Options

Tardigrade Adoption Agency!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    But seriously, why is this a thing?

Fun. Fun things are, after all, fun and I think it takes an effort to look at gorn puns, designating Q as your first officer, and adopting a macro-tardigrade who made his own starfleet uniform as some mysterious thing which defies immediate explanation (ie. I think those who've questioned "why" understand the purpose of this quite well but felt inclined to make the comment anyway. Subtex: why should this be a thing.)

Though if you need more incentives, Kael mentioned that the agency updates to come (first to be sent on Christmas) will work their way to foreshadowing (in some way) the next content drop. If cute doodles and story blurbs (which Kael wrote himself) for the "awwws" and "lols" aren't for you then you can stay tuned for teases for the continuing Age of Discovery.
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    OOOoo I got a letter from the Tardigrade Adoption Agency just now. :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    I did the adoption thing and can't see what the benefit of this is. Anyone what to tell me
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    It is just for fun.
    To tell you the truth, it looks like something safe for kids to do over the holidays. LOL!

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Got an email earlier today saying that more detailed updates would be forthcoming in the next week or so.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    tvirxtvirx Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Gods forbid that there be any fun to be had here! #Roasttardigradeforsupper
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    and adopting a macro-tardigrade who made his own starfleet uniform as some mysterious thing which defies immediate explanation
    It's funny because the original script of Discovery had Ripper as a full-fledged Starfleet officer on the ship and Stamets' superior, with his own uniform with his badge on a stash.

This proved to be too expensive, sadly. Then, they ignored that fact and instead of finally giving us a fully-alien well-written important character in a Star Trek series, they went with the more expensive and unnecessary redesign of the Klingon stuff.

Also, the first update:
    2018-12-26%2022_23_31-Window.png?raw=1

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    tvirx wrote: »
    #Roasttardigradeforsupper

Goes well with Minty Raktajino Sauce.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    where2r1 wrote: »
    tvirx wrote: »
    #Roasttardigradeforsupper

Goes well with Minty Raktajino Sauce.

8VfoMfK.png
    and adopting a macro-tardigrade who made his own starfleet uniform as some mysterious thing which defies immediate explanation
    It's funny because the original script of Discovery had Ripper as a full-fledged Starfleet officer on the ship and Stamets' superior, with his own uniform with his badge on a stash.

You are explaining this to someone with a uniformed Tardigrade as his avatar...chances are he's encountered the story in his travels about the internet. ;)
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    MMMMMM....even better....Roasted Tardigrade Veal.

• Options
    malaproposmalapropos Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    So having had the first email bits from this, I find there's something important missing in them... They need an unsubscribe link.
  • Options
    Well, it's not well written, and use odd combination of wording in them.

• Options
    Oh NOOo! My Arty Tardi got into the mud!!! He's a mess...someone else can adopt him now.

• Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    party helped set up a party... well at least I didn't have to blow up the balloons.

Oh NOOo! My Arty Tardi got into the mud!!! He's a mess...someone else can adopt him now.

just spray em with the Garden hose. wait do they even still use garden hoses in whatever century we're in at this point.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Supposedly, Arty sculpted a bust of "his favorite caretaker" out of the clay block he found in his playpen.
    Well....the e-mail said "pile of clay".

Now, Frtoaster thinks that looks sculpture looks like Picard...4 pips on the collar and all.

So, the identity of Arty Tardi's favorite caretaker is Jean-Luc Picard.

https://i.imgur.com/cUbl5MP.jpg

Any other clues to Picard popping up with the other Tardigrade e-mails???

• Options

@duncanidaho11 ??? What say you?? You are getting all the e-mails, aren't you?

• Options
    edited January 2019

@duncanidaho11 ??? What say you?? You are getting all the e-mails, aren't you?

I'm only getting Arty, Lt., and Party! For some reason Kael didn't auto-subscribe me to all the tardis. :disappointed:

The Picard thing though...hmm....Kael did say that these would tease upcoming content so based on this limited information, sans, context, I think we can say that an X-Men cross over in STO is confirmed! :tongue:

That or Dune, I think Gurney Halleck would be a good foster parent to a huggle bug. (cue Arty doodling over a baliset)
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    So far the couple of announcements I've received are, cute, but still not understanding the purpose of this overall unless it is to be cute just for cuteness's sake. Nevertheless, it's nice of Cryptic to toss these tardigrades some work since their 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' casting.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Well, I guess, we will just have to wait and see.

I am gonna have to give it up to @frtoaster if he is right about that hint pointing to Patrick Stewart.

• Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    So far the couple of announcements I've received are, cute, but still not understanding the purpose of this overall unless it is to be cute just for cuteness's sake. Nevertheless, it's nice of Cryptic to toss these tardigrades some work since their 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' casting.

I think that was the entire point.

I'm only getting Arty, Lt., and Party! For some reason Kael didn't auto-subscribe me to all the tardis. :disappointed:

The Picard thing though...hmm....Kael did say that these would tease upcoming content so based on this limited information, sans, context, I think we can say that an X-Men cross over in STO is confirmed! :tongue:

That or Dune, I think Gurney Halleck would be a good foster parent to a huggle bug. (cue Arty doodling over a baliset)

https://www.amazon.com/STAR-TREK-GENERATION-SECOND-CONTACT/dp/B001C4N064
    https://www.amazon.com/Planet-Star-Trek-Next-Generation/dp/0671019163

Note the year of publication: 1998, two years before the first X-Men film.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    destroyer#8844 destroyer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I did not get an email update about Lt. Tardigrade this week, did any of you get updates? If you did could you please post a picture of it so I can see what it says?
  • Options
    I got some e-mail about Discovery...nothing about my Tardigrade. :(
    Are they using the Tardigrade e-mail list to send me PWE e-mail???

• Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    Nice marketing mailing list bait.
    Due to the new GDPR laws they cannot use the email for marketing mailing list without a high risk of receiving a very large fine. They are no longer allowed to without explicit clear consent to use our personal information for anything other then what we agreed with. As there was no agreement on sighing up for them to use personal information for anything else they cannot use our information for anything else. If they do legally they are in a very bad position and will get reported and most likely fined.
    Given neither PWE nor Cryptic are located in the EU, I'm curious how that can be enforced?
    I'm also not in the EU, so I really don't understand.

Also, I got Lt. Tardigrade as well.
    No idea how they do it but they do. There was a big revamp in data protection laws May this year and basically if they want to trade in the EU they have to follow the rules. Given that they have a web presence in the EU, sell to people in the EU and use EU currency they come under the new data protection laws which are great for end consumers like ourselves.

As an example Uber isn’t a EU company yet just last month they were fined.

I'm not saying they can't fine them, but how are they going to enforce it?
    As your example with Uber, all Uber drivers are not employees, but contractors (I know there was some litigation on that issue, but I don't know if the classification has changed). What are they going to do, pull over all Uber drivers and seize their vehicles?
    Same with PWE, what are they going to do, block their websites?
    Without a way to enforce it, it's toothless.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    Nice marketing mailing list bait.
    Due to the new GDPR laws they cannot use the email for marketing mailing list without a high risk of receiving a very large fine. They are no longer allowed to without explicit clear consent to use our personal information for anything other then what we agreed with. As there was no agreement on sighing up for them to use personal information for anything else they cannot use our information for anything else. If they do legally they are in a very bad position and will get reported and most likely fined.
    Given neither PWE nor Cryptic are located in the EU, I'm curious how that can be enforced?
    I'm also not in the EU, so I really don't understand.

Also, I got Lt. Tardigrade as well.
    No idea how they do it but they do. There was a big revamp in data protection laws May this year and basically if they want to trade in the EU they have to follow the rules. Given that they have a web presence in the EU, sell to people in the EU and use EU currency they come under the new data protection laws which are great for end consumers like ourselves.

As an example Uber isn’t a EU company yet just last month they were fined.

I'm not saying they can't fine them, but how are they going to enforce it?
    As your example with Uber, all Uber drivers are not employees, but contractors (I know there was some litigation on that issue, but I don't know if the classification has changed). What are they going to do, pull over all Uber drivers and seize their vehicles?
    Same with PWE, what are they going to do, block their websites?
    Without a way to enforce it, it's toothless.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).