test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Keep Getting Disconnected From Server

roman1229roman1229 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
for some reason I keep getting disconnected. everything will be fine and then it happens. no idea why. I have gotten a new monitor and am wondering could that be the cause. is this happening to anyone else?

Comments

• kleinroeschenkleinroeschen Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    here the same
  • joeykoricjoeykoric Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Doubt your monitor is the cause. I tried logging in. I would get to the character select screen and it is stuck loading and then get the message disconnected from login server please try again later. Tried logging in a couple of times and get the same results.
    Fleet Admiral Zach Caldwell
    Commanding Officer, Strategic Starfleet Operations
  • newbreedernewbreeder Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here, keeps disconnecting
  • captpraecaptprae Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Every time I try and select a character when the character screen first loads, it just spins for a moment then disconnects from the login server.
    Doesn't matter which character, it does it with all of them.
  • captmack68captmack68 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Confirmed. Making it to the character screen which has names but no character graphics, then disconnected from server.
  • dragunfyrdragunfyr Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Yes, same issue here. I thought maybe I had missed a Patching Update, nope. Servers seem to be messed up.
    Eu44IrT.jpg
  • rednecktrekrednecktrek Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Same issue for me. I got kicked off while playing and can't relog.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I am seeing the same.... but I get an error in a pop up window on the log in screen that says:
    ERROR: attempted to update skeleton with no Costume
    Line: c:\src\libs\WorldLib\dynSkeleton.c(6762)

I can not close this little pop up window as it keeps coming back up.
    Until I click on it multitudes of times. I can see the button colors changing in the log in screen in the background though.... So not sure what that means, different factions?

Why would the log in screen scroll through factions if I am not signed in?????
    And the program is not crashing....it is still there...just weird.

Before this happened I was flipping through my Low Level characters, one by one turning in some Winter Wonderland Commodities for GPL...since they don't have any. I got through 5. And was just starting on the Low Level KDF characters, when I got disconnected from the server.

Anyhoo...trying a Force Verify.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    I got on once & done the daily race at Q's WW then tried changing characters & got disconnected & now I get to the character loading/selection screen & characters won't load & get disconnected. STAR TREK OFFLINE
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
    edited December 2018
    Ok.... Force Verify completed...let me try logging back in.

Got to the character select screen. The names for my characters loaded.
    But the picture of the character with boffs and ships did not load...just spinning the wheels.

Then I was disconnected from the server shortly after this.
    So, I am staring at the log in Screen, again.

Poor program.

I am going to click in the password and see what happens....I am going to try to switch over to a Fed character before the character listing dies.

Nope...nothing still sits there spinning its wheels, until it disconnects and dumps me back on the log in screen.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • maxthedog5maxthedog5 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    If I use a proxy, it says it may not work right, should I use one
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    We're aware of the connectivity issues some players are having on all platforms and looking into it.
    I did a force verify, and it is patching, hope this works.
    Well... I guess, I will go work on my Christmas tree. LOL!

where2r1 wrote: »
    I am seeing the same.... but I get an error in a pop up window on the log in screen that says:
    ERROR: attempted to update skeleton with no Costume
    Line: c:\src\libs\WorldLib\dynSkeleton.c(6762)

@ambassadorkael#6946 I am not sure if this weird error is going to help anyone.

They are working on it.... I did a force verify and it is patching right now, and I believe it will work after its done. Does anyone know if I should use the proxy US.
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    We're aware of the connectivity issues some players are having on all platforms and looking into it.

Thanks for the reply Kael.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
    Hey, is this fixed? I got a few mins for lunch in WW.

This is OK now. I was able to play for about 45mins at lunch. Something must have lost power. LOL!