test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ZEN Store: Intel Assault Cruiser / Command Assault Cruiser [T6]

eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
edited December 2018 in The Academy
I have bought the Intel Assault Cruiser (Sovereign T6 - Archon Class) recently, not knowing that also a Command Assault Cruiser (Vizier Class) exists. Was that actually a bundle? Now I can't buy the Vizier Class anymore. It does show up in the Fleet T6 roster where I could buy the fleet variant for 5 fleet ship modules (which is too much of course because I only have 1 fleet ship module in my inventory). So why can't I see it in the normal Tier 6 ship roster available to buy in the ZEN Store? I do see the Intel Assault Cruiser (Archon Class) as "Available" in the ZEN Store.
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Update: I have been in the ship customizer and there I can't see Vizier as option (even not for ZEN unlock). When I am in the ship requisition roster, I see the Vizier as an option to unlock, but it won't let me buy it. It says "Variant Unlockable by buying the Regent Assault Cruiser Refit in the ZEN Store" and that's a ship I already own for sure.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The Vizier was a promotional ship that is no longer available. You can't buy it from the C-Store and it has nothing to do with owning/not owning the Archon. I am not sure why it's telling you to unlock the Regent, that sounds like a bug as the Regent has nothing to do with either variant. Either way, the ship is only unlocked using a code obtained from a Whizkids Minature promotion that is not sold through the C-Store. You would have to track one down on E-Bay or something and get the code that way. As far as I know, the Vizier has no special cosmetic options, it looks identical to the Archon, that is why you don't see it in the customizer. You already own all the cosmetic options, you got them when you bought the Archon.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    Yeah, I just looked up the STO-Wiki and it says "Star Trek Attack Wing - U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-E Expansion Pack". Great ... so why does it show up as a fleet variant then ... oh well, I guess if you wanna spend 5 FSM's on it, you can get it (with a different BOFF setup for Command I guess). I just wanted to get the console that comes with it, so I could get the Battle Cloak for the Enterprise-E ... and also the fleet variant for just 1 FSM.

Thanks a lot for clearing this up. I'll have to live with "just" the turn rate increase and the other bonus that comes with two consoles of three equipped.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Yeah, unfortunately.. there is no way to get the console outside of getting the Promo Item.

You can get the fleet version with the command seating for the ridiculous price of 5 fleet modules, for a single character, but that would obviously be a silly thing to do.

Sorry there isn't better news, this is one of those promo ideas that really just wasn't a very good one. Cryptic loves to take set items and place them behind limited events to permanently wall them off to those that miss the event or promo. It's a very aggravating practice and one they likely don't intend to stop anytime soon.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    The C-store version gives you the metreon gas warhead and Vent Metreon Laced Plasma ship trait. Which are ok. The best part is the battle cloak, but you do have to use up 3 console slots to get it. You can get it on eBay for roughly the price of a C-store ship. Unless you just love Sovereigns and have to have every variant, then you're not missing anything really.

The whole release of the Vizier was messed up. Nowhere did Cryptic advertise it anywhere I saw. If I wasn't collecting the Attack Wing game, I'd have not known about it till they were all gone. I just lucked into getting a code.
  • Options
    Okies, I see. Thankies for all your replies! I will look out for the Vizier then, maybe it's cheap somewhere.
  • Options
    banshirbanshir Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    As far as I know, the Vizier has no special cosmetic options, it looks identical to the Archon, that is why you don't see it in the customizer. You already own all the cosmetic options, you got them when you bought the Archon.

That's not true. The Vizier class is a unique skin. It's basically the Sovereign class with light blue trim and 25th century nacelle colors. Some forum users here have it in their signature.

Okies, I see. Thankies for all your replies! I will look out for the Vizier then, maybe it's cheap somewhere.

If you're serious about buying it, make sure it is the 2016 repaint. Otherwise you could end up buying the original which is just a miniature.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    banshir wrote: »
    If you're serious about buying it, make sure it is the 2016 repaint. Otherwise you could end up buying the original which is just a miniature.

Looks like below; has a big ol' sticker on the front.
    STO-Enterprise.jpg