test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ground & Pound or Leave???

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Mortars are a fairly safe bet as they ignore line of sight allowing them to be dropped off out of the way but still in range and using a drone as spotter. They are also able to shoot at those enemies which glitch into walls or other scenery blocking progress.

Whats the cooldown and cast speed like on those fekhiri modules? The fire you get from the gamma mission takes way too long to cast for it to be of any real use. A 3sec cast time for mobs that die in half the time is just a waste of a gear slot.
    Three new Kit Modules will be made available with this year’s Event:
    Torment of the Underworld
    Torment the primary target with torturous visions of the darkest underworlds. The illusions and psionic impressions of this are strong enough to also affect allies of the foe unfortunate to be caught in its area of influence. All affected enemies will suffer periodic psionic damage while also having their damage output reduced.
    After my modifiers from skills and gear, this one's recharge is around 11 seconds, Instacast.
    [qCollective Nightmares
    Enemies affected by the device will be confused, vulnerable and unable to differentiate friend from foe due to cerebral sensory interception. Adding to the sensorial confusion, some humanoid enemies will appear as Fek’Ihri by way of psionic perception inhibitors. This ability only affects living foes, and cannot interfere with electronics or other forms of artificial life.
    CD is around 23 secs or so. It's quick but not quite instant.
    Ravaging Barrage
    Harass foes in a forward cone with periodic pulses of psionic energy. The strength of these pulses is enough to force foes off their feet, and those knocked prone may find themselves unable to stand for a short period of time.
    MEh damage vs single targets, but vs mook swarms it's really nice. cooldown is 15 sec-ish. This one kinda forces your character to stop using other abilities, you can move but not activate other powers while the effect is active.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I don't know..... Collective Nightmares....sounds funny as hell. LOL!
    I bought that one for everyone of my characters. Well, except the new ones...they don't need them, not high enough level anyways.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Nightmares IS really funny. :D Especially on Devidians since they stay all ghostly, but change shape. The damage resist debuff is really useful on big enemies.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    > @ilithyn said:
    > @tacticoolfugga#9235 @powskier Could you both stop being TRIBBLE in the game? If you don't want to do the content, stop doing random. No one is forcing you to hit that button. If you do, suck it up and play what you get, and stop being a narcissistic TRIBBLE.

I’ll play however I want to and no one will force me to play what I don’t. So suck it up until something changes.
    edited December 2018
    Nightmares IS really funny. :D Especially on Devidians since they stay all ghostly, but change shape. The damage resist debuff is really useful on big enemies.

Hmmmmm.... I see....What Lies Beneath....in my future.....
    Uh....is that one of the missions missing from the...uh....Mission Journals????

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Hmmmmm.... I see....What Lies Beneath....in my future.....
    Uh....is that one of the missions missing from the...uh....Mission Journals????
    It's not exactly missing... but you may need to have someone share it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    patrickngo wrote: »
    My KDF Cardassian was able to run it from the "Available" tab. (she was newly made AFTER the journal revamp).

Aw goshdingit....I may have to go fetch that kit mod on my level 12's after all. LOL!

• ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    > @ilithyn said:
    > @tacticoolfugga#9235 @powskier Could you both stop being TRIBBLE in the game? If you don't want to do the content, stop doing random. No one is forcing you to hit that button. If you do, suck it up and play what you get, and stop being a narcissistic TRIBBLE.

I’ll play however I want to and no one will force me to play what I don’t. So suck it up until something changes.

@tacticoolfugga#9235 Okay, you're determined to be an TRIBBLE then. (Flaming comments removed. - BMR) If you don't want to do the content, don't hit random. Just TRIBBLE queue up for what you want to play. You want the rewards I assume, but don't want to do the work unless your entitled TRIBBLE feels like it can deign to do so.
    So I repeat, STOP PLAYING RANDOM IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PLAY RANDOM! If you only have some queues you want to play, queue for them. The only thing in this game that needs changing is entitled TRIBBLE attitudes like yours.

N.B. TRIBBLE like you are the people who makes me wish the leaver penalty was both account wide and exponentially increased with each time you left. Might teach you some manners since your parents clearly failed to do that.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    The problem with Cure ground is it is a total slog due to the map being so large, so much distance, it is bad for a "quickplay" of Random TFO. Infected Ground is faster paced, and does not feel like a slog because you are generally in combat 90% of the time. I have not got Khitomer yet on it, yet I think it requires more teamwork during the separate rooms/cores but less work than the transformers in Cure.

But all 3 are longer than the newer ground ones, because they were designed for Endgame back before we had reputation and Borg were top of the hill for enemies. Had both ground and space for the whole thing. I had in past year and a half played the Infected on my Klingon that had the original mission still, and realized I missed that space portion(---had optional/required space thing for securing the 3 Nanite Generators around the Transwarp gate.) Special_Task_Force_-_Infected_01.jpg A Video, hard to find such anymore but eh... https://youtube.com/watch?v=hUpuTUOooYo

Also don't know if Khitomer still ties into the tutorial for Feds in terms of story since they broke down the thing.
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    My main is a engineer and i don't have any issues with being able to play the ground maps. I have issues with players with there heads in the cloud and clew less with no desire to learn anything but shoot to kill and bail if that don't work to solve everything.

In any case i carry in my inventory 7 different ground sets and over 20 different modules so i can adapt and run with any mission i come to in random. Granted i had to pay for the extra inventory space to carry them but its something i would say is worth it, and needed if you intend on hitting that random button. Otherwise leave it alone and direct q as its not fair to drag your team down and make them carry you. Neither is it fair to abuse other players to simply bail on them.
    To be or not to be: B)
    edited December 2018
    In any case i carry in my inventory 7 different ground sets and over 20 different modules so i can adapt and run with any mission i come to in random. Granted i had to pay for the extra inventory space to carry them but its something i would say is worth it, and needed if you intend on hitting that random button. Otherwise leave it alone and direct q as its not fair to drag your team down and make them carry you. Neither is it fair to abuse other players to simply bail on them.

How about going over what those 7 different ground sets are...and which of the 20 different modules you find most effective on Engineers?? And what does it mean for you when you "adapt" your kit modules? That would be most helpful. :)

i keep 23 extra modules in my bank i don't carry every where but i keep the com code to have bank access on the ground if i need access to them. I have a total of 31 modules counting the 5 active ones in my kit. The sets are omega, maco, counter command, Romulan navy, Iconian, delta, Dyson. As to what the modules are and what i find use full is dependent on the mission. If i need to bunker down in a fight i have a beam turret, a biotech turret, medical generator, neutronic mortar, and photonic barrier. If i need to keep on the move i have methuselah drone, nomad, echo papa 607 killer drone, Stasis drone, Seeker drone. and as a eng the support drone. In short i have almost every universal mod from every lockbox most engineering only mods and if needed i can access any of the intel, command, miracle worker, or temporal operative mod's.

What i mean by adapt my mods is i can change them to compliment any group i find my self in regardless of needing mobility, bunker, support, or offence. so between my options in modules, reputation sets, specialization witch is something i cant swap once in a mission sadly. complimenting duty officers, and Having all reputations to level 6 for the upgraded traits i find i am decently prepared. I am not invincible by any means but i can take elite tactical drones in advanced tfo's beating on me and not be effected by them leaving me free to concentrate on my team and helping them.

And it don't hurt depending on my kit setup with all procs and a few items going off i can go from one player doing damage to 15 different items doing damage, and no that is not a random number it is the max i can possible hit with all procs working at one time witch happens more often than one would think. The average is between 6 and 8 items at any given time.

I am not sure if anything i have said here will help anyone it is simply my way i play the ground missions.
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    It is about randoms and scrubs, yet I have the luck to find a lot of decent people to randomly queue with.

Usually your carried a team of scrubs if - You only died, you did the top dps, even if you died, nobody else was even willing to show a parse at the end - or at least respond when you ask a parse.

The casuals and randoms are usually pretty active and pull most of their weight to a certain extend and they're mostly responsive. Scrubs aren't.

Even if it's bad mannered, when you get more than 2 scrubs in your run, you have a moral justification to leave the queue or abandon them due to their attitude.
    edited December 2018
    casualsto wrote: »
    It is about randoms and scrubs, yet I have the luck to find a lot of decent people to randomly queue with.

Usually your carried a team of scrubs if - You only died, you did the top dps, even if you died, nobody else was even willing to show a parse at the end - or at least respond when you ask a parse.

The casuals and randoms are usually pretty active and pull most of their weight to a certain extend and they're mostly responsive. Scrubs aren't.

Even if it's bad mannered, when you get more than 2 scrubs in your run, you have a moral justification to leave the queue or abandon them due to their attitude.

You guys...Patrickngo is right.

No...the answer is NOT leaving everyone high and dry because YOU are torqued off on the way Cryptic set up the RTFO system.

Change the subject into something helpful for all of us.

So....What do you feel they (***randoms and scrubs) need to know to make it a better experience for you?
    They may not even be aware of what they are doing that is not working.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

kaggert27 wrote: »
    The problem with Cure ground is it is a total slog due to the map being so large, so much distance, it is bad for a "quickplay" of Random TFO. Infected Ground is faster paced, and does not feel like a slog because you are generally in combat 90% of the time. I have not got Khitomer yet on it, yet I think it requires more teamwork during the separate rooms/cores but less work than the transformers in Cure.
    Back when Armek dropped the mission loot, I once failed to get mine because I had to relog during the Armek fight, I got in BEFORE Armek died, but running the length of the trench took too long and I got kicked from the map before I got there.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    I am not sure if anything i have said here will help anyone it is simply my way i play the ground missions.

Do you do this for your main characters? Or do you have different "go to" modules for alts?

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Unfortunately when they removed Modules from unequipped Kits, I ended up losing about 70 Bank Slots.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns

Do you do this for your main characters? Or do you have different "go to" modules for alts?

Mostly for my main. I have several different characters. I have 3 romulan fed one tac sci and eng. 3 main federation one of each as well. and 4 other alts 2 tac 2 eng.

Also 1 more fed i think science and 2 klingons but i never play them. I have less options on them as well i cant afford to stock them with all the options.

Mostly i provide them with a basic kit that serves most missions and on most i like to provide 3 sets of options mostly in universal modules and event ones. Right off the top of my head i cant pick many modules that stand out as a go to for everyone.

I like cold fusion flash, medical tricorder and reconstructive nanites on my science.
    Deadly intent, suppressing fire, and overwatch, and lunge for my tac.
    In general i enjoy using Harmonic Lure, solar gateway, fek'lihri chaos blaze, subspace rift, and crystalline spike. Why there are better ones to use depending on each mission and team these are ones i enjoy when i use them.

The ones that i give the most options to are my engineers i just like them better than the other 2.
    I have a variety of things on all my characters. Each character has a different default setup, but I have several faves that I use a lot. All my engineers have turrets even if they don't use them often. Some have special stuff like a solar gateway, or Crystal spike, etc.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    <snip>the answer is NOT leaving everyone high and dry
    <snips>

some folks are so pressed for time that eating a leaver penalty for thirty minutes is less painful than losing the reward for a missed optional on a fifteen minute run

communicate with new players

give a res during a fight

stick around afterward and give the new guys some pointers

It's on US as members of the community to help the new kids out

You want better players? you gotta build them
    +2 (that would be +1 to each of you) :smile:
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Spock.jpg

• ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User

You guys...Patrickngo is right.

No...the answer is NOT leaving everyone high and dry because YOU are torqued off on the way Cryptic set up the RTFO system.

Change the subject into something helpful for all of us.

So....What do you feel they (***randoms and scrubs) need to know to make it a better experience for you?
    They may not even be aware of what they are doing that is not working.

I usually find that being right, and being listened to, are often a mite mutually exclusive. (also that apparently some folks are so pressed for time that eating a leaver penalty for thirty minutes is less painful than losing the reward for a missed optional on a fifteen minute run. YMMV on that one.)

Is definitely expressing a specific point of view, usually held by the sort of people who would rather eat a penalty for leaving (or AFK) than contribute or, (horror of horrors) communicate with new players (or even more horrifying) stick around afterward and give the new guys some pointers (or worse, toss them some basic crafted gear to point them in the right direction, or give a res during a fight.) The attitude expressed is why a lot of people close the chat window entirely to avoid the inevitable storm of recrimination and insults when something doesn't go absolutely perfectly in a PuG.

IOW a fine example of the toxicity that KEEPS new players from getting better. *It's on US as members of the community to help the new kids out. if that's too much to ask, then you're part of the problem, and should probably never, ever, ever, do random by yourself, because you will always be disappointed and angered and frankly, your attitude is why the in-game community IS so often toxic.

You want better players? you gotta build them, it's one of those things you can't expect to just magically happen without you doing anything, if they're hard to communicate with you might consider why someone might not want to expose themselves to your venom.

Agreed. Set the standard, be the inspirational example. Sure, it's often a thankless job(just like it is in the Army), but it's how a community can be built. Especially in a social setting.
    edited January 2019
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    Agreed. Set the standard, be the inspirational example. Sure, it's often a thankless job(just like it is in the Army), but it's how a community can be built. Especially in a social setting.

Hey I got a nice thank you letter from the Batallion Commander for setting up and decorating the Christmas Party one year. I was "Social Director" in the barracks....violating the prime directive of enlisted everywhere of "never volunteer for anything".

++++++++++++++++++++

Anyhoo....I would like to continue with the convo about Kit Modules....eventually.

But having been sick....I am behind on my cleaning chores around the house (in real life, I still have to put Christmas up)....and I been more interested in getting my Winter Wonderland "fix"....before it is gone. Than concentrating on any other thing in STO.

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    One thing to keep in mind is that there are no useless kit modules, but merely situational ones.
    Since i enjoy engineering most of all i will try to write a short overview of the various modules and in which situations they are best used.

One module which has been slandered earlier in this topic, but has its use is combat supply.
    In space, but also on the ground many people seem to be obsesses with mere DPS while overlooking important aspects like keeping the team alive.

An engineer can do a lot of damage, but it is without a doubt one of the most potent team supporters and combat supply is a prime example.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Combat_Supply

In the age where "everyone" seems to have Mk20 double star gear (i know i am Exaggerating) having someone who boosts shields, armor, health, damage, or move speed is redundant right?
    Other than a few people specializing in ground, this area is still mostly unexplored territory for the majority of players. Most maps unfamiliar and most NPC new. In a situation like that the boost from combat supply is very useful.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Specialization:_Systems_Engineer#Combat_Supply_variant
    Other than mere support it can also be used for damage with a combat variant doff on duty.

So first snippet. Will try to get most done later. I encourage specialized tactical and science players to do the same in this topic.
    Post edited by questerius on
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited January 2019
    Oh, thanks, questerius, I was gonna open a new thread about this so everyone could share in a proper thread....instead of a whining thread. Not sure how many people would read past the original post to get to the good stuff.

I was thinking in The Academy section??? But maybe there would be more traffic in General Discussion for responses.

Oh, thanks, questerius, I was gonna open a new thread about this so everyone could share in a proper thread....instead of a whining thread. Not sure how many people would read past the original post to get to the good stuff.

I was thinking in The Academy section??? But maybe there would be more traffic in General Discussion for responses.
    Academy is technically the right place, and it'd be nice to have a thread devoted just to discussing favorite kit modules.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
This discussion has been closed.