test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Season 15 Foundry Bug Compilation Thread

thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
With the third attempt to bring the Foundry back this season, we do finally have the ability to play Foundry missions back. But there are still quite a few issues to address. The best way to get bugs fix is to get them well documented. So, I've compiled all the Foundry bugs here that have been introduced with Age of Discovery. Note that these are only new bugs to the Foundry.
  • Top 3 System is non-functional. This doesn't appear to relate to the previous qualification issue bug, even qualifying missions do not show up. The system may be turned off.
  • In the 2D map editor in the Map tab of the Foundry editor, the top-down images of the objects all sit at 0,0 of the computer screen. Selecting and dragging a large object will make it appear above the UI. The preview images still scale with the map which will cause large objects such as groundscale ships to expand into the map area.
Capture.png
  • In the Costume editor, a number of dropdown lists appear unpopulated. Currently, the following fields are empty:
    • Head
      • Skin Type
      • Base Complexion
      • Tattoo, Scar, etc.
image.png
  • When previewing or publishing the map, "Earth Spacedock Ground", the game client crashes. (Crash Report #141348159)

Let me know if I've missed anything or if you have additional info.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Let me know if I've missed anything or if you have additional info.

Sounds good, and we might want to add that the "No Reward" bug hasn't yet been solved after several months of being around.

There seems to be a number of missions plagued by it at present, even though they used to reward Dilithium upon completion in the past. As a result, those missions no longer appear in the Foundry missions rotation in Sector Space, which is tantamount to giving them zero exposure.
  • theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    Pop up dialogues on the Cryptic Map - ESD (and possibly the other Cryptic Maps) no longer function, causing a mission to hang where these are used.

On the other hand, it appears that the issue that affected the Generator - Civilian assets has been fixed.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Foundry characters are unable to collect rewards from Duty officer, admiralty, or R&D.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    the game crashes to desktop when selecting various items, like the turbolift door 01 and 02 objects, and some of the walls with a door, though I tried just the wall with door 01 with the same result the turbolift door objects. And I force verify each time it crashes, or let the game force verify like it does automatically.

this seemed like a good spot to post this. *shrugs*
    I am using the 64-bit STO client. I'll try again with the 32-bit client.

Edit, same result in 32-bit or 64-bit STO client.

Edit: I have been working on the Odyssey Bridge, the one with the partial lower deck, in the foundry editor.
  • designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    Can corroborate and verify theyredeadjim's Cryptic Map - ESD Pop up problem. Pop up dialogs do not appear in editor preview or published missions using the Cryptic Map. That is to say, the map instance in game populated by other players. This is separate from the map version where you can edit stuff (which only just crashes to desktop and makes a mission publishable).
  • vicormavicorma Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Today I received a ingame mail of a player that informed me about a trigger that is not working atm.

I have several missions you have to talk with a prisoner that is locked up in a captive cell. Now it's not possible to talk to the character.

I tested the mission that worked fine before and now not.

Sure there is a way to make it work again by reaching a trigger point and use the chat option.

Greetings
    Hera%20squad%20logo1a.png
This discussion has been closed.