test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Mirror of Discovery Launches January 23rd!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
On January 23rd, Captain Killy, played by Mary Wiseman, comes to Star Trek Online. Face off against the infamous Mirror Universe Captain, complete Personal Endeavors to advance, gain Mirror Universe gear and celebrate our anniversary to unlock a T6 Vulcan Scout Ship!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11055623

Comments

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I'm sure the T6 Vulcan Ship is going to be cross-faction.

The only way I can see that happening though, is if it's a Mirror Vulcan ship. Which, considering the theme of the Anniversary, is a real possibility.

And with it being a Scout Ship, and the fact we usually have a big ship bundle shortly after the the Anniversary, could we be getting a Scout Ship Mega bundle that might include a Nova? It'll be interesting to see what the KDF would get as well. Roms and Jems, I don't think I even want to speculate on what (if anything) they may get.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    Nothing for the Klingon's?!

Maybe the Klingon's commandeered one during a "Health Inspection." ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjj807gBH9w

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Wonder if the ship will look like this:
    vulcan.jpg
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager

Like all anniversary ships, this ship is cross faction.
  • risian6#1997 risian6 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Nice to see a new Vulcan ship.

If it's like the Lukari scout ship, I might just leave my Vesta. Temporarily of course ;)
    Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    I'm sure the T6 Vulcan Ship is going to be cross-faction.

The only way I can see that happening though, is if it's a Mirror Vulcan ship. Which, considering the theme of the Anniversary, is a real possibility.

And with it being a Scout Ship, and the fact we usually have a big ship bundle shortly after the the Anniversary, could we be getting a Scout Ship Mega bundle that might include a Nova? It'll be interesting to see what the KDF would get as well. Roms and Jems, I don't think I even want to speculate on what (if anything) they may get.

Romulans could be due for a T6 Ha'nom or Ha'feh ship. Like how blueside is due for a T6 Nova. Maybe KDF could get a T6 Hegh'ta, Ningtao, Ch'Tang, or Puyjaq. Or Romulans, JH, and KDF get boned altogether.
  • risian6#1997 risian6 Member Posts: 128 Arc User

Defeat.

;)
    Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)
  • starshine#7408 starshine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Is it likely DIS mirrorverse uniforms will become available or a c-store item?
    TOS>LDS>DSC>VOY>DS9>PRO>ENT>TNG>PIC

Bring the Enterprise XCV-330 to STO
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User

Killy!!!! :D

Mirror uniforms please!

Killy Bridge Officer please!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    Technically the winter event ship is a KDF ship
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User

Are you saying my Odyssey and Ambassador are cross-faction?
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Ill check it out on the 23rd or 24th, but as of the 25th my gaming time is going to be going to a certain game I've been wanting for about seventeen years now, so I guess this is one anniversary ship I'll be skipping
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    On January 23rd, Captain Killy, played by Mary Wiseman, comes to Star Trek Online. Face off against the infamous Mirror Universe Captain...
    Which should be interesting, especially given this line from the article:
    From there, a two episode arc will place you in a deadly race against time – and to determine whether this ruthless Captain will be an ally or an enemy.
    As I said elsewhere, it would be interesting if it turns out that Killy is here to seek an alliance (admittedly a very uneasy, temporary one) in the face of something Very Bad running rampant in her home reality... which, in turn, would nicely set up missions giving the writing team opportunity to explore the DSC!Mirrorverse. On another note, we also have the amusing mental image of her forces butting heads with their prime-universe counterparts; extra points for Killy and Leeta going at it mano e mano.
    ...gain Mirror Universe gear...
    This seems interesting. Quite aside from the much-requested uniforms, exactly what this consists of is wide open for speculation. Extra credit for a Holo-Killy.
    ...and celebrate our anniversary to unlock a T6 Vulcan Scout Ship!
    Which from its type designation, might well be something closer to the N'kaam than the cruiser vengefuldjinn points to...
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    vulcan.jpg

I hope not... looks nothing like a vulcan ship. reminds me of the head of Beta Ray Bill... or some skull with an elongated snout. also cross faction with a vulcan ship? so can KDF also buy other vulcan ship too? The T5 with the Vulcan shuttle? KDF is serious need of more shuttle crafts (outside of lobi and lock box)
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Killy!!!! :D

Mirror uniforms please!

Killy Bridge Officer please!

If there was anything good that came from Discovery, it's the Mirror Terra uniforms.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    vulcan.jpg

I hope not... looks nothing like a vulcan ship. reminds me of the head of Beta Ray Bill... or some skull with an elongated snout. also cross faction with a vulcan ship? so can KDF also buy other vulcan ship too? The T5 with the Vulcan shuttle? KDF is serious need of more shuttle crafts (outside of lobi and lock box)

Lol it does look like Beta Ray's head - if we get a ship that look's like it, I know what my ship's name will be -

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Props to the folks who made the trailer!

It was simple, to the point, and quite nicely done.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    2 weeks to go
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,498 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    vulcan.jpg

That is the dumbest looking ship outside of a few of the Klingorc monstrosities in DSC (and even then it gives them quite a run for the money), but if it is a fully functional T6 science ship I would gladly have it, silly Aladdin's slipper/dead cow head or not.
  • anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2019

Klingons get to seize coveted enemy technology! Bring Glory to their House! And, the Empire!
    tigeraries wrote: »
    vulcan.jpg

It does! But what came to my mind first was:
    4094485.jpg

and
    4094482.jpg

3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Will it feature the 25th century Terran Empire? We need a Killy/Leeta team up.

Also we need those mirror uniforms and Tilly’s hair as seen in the picture
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Will it feature the 25th century Terran Empire? We need a Killy/Leeta team up.

Also we need those mirror uniforms and Tilly’s hair as seen in the picture

wibbly wobbly timey wimey
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    I am hoping they release the discovery Klingon appearance with this update.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    So is this considered Season 15.5, Season 16 or ???

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    vulcan.jpg

I haven't seen a single episode of Discovery.
    I was going to catch the first episode "on demand" on my cable since they make pretty much every network show, certainly from the major broadcast networks, available in that format but I guess CBS thought that Star Trek was too special and so it never showed up there.

Anyway, that says cruiser and the article says "scout ship", so I don't know if there were other Vulcan ships in the show but maybe someone has some video of something... In any event, I imagine some ship info will be incoming before too long and that will include an image.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

Are you saying my Odyssey and Ambassador are cross-faction?

You mean Bortas'q and Kamarag?

The forces of darkness are upon us!
    Will we finally learn who the mysterious Emperor is in the 25th century mirror universe?