What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tardigrade Adoption Agency!

Comments

• qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @qqqqii said:
    > Couldn't choose "All Gorn puns are block-worthy, chat-spam garbage."

I'll take Gorn puns over politics any day.

Why choose? Block both. :)
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael#6946

That link opens to a blank page for me.

Try using Chrome browser. Not sure what browser you're using, but IE doesn't seem to load the actual survey.
  • themightyjingles#7565 themightyjingles Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Nice marketing mailing list bait.
    qqqqii wrote: »
    @ambassadorkael#6946

That link opens to a blank page for me.

Try using Chrome browser. Not sure what browser you're using, but IE doesn't seem to load the actual survey.

Worked fine on edge for me. Firefox too.
    Nope. Sorry. I'm not THAT mighty jingles.
  • samborski#4611 samborski Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Well, perfect.. I am dumb as a box of rocks and get the Smarty Tradigrade thing (it's so ugly, gggg)?!?!?! Although, as they say, opposites attract each other... What is this even all about??? Is it a very early/ late April fools' joke, a FBI survey on how to best scrub my brains free of communism/ circumvent protective, anti-brainwash tin-hats, a promo-campaign for some weird sto-app no one ever wanted or asked for, you know that "Talking Tom" style stuff (I am so ashamed for knowing that, that was once a thing, and a pretty popular one at that. I OBVIOUSLY never ever installed or even used it... silly... I would never engage in such activities... :'( ). Seriously though, I AM SO CONFUSED BY THIS!!! Why??? Why does this exist??? Please explain!
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Not sure if this adds any value to STO, besides an amusing distraction, but darn cute & okay fun too.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I Got Smarty Tardigrade!
    Smarty lives up to her name in every aspect - she's not just our smartest Tardigrade, she might be the smartest being here!
    Yay?
    Me too.

Yup! Smarty for me!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Nice marketing mailing list bait.
    Due to the new GDPR laws they cannot use the email for marketing mailing list without a high risk of receiving a very large fine. They are no longer allowed to without explicit clear consent to use our personal information for anything other then what we agreed with. As there was no agreement on sighing up for them to use personal information for anything else they cannot use our information for anything else. If they do legally they are in a very bad position and will get reported and most likely fined.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    5c01a9be8faaa-Arty.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJQENZWM3WVIJKG2A&Expires=1547077481&Signature=sGvmQcI8ClkCYIqt1xP2rm6XUeg%3D

I got an Arty Tardigrade! :)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    I got the Party Tardigrade!

Must have been the brewsky I chose to replicate!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    It made me think of the Facebook games that my neices and nephew used to play, like NeoPets.

I'll pass until some questions raised so far, such as who is the third-party group/people are involved and is there a catch to this?

Edit: Just noticed at the bottom of the page: "This promotion is managed by Star Trek Online". Hmmmm, this still makes me curious.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Quick heads up: The emails are being collected only by Perfect World, and ONLY for sending out the Tardigrade email updates. They'll never be used for anything else.
  • hamishmacdoogalhamishmacdoogal Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I was assigned an "Arty" creature. Probably because the systems defaults to "eclectic" if the checkbox selections are too obscure. Anyways, I enjoyed getting the "Arty" tardigrade - it was delicious.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Eh, it just looks like a website so that companies can manage everything from e-mail lists, social media and handle/process various promotions from one place.

Boy, if ever a company needed this.....it's Cryptic.

https://woobox.com/
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    First Duncan Idaho doodle for your new huggle bugs:

1viK674.jpg
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • malaproposmalapropos Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Quick heads up: The emails are being collected only by Perfect World, and ONLY for sending out the Tardigrade email updates. They'll never be used for anything else.

Thank you for the clarification on that. :)

I'll admit that I'm still pretty much in the 'meh, whatever' camp when it comes to all things Disco, but it's kind of fun to just click through on random quizzes, so long as it's not going to lead to spam.

Keeping with the spirit of the thread though...
    5c01aa76c65ff-Smarty.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJQENZWM3WVIJKG2A&Expires=1547082209&Signature=S4hFoWpjxN7gh1yQTU6KkPcxSfU%3D
    You Got Smarty Tardigrade!

• nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I'm sure it is wrong to feel so, but I want an immediate battle-to-the-death between these Tardys, Alvin & the Chipmunks, & the TMNT.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    I'm sure it is wrong to feel so, but I want an immediate battle-to-the-death between these Tardys, Alvin & the Chipmunks, & the TMNT.

LOL! Funny!

+++++++++++++++++++

Smarty is kinda cute. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    "Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited December 2018

too late...
    You Got Lieutenant Tardigrade!

This bold, brave and businesslike Tardigrade made his own Starfleet Uniform, and loves to parade around in it, playing Captain of his own little ship. We'll send you your first update on how the Lieutenant is doing soon!
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    (response to redacted post removed) - darkbladejk
  • hibnithibnit Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    > @qqqqii said:
    > Couldn't choose "All Gorn puns are block-worthy, chat-spam garbage."

I'll take Gorn puns over politics any day.

Gorn phishing.
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Question can you do the test again in order to try and adopt a different kind? When I did the test, I got the party one. But I'm not sure, is this event where the one that wins the most through all the tests is the one handed out to the player base or whats the deal here? Seems interesting.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    val#9932 wrote: »
    Lieutenant Tardigrade for my crew.

yeah. +1 Same for me on my 'real' attempt.
    Did go back and get them all after that.

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User

Never say never where $ is concerned.
  • kdb81kdb81 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    party on my ship it seems
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    If you are going to run a promotion asking for email addresses you should be being a bit clearer up front how you will use the personal data that people provide through this. An email address is personal data under data protection law, and not being clear how you will use it isn't exactly great practice.
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    What is the point of this? Are we gonna get an ingame pet reward? Or is this all just some out-of-game stuff?
    Too little infomations, please add more.

Not exactly sure what the point of this is either.

Is it just something outside of the game that simply ties in and will have zero effect in the game for my characters? If so, I think I'll pass.

If this is just a way to get people to give up their email addresses, again, pass.

So I suppose until some more detail come to light about just exactly what this is about, yeah, you guessed it, pass.

...and this my friends is why I have an email specifically for things that will accrue spam that I can ignore

I got a Partygrade
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    2018-12-10_20_31_43-Window.png
    I'm pretty sure mine is a reality-warping pony in disguise. And I'm very OK with that.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1