test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How does Dry Dock work exactly?

dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
I read up on Dry Dock here, but some of my questions are not answered: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9610473-star-trek-online:-dry-docking

1) When I re-activate a ship that is in Dry Dock, will it come back with stock equipment like new ships do?
2) can I swap a Dry Docked ship with an active ship with a single click or is it a manual process?
3) What is the purpose for keeping a ship in Dry Dock? Do I get to use any perks that came with the ship?

Thanks,

Comments

• dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    How do I know if a ship can not be reclaimed?
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    dratikus wrote: »

Usually the only way to know is to check when you get the ship, if you are in doubt.. Don't delete it, dry dock it...

Which ship is it? Maybe I can find out.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

If the ship is obtained through the C-Store or unlocked via an Event like the Summer/Winter Event, then it can be reclaimed at will. These will be obtained through some type of in game store with no cost after the initial unlock.

If it's a Lobi Ship, A Lock Box Ship, the Fleet Version of a C-Store ship, or a ship bought for Dilithium through the ship vendor then it cannot be re-claimed. If it's dismissed, you will keep it's admiralty card, but the ship is gone for good.

If you have received the ship from a 3rd party like the Wizkids Archon Promo, then it probably came with a code that unlocks it for claim from the C-Store, that puts it in the reclaimable category.

I think that covers pretty much all the ways to get ships.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Hmmm... let me give a bit of background... I started playing in 2010 with the "open beta" release. I played on and off until about 2013. I just started playing again last week, and honestly I do not remember where I got my ships from. Some of my ships were the freebies they give you as you level up. Some were bought from the shipyard. But - here's the confusing thing... Is there really a different between buying a ship from the actual C-Store and buying that same ship from the shipyard? Both are purchased with zen, can they both be reclaimed?

So much has changed in the game, and there are so many T6 ships available now that I wanted to try, so that's why I am trying to figure out this dry dock. Another thing too is, over time I had spent money on the look of the ships, so dry docking them removes those - can ship customizations be saved and re-applied? I'd hate to lose those, but probably not as much as losing whole ships.

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    But - here's the confusing thing... Is there really a different between buying a ship from the actual C-Store and buying that same ship from the shipyard? Both are purchased with zen, can they both be reclaimed?

Any ship purchased with Zen can be reclaimed either from the C-Store or the Ship Yard. The only ships from the Ship Yard that cannot be reclaimed are the ones purchased with Dilithium or Fleet Modules/Credits.
    Insert witty signature line here.