test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gingerbread people drop rates :(

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
Looks like the drop rates for Gingerbread people have been adjusted too low. In the past two years I have had only ONE drop with dozens of runs of the mission. So I'm done.

I only need two to complete my collection, and since they aren't combat pets or anything, I'd like to propose putting them on the Vendor to purchase with Winter currencies. That way I can still grind for them, but get the ones I want (or any at all for that matter. lol!)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I want Gingerbread and or Snowman bridge officers and duty officers. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    It took me forever to find the Klingon Gingerbread cookie man last year. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited December 2018
    The sad thing is, you can't even farm them on other characters because we can't trade them. So, I can't help anyone else. LOL!

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I want a T6 Snowconian Starship that can shoot freeze rays and gigantic icicle / snowballs in space.

However, I would settle for a Dense Fruitcake Projector Mk XII [3xShPen] [Dmg] [KB3] to use against Borgs.

:p
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    This is why I don't go after any Accolades that involve collecting stuff that is randomly generated at the point in question.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    I want a T6 Snowconian Starship that can shoot freeze rays and gigantic icicle / snowballs in space.

However, I would settle for a Dense Fruitcake Projector Mk XII [3xShPen] [Dmg] [KB3] to use against Borgs.

:p
    Dense Fruitcake Projector, would that use up all of Last Year's Fruitcake? Or the Rippleberry one?

How about a Trixian Bubble Candy Bomb?

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Dense Fruitcake Projector, would that use up all of Last Year's Fruitcake? Or the Rippleberry one?

How about a Trixian Bubble Candy Bomb?

Well, everyone knows in real life that no one actually eats fruitcakes and if you give one to a group of friends it will simply be re-gifted every year. You are likely to receive the same fruitcake re-gifted to you within a decade or two and it will still be "edible". Taking that into consideration, the Fruitcake (doesn't matter if it is Last Year's or Rippleberry) will be automatically transported back to the Projector so that it can be "re-gifted" to the next Borg.

Perhaps the Trixian Bubble Candy Bomb could be added as an upgrade to the Dense Fruitcake Projector to become a new secondary attack. Much like how there are real life firearms with a grenade launcher such as the M16A4 Assault Rifle which can have a grenade launcher.
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Last year I played it around 15-20 times and didn’t get one, so I gave up. Not going to play it at all this year.
    I love Fruitcakes. I don't like those with citron. Everybody knows that last year's Fruitcake is just as fresh as this years.

You do know that because of their density, their use as a weapon was strictly forbidden by the Treaty of Alliance. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    Last year I played it around 15-20 times and didn’t get one, so I gave up. Not going to play it at all this year.

So I'm not the only one.

Well, I hope Cryptic takes notice and either returns the drop rate to their previous rates or simply adds them to the Vendor. I'd prefer to see the later so players can work towards getting what they want verses praying RNG will be kind after a 100 or 1000 runs. :(
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Does anyone know how many varieties of Gingerbread man are there?

Wiki lists 6:

Gingerbread Man
    Gingerbread Woman
    Gingerbread Andorian
    Gingerbread Klingon
    Gingerbread Orion
    Gingerbread Vulcan

Is that it?​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many varieties of Gingerbread man are there?

Wiki lists 6:

Gingerbread Man
    Gingerbread Woman
    Gingerbread Andorian
    Gingerbread Klingon
    Gingerbread Orion
    Gingerbread Vulcan

Is that it?​​

Yes, that's all of them.

I ran the queue about 30 times on my Jem'Hadar this year, and got 5 of them, so that would be an overall rate of 1 for every 6 runs for him. However, from previous experience, the rate is very streaky, and it won't drop the same one twice, but it sure appears that it tries to. I assume that those extras are what gives us Frigid Lump of Coal drops. At any rate, getting the last 1 or 2 that you need could take a very long time.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Collecting the gingerbreads was fun because of the rarity.
    ltminns wrote: »
    I love Fruitcakes. I don't like those with citron. Everybody knows that last year's Fruitcake is just as fresh as this years.

You do know that because of their density, their use as a weapon was strictly forbidden by the Treaty of Alliance. :)

I think they last longer if you soak them in brandy or whiskey. Tastes better, too. :::giggles::::

It's usually rum. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • kidinthehall#2744 kidinthehall Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    This is my first year doing the winter event, so far I've got 5 out of 6. Just got the Andorian today and my favorite, the Orion over the weekend.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I haven't opened enough boxes to judge if the rate has been lowered. I'd say I got2 out of around 10 boxes.

The boxes can be traded...
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

This discussion has been closed.