test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Screenshot Contest Fek'Ihri S'torr Warship

feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
Hello everyone!

We are proud to host our next Screenshot Contest! This time, it features the free ship from this years winter event.

The theme for this contest:
Fek'Ihri S'torr Warship

The Fek'Ihri S'torr Warship has to be on the screenshot. The rest is up to you!

Conditions of participation:
  • To participate you need to send in the screenshot link here or below our Post at sto-league and we need your @handle. If your character is called John@Doe, add @Doe to the comment with your entry here or at the website.
  • Only one screenshot per person is allowed.
  • The use of photoshop or other similar programs to enhance the picture is allowed and highly appreciated.
  • Not allowed are 3d rendering programms, it still has to be a ingame screenshot!

Deadline to participate and send in a screenshot is 17th of January 2019 6pm UTC.

The STO-League Admin Team will determine the winner after the deadline.

Prize:
  • The screenshot from the winner will be used for the shipbuild post at www.sto-league.com.
  • In addition, the winner will get 10 Masterkeys (PC Version of Star Trek Online)

The winner will get the Masterkeys per in-game mail short after the decision is made.

Disclaimers:
  • The members of the DPS-League Adminteam are not allowed to participate.
  • No cash disbursement is possible, recourse to the courts is not permitted.
  • With the entry you allow us to use the screenshot for the website www.sto-league.com

Your sto-league Admin Team

P.s.:
To take a good screenshot use the /screenshot_jpg command.
You could although try to increase the resolution by using /renderscale 2 or higher. The normal is /renderscale 1. But be careful, this is only for better computers and could slow down your game drastically.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I have essentially zero post processing ability, so no chance of winning such a contest. :'(
    But will look forward to seeing others great screenshots.
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    I have essentially zero post processing ability, so no chance of winning such a contest. :'(

just try it :)
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2019

Yeah, with DemoRecord or Photoshop....no competition with just plain screen shots. I will be looking but not touching, too.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • xxxhellspawnyxxxxxxhellspawnyxxx Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    It's not the first screenshot contest we're doing and we had several winners who did not use Demorecord or Photoshop at all.​​
    It's not the first screenshot contest we're doing and we had several winners who did not use Demorecord or Photoshop at all.​​

Would your fleet mind posting those examples here?

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    you could check the winner pictures from previous contests at sto-league.com
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Just a note, even if your PC isn't up to the task of running the game with all the graphics options maxed, you can still probably get a good screenshot and then turn your settings back down. Loss of frame rate doesn't matter much when you're taking a still image.. yeah, it will make it tough if you are trying to get a shot in a fierce battle.. but for something like a shot around a planet or nebula, you can kick up the settings, take the shot and then return them to what they were.

No one said it had to be a battle shot. :wink:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Just a note, even if your PC isn't up to the task of running the game with all the graphics options maxed, you can still probably get a good screenshot and then turn your settings back down. Loss of frame rate doesn't matter much when you're taking a still image.. yeah, it will make it tough if you are trying to get a shot in a fierce battle.. but for something like a shot around a planet or nebula, you can kick up the settings, take the shot and then return them to what they were.

I guess, I can try that. Maybe I can get @ichaerus1 to bring his Kar'fi and fiery Skul fighters for a screen shot. That was fun.

where2r1 wrote: »

I guess, I can try that. Maybe I can get @ichaerus1 to bring his Kar'fi and fiery Skul fighters for a screen shot. That was fun.

i hope you could take a great screenshot there! :)
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
      felisean wrote: »

i hope you could take a great screenshot there! :)

I'd be happy to go ahead and have one of my pylons with the Kar'fi pose for Klingon Granny if she's getting the muscle car ship. I just have to verify a couple of things for the Kar'fi(doll it up, make it look pretty, you know how it is). I'm terrible at playing around with screenshot stuff, so I'll let Klingon Granny mess with those particulars. I just have to hope she doesn't step on the gas, and accidentally back into my ship while snapping a pic.
      ichaerus1 wrote: »
      I'd be happy to go ahead and have one of my pylons with the Kar'fi pose for Klingon Granny if she's getting the muscle car ship. I just have to verify a couple of things for the Kar'fi(doll it up, make it look pretty, you know how it is). I'm terrible at playing around with screenshot stuff, so I'll let Klingon Granny mess with those particulars. I just have to hope she doesn't step on the gas, and accidentally back into my ship while snapping a pic.

What??? You mirror the Hubby talking about the garage door. And it has been 18 years in this house and I have NEVER hit that garage door with my Honda.

The ship is unlocked but have not had time to collect said ship on my Toons, much less switch over to it. Sorry! I have to get back with you.

How long do I have??? 17th, holy crapola! That's next week!

• lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
      edited January 2019
      0JVH6jS.jpg

Seriously, after all this time things like this keep on happening?
      Q9BWcdD.png
    • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
      lopequil wrote: »
      0JVH6jS.jpg

Not sure I understand what you mean, but my personal opinion finds the artistry of this composition to be lacking.
      GrWzQke.png
      Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
      Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
      Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
      ----> Contact Customer Support <----
      Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
      Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
      Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
      Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
      0JVH6jS.jpg

Not sure I understand what you mean, but my personal opinion finds the artistry of this composition to be lacking.

The fact that the ship is HUGE in sector space is the issue there, as far as I see. Other than not using the right /screenshot that removes the UI.
    • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
      Other than not using the right /screenshot that removes the UI.

Actually I did that purposefully so you could see how close the other ships were (it's not forced perspective) and so you could see what I decided to call the ship.
      Q9BWcdD.png
      edited January 2019
      There is a post in the bug report section....This post is for the screen shot contest.
      @baddmoonrizin I am not sure if this stuff can be moved around. You know the off topic stuff including this one.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1245934/fekihri-storr-warship-massive-up-sizing-in-sector-space

Other than not using the right /screenshot that removes the UI.

Actually I did that purposefully so you could see how close the other ships were (it's not forced perspective) and so you could see what I decided to call the ship.

I have a similar screenshot in "The STO Amusing Moments Picture Thread" I have my Connie parked right next to someone's S'torr.
      Ah! So, as I suspected, it has nothing to do with this contest. If you'd like to file a bug report, please do so in the appropriate subforum and not derail this thread. Thank you.
      GrWzQke.png
      yea seems like it went a "bit" off-topic ^^

hope we will see more awesome screenshoots soon:)
      I don't think @baddmoonrizin realizes this it the place for posting screen shots for the contest. You may want to send a DM to him.

Yes, I do realize that this thread is for posting screenshots for the contest. But I also realize that the screenshot I was referring to isn't meant as an entry for the contest, and rather a complaint about the oversized sector space bug with the ship.
      GrWzQke.png
    • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
      edited January 2019
      Perhaps people can work around the issue and still make a good screenshot in sector space.
      I want to find a secret location to take my screen shot.
      I, also have to change my character into his S'Torr...

I hope I can get this done.

I want to find a secret location to take my screen shot.
      I, also have to change my character into his S'Torr...

I hope I can get this done.

just do it :D
      felisean wrote: »
      just do it :D

I did it.

I even tried it with "/renderscale 2"....OMG, THAT really slowed down my computer. There would be no way to do a battle shot in renderscale 2 on my computer. I couldn't even type in chat!!!!

than you might wanna just take the screenshot with /renderscale 1 instead ;)
      edited January 2019
      Awwww... all my pictures are too weird compared to everyone elses. LOL!

My Hubby thought I should get a picture without @ichaerus1 in them, because the contest was for S'Torr, my ship. The other Fek ships were throwing it off. I had a good title for group picture, too: "Hel Rains Down"

Here is the one for the Contest. https://imgur.com/1hZvcEW

For your enjoyment, you can take a peek at all of the screen shots I took in this folder here: https://imgur.com/a/qtBaGKh

OH and on IMGUR you have to click on the picture to zoom.

This discussion has been closed.