test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

can't log into captains

I get to the captain screen but when I try to log in on any of my captains the timer gets to 99.05 then disconnects from the server for no reason.
lHut1H2.jpg
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker

Comments

• norfolk57norfolk57 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    captw wrote: »
    I get to the captain screen but when I try to log in on any of my captains the timer gets to 99.05 then disconnects from the server for no reason.

Yes , i'm having the same problem too..
  • nexywolfnexywolf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I am having the same issue, along with Disconected from login server
  • rsciwrsciw Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Same. Characters don't load on the selection screen, then get booted back to login screen. In the case they actually do load up and hitting play, the following loading screen short after disappears and an error message pops up
    "ERROR: attempted to update skeleton with no Costume Line: c:\src\libs\WorldLib\dynSkeleton.c(6762)"
  • maxthedog5maxthedog5 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    They have an issue for sure
  • mechaczmechacz Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    You're better. Im getting stuck at ~98,x%.
  • ledemonqledemonq Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I can login but in the characters screen show the list but dont load any of them and get "server login disconnect" after a few seconds.
  • nexywolfnexywolf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Is it down for mantinance and they forgot to tell us?
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    Is your on-demand patching on? If it is, turn it off in the Options on the Launcher and then Force Verify files. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    +1
  • lee123458lee123458 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    im also having the same problem and isnt maintenance Thursdays ?
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Same problem here. This is getting ridiculous. There was no mention of a shutdown, I was just bumped and cant log back in.
  • mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Same here. Something broke. This might be a while before fixed I'm guessing.
  • zetkhon#3224 zetkhon Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I guess it is the same for most of us.
    edited December 2018
    lee123458 wrote: »

Usual maintenance is on Thursdays, unless it is an update for a season, expansion, or event then it is on Tuesdays. Also, emergency maintenance (which means on any day) can also be a thing depending on the item that is broken.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
  • rsciwrsciw Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Try the Proxy settings in the STO launcher. By default mine is set to None, set it to US, it gives me the same issue, setting it to EU however let me in. Logged out again and set back to none, and I get disconnects again, so set back to EU, and took a bit longer, but am back in again...

Would've thought that none for me at least would default to EU anyway...
    Something is broken on server side. My character is still in Azura, thats about 20 minutes ago.
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Is your on-demand patching on? If it is, turn it off in the Options on the Launcher and then Force Verify files. Thanks. :)

on demand was turned off a long time ago and I just did a verify just now and it's still doing it... guess we're back to Star Trek Offline.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
    lee123458 wrote: »

Usual maintenance is on Thursdays, unless it is an update for a season, expansion, or event then it is on Tuesdays. Also, emergency maintenance can also be a thing depending on the item that is broken.

or if there is a major bug that demands it to be earlier than Thursday.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    rsciw wrote: »
    Try the Proxy settings in the STO launcher. By default mine is set to None, set it to US, it gives me the same issue, setting it to EU however let me in. Logged out again and set back to none, and I get disconnects again, so set back to EU, and took a bit longer, but am back in again...

That worked. Thx.

Work for me too. THX

• arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I got on once & ran the daily race at Q's WW then went to change characters & got disconnected & now everytime I try to log in I get to the Character loading/selection screen the characters won't load & I get disconnected. STAR TREK OFFLINE
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • mrsoup2012mrsoup2012 Member Posts: 4 Arc User

My on-demand patching was on and turning it off plus verifying did nothing.

This worked for me also. When set to none it fails to even load characters before disconnecting, when set to US it makes it past the character selection and then endlessly loads. Set to EU and logged in fine.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    We're aware of the connectivity issues some players are having on all platforms and looking into it.
    After several attempt it no longer works. setting the proxy to EU freezes the game and when on none I can't go further than the character screen. Craptic is most likely working on the back end without caring about the consequences. Nothing new.
  • cosmodiumcosmodium Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I just spent real money to grab some Zen and get back into this game so I could show my nephews. It's ridiculous. I'm done. It's a ripoff.
    We're aware of the connectivity issues some players are having on all platforms and looking into it.

seems like you guys and gals got it fixed logging in normally now :smile:
    lHut1H2.jpg
    edited December 2018
    cosmodium wrote: »
    I just spent real money to grab some Zen and get back into this game so I could show my nephews. It's ridiculous. I'm done. It's a ripoff.

Games can have problems, servers can go on the fritz. Please give it another try. It is not a ripoff. You are overreacting. Thanks. :)