tired the other night....but this morning checking on my Ferengi. That would be a straight up Federation character.

I was not dreaming: "Cold War" which should be listed under Jorel Quinn... Is REALLY NOT there.
    I got proof... I took screen shot. LOL!

https://i.imgur.com/6RwgSHO.jpg

I may suck at taking pictures of ships in space...but this one worked.

So...what is different about my character???

The only thing I can come up with is: I skipped EVERYTHING when ViL came out so I could get her to "Quark's Lucky Seven" mission so she could have the item "Leck's Throwing Knives". (I even made her a Marauder outfit, complete with sunglasses.) So, for this character "Cold War" was one that was flagged as "Skip", when the Mission Journal update came around.

I am going to say this Ferengi is probably an exception to any rules, here. LOL!
    Because who else would have done something like this to their "Cold War" mission?? Or any missions, for that matter???

It is "Extreme Mission Skipping". All the way from "Klingon War" to ViL.
    But then, "Specters" and "Lost Dominion" those work fine and those were skipped, too.
    So, yeah, have fun! Her name is Mim@where2r1

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Will update this post as I roll around to my other characters.

Romulan KDF (Tyra): "Cold War" is missing.

And I would take a screen shot but: She does not have J'mpok as a mission giver...and there is no mission giver for "Cold War" listed for Romulans.

At least not on the Wiki...
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Cold_War_(wrapper)

So that is the hold up on the Romulans and "Cold War". Romulans need their Faction mission giver added OR ADD Ambassador Surah...he has the individual missions.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Cold_War

===========

Federation Ferengi (Mim): "Lost Dominion" is Available. "Cold War" is missing. "Specters" in Replay.
    See comments and screen shot above.

Federation TOS AoY (T'Lyli):"Specters" and "Lost Dominion" is Available under Replay banners and Quinn. "Cold War" missing. https://i.imgur.com/lq6K7Gz.jpg

ADDITION....
    Federation AoD (Kagome) (Level 12) : "Specters" "Lost Dominion" and "Cold War" are missing. https://i.imgur.com/XVqWMHC.jpg

Noted on this thread: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1246048/anyone-know-what-triggers-the-spectres-mission-availability

==========
    Jem'Hadars....have to play through the Gamma Quad Missions to unlock the Episodes listing...does not seem to make any difference.

Jem'Hadar Federation (Ginny) open Episodes listing: "Specters" and "Lost Dominion" is Available listed under Quinn. "Cold War" is missing. https://i.imgur.com/uDQMg6z.jpg

Jem'Hadar Federation (Gigi) locked Episodes listing: "Specters" and "Lost Dominion" is Available listed under Quinn. "Cold War" is missing. https://i.imgur.com/Y6ueli6.jpg

Jem'Hadar KDF: "Specters" "Lost Dominion" and "Cold War" is Available listed under J'mpok.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And this took me all the way up to lunch time...and I have to sign out so I can make lunches...
    Then WW. I am killing snowmen, no more of this paper pushing stuff. LOL!

Update on KDF aligned Romulan:

After getting a Specters mission shared to me, I was able to do the required mission from Lost Dominion and then drop the shared mission and do them all in order.

The only remaining mission I still cannot get or do is "Temporal Abassador". All other KDF toons have this mission in the "Yesterday's War" arc, but not my KDF romulan. I tried to have it shared to me like I did with specters, but the option to share was greyed out, so that was a no-go.

At this time I can find no way to get the mission Temporal Ambassador which is the last of the "iconian" requirements to get 3 huge Delta recruit mark packages (and a ground and space module).
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Update on KDF aligned Romulan:

After getting a Specters mission shared to me, I was able to do the required mission from Lost Dominion and then drop the shared mission and do them all in order.

The only remaining mission I still cannot get or do is "Temporal Abassador". All other KDF toons have this mission in the "Yesterday's War" arc, but not my KDF romulan. I tried to have it shared to me like I did with specters, but the option to share was greyed out, so that was a no-go.

At this time I can find no way to get the mission Temporal Ambassador which is the last of the "iconian" requirements to get 3 huge Delta recruit mark packages (and a ground and space module).

I started a new KDF Romulan to see what a new player would experience with all these changes.

Interestingly, I have both the 'Temporal Ambassador' mission and 'The Once and Future Agent' showing on the Available tab, but under the Episodes tab, Yesterday's War only shows 'The Once and Future Agent' as the first mission.

The definitely need to assign someone to rework the mission journal this year. No piecemeal fixes, the whole thing needs a good looking at.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I think you are supposed to play The Once and Future Agent, then it unlocks the next mission after that but I agree with what you said, though I don't think these were piecemeal fixes when it comes to the coding of Star Trek Online. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    Egads! Did this all change back to the way it was before the 10 JAN 2019 patch.

So, I can throw out Kagome (level 12) AoD character because Cold War, Specters, and Lost Dominion is unlocked at Level 65, again?

I think I will save this until the weekend proper.