test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vanguard Jem'Hadar C-store, Xbox questions

To those who plays Jem'Hadar,

Has anyone forked over $20 for the Vanguard Jem'Hadar pack?
If so, do I have to start a brand new Jem'Hadar character to play as the Vanguard?
Is the Vanguard Dreadnought worth it for a C-store ship?
Is the Vanguard Dreadnought really available to any character, any faction once you reach Mastery 6?
(Just being sure because some things usually not as described on console)

I know we getting a free ship from Q but I'm interested in the Jem'Hadar too.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Has anyone forked over $20 for the Vanguard Jem'Hadar pack?

Yes.

If so, do I have to start a brand new Jem'Hadar character to play as the Vanguard?

You do yes. If you have a current Jem Hadar he/she will not become a Vanguard, you select it on character creation.
    Is the Vanguard Dreadnought worth it for a C-store ship?

This is somewhat subjective, but overall.. yes. It's a very solid ship, best used as a beam boat cruiser. It's layout is versatile enough to support most of the more popular builds and supports the Wingman Mechanic which is quite spectacular. It's a very solid and functional T6 ship. You won't set DPS records, but you won't be lacking for firepower either.
    Is the Vanguard Dreadnought really available to any character, any faction once you reach Mastery 6?
    (Just being sure because some things usually not as described on console)

Yes.

I have taken it to T6 and all my characters can claim the ship. I have Fed and KDF allied characters and all can use it just fine.
    I know we getting a free ship from Q but I'm interested in the Jem'Hadar too.

Thanks in advance.

In my opinion, the Jem Hadar Vanguard Dreadnought is superior to the free event ship by a pretty wide margin.

Considering that T6 ships are normally $30 alone, getting the pack with a good T6 ship for $20 is a pretty solid deal. I have not regretted the purchase.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • wraithknight#4461 wraithknight Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    @seaofsorrows thank you for your reply.

I'm struggling with my C-store Paladin Temporal Battlecruiser and my new Discovery and Jem'Hader needs a better ship.

By the way, If I delete and start over a new Gamma, will I still get the T5-U ladybug looking ship and everything I got before?

Also what makes the Vanguard better than vanilla Jem'Hadar?

It's good to see a C-store ship is actually decent since I read that lobi and lockbox ships are the better choices. Either way I gotta scrape up dil for 2000 zen.
    I just got the Vanguard Dreadnought last night and I'm glad I asked here first than at other web sites (others said it sux because nt enough tactical seats 🤦‍♂️), but doing my own search I found a video where a guy does over 100k damage with polaron build so I guess that makes it top tier for a C-store ship.

Will House Martok and Nausicaan disruptor build be decent for this ship? I know folks say STO made all types of weapons the same so it's based on color preference but on console certain weapons actually do different effects and DoTs if they proc.
    I just got the Vanguard Dreadnought last night and I'm glad I asked here first than at other web sites (others said it sux because nt enough tactical seats 🤦‍♂️), but doing my own search I found a video where a guy does over 100k damage with polaron build so I guess that makes it top tier for a C-store ship.

Will House Martok and Nausicaan disruptor build be decent for this ship? I know folks say STO made all types of weapons the same so it's based on color preference but on console certain weapons actually do different effects and DoTs if they proc.

I know House Martok is used on almost every disruptor build out there, so yes on that. Nausicaan Disruptor is a good one, the one you really want is the Terran Taskforce Disruptor Beam, it's basically the best beam in the game. Just load up on consoles that add to disruptor damage, beam damage, critical hit, critical severity, or grant firing cycle haste and you shouldn't have much trouble taking that ship through anything you want to run. It's a solid T6 ship.. a bit unremarkable but solid.
    edited December 2018
    What do you mean "unremarkable"?

Not to sound like a richard, but you said it won't set DPS record yet I've seen videos where it does well over 100k, do folks actually test these ships to Best of potential or unintentionally nerf them so their favorite ships won't be surpassed?

That being said, who else is enjoying the Vanguard Dreadnought with a few tips for different builds?
    edited December 2018
    What do you mean "unremarkable"?

Not to sound like a richard, but you said it won't set DPS record yet I've seen videos where it does well over 100k, do folks actually test these ships to Best of potential or unintentionally nerf them so their favorite ships won't be surpassed?

That being said, who else is enjoying the Vanguard Dreadnought with a few tips for different builds?

100k is no where near a DPS record. Current ISA DPS record is just shy of 600k, top scores are 450k+

100k is still WAY above what average players do though, 100k is an excellent parse. What I mean by 'unremarkable' is that it's a pretty typical T6 ship. It's a large, slow, beam boat cruiser. It doesn't suck, there is nothing wrong with it.. it's not 'bad' at all. It just doesn't have anything that really makes it special either. It doesn't have some must have trait, or some super powerful console, it has nothing to make it really special outside of the Jem'Hadar Wingmen (which are actually pretty good.) The console is better then average, the trait is well.. worthless.

100k is easily attainable with it, but it will never match the output of a ship with more tactical consoles that can mount cannons. All I meant was that if you want to compete for top tier DPS, it's not the ship to use. If you're just looking for a good, solid, T6 beam boat that can handle any game content.. it's a good ship.

This is the Polaron build that I am currently running on my Jem.
    edited December 2018
    @seaofsorrows
    Thanks again and my direct question wasn't entirely directed at you, I read at youtube and reddit where folks were saying not so nice things about the ship. We all know most C-store ships are as useful as a chainsaw on planet Mars (according to other comments around the web) but I just wanted to make sure I got a good deal because the Temporal Paladin T6 was nice and good phaser build but I couldn't find a "free" way to make it less squishy.

Reason I'm staying Polaron is to make up for the missing tactical console slot by getting a Lukari universal reputation console that has 30% polaron damage boost. I forked over EC to get a bunch of phased polaron packs (its irritating packs because it's random ground or space weapon and no omni 😫🤦‍♂️) because it has 10+ crit and phaser proc and lucked out eventually with 4 dual heavy Phased Polaron cannons and 2 turrets (i'm keeping the omni unless it's recommended to replace omni with another turret I got from "Home" reward) and I don't even need torpedoes.

As for records, I kind of knew 100k isn't the world top, because I've seen my House Martok - Nausicaan - Elachi disruptor build on my tactical Kelvin dreadnought do multiple 20k damage hits per cycle, I had to watch each damage because console has no way to record DPS. That being said it's hard to believe a 600k build exists. Where do we find that record and build?

For the note* I'm still not in a fleet and I won't spend anymore money so I have to rely on free in game equipment so I can't follow all advice and recommendations to get best basic builds.
    Post edited by wraithknight#4461 on