test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Playing with friends

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I had issues earlier today of not being on the same server as my friend in my team. We'd both go to the same area & be in different "instances". It's quite frustrating when you want to play together. Most times, one of us leaving & coming back would fix it, but one of the missions would not let us in together at all.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you guys find yourself being in different instances, there should be text bellow your friend's name indicating the number of the instance. All you have to do is open up the map, and there is a Change Instance button right at the bottom. Indicate your friend's instance number and you're together :)
    edited January 2010
    Thats awesome!

I had no idea that option was there. Thanks!!!

Les
    edited January 2010
    You're welcome :)

See you in the game!
  • newbishbynaturenewbishbynature Member Posts: 1 New User
    I know this is an old thread, BUT--it won't let me post any new thread since I'm on a probation period?

Anyway, I am a brand new player with a free account. I specifically started playing as a new player with my husband, who is also a new player. We both want to quest together, but have been having trouble adding each other as friends because a message about "completing x,y,z quest" has to be completed before I can add anyone. But that's not true, because I added someone randomly that was in the sector and they were able to accept my friend request.

With that being said, what do I have to do to be able to play with my husband on this game before I uninstall it and move on?
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    If you team up with your friends, the game will always put you in the same instance.

Sometimes the game will even allow you into an instance that's already full, simply so you can be togheter with your team.
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    If you team up with your friends, the game will always put you in the same instance.

Sometimes the game will even allow you into an instance that's already full, simply so you can be togheter with your team.

Not always. Idk if the order we grouped up made a difference or not. We started out in different instances of ESD, and the Map would not let us move/transfer to the same instance. Some characters were not able to change instance at all. What we had to do was all of us leave that zone (ESD) and the group Leader would enter and they could bring us as their 'team'.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.