test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Potential Memory Leak

cannibalchickencannibalchicken Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited December 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
As of the latest patch, I've noticed that while gameplay will start out smooth, over time it begins to stutter, and does so with ever-increasing frequency the longer I play. It doesn't matter what I'm doing and especially begins after a couple map changes. It became frustratingly frequent and disruptive while in the Dyson ground battlezone, so I checked resource monitor. STO was using 4GB of RAM (I'm using the 32bit client) steadily and commit charge was at about 70% after only a couple hours (which never happens with this PC). This doesn't happen on any of the other games that I play, and my friend who runs a completely different rig but uses the 32bit client said that he was experiencing the issue as well.
Post edited by cannibalchicken on

Comments

• jimduval#7537 jimduval Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    I have a machine out of 2017 on 64bits and win 10. Even for me the game eats a lot of ressources like memory and cpu, not enough to force me a reboot but enough to cause stutters and jolts while playing. It happend to me since the patch of 2 weeks back, or at least... that is when it become noticeable for me and forced me to check up on things