test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tardigrade Adoption Agency!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Tardigrade Adoption Agency is throwing open its doors! Take our test, and you'll be matched with the Tardigrade that suits you best - and receive regular email updates on how your Tardigrade is doing!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11017413

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Tardigrade pets. Too rich for my pocketbook.....poor thing will get squished in with all the junk I hoard. Those things are giant!! And have to have special diets.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    I got an 'Arty'grade so at least mine wont be a killer one, unless i critique its painting!

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • val#9932 val Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Lieutenant Tardigrade for my crew.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    *continues screaming incoherently*
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • queenofthelichtqueenofthelicht Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I got "skipper" the "shyest" well I think it should be the laziest.
    You Got Arty Tardi!
    Arty is the most creative of our Tardigrades, and loves to experiment with new ways to express himself! We'll send you the first update on how your Tardigrade is doing soon!

Unfortunately, I never check e-mails....Tardigrade is going to molt.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    If you are going to run a promotion asking for email addresses you should be being a bit clearer up front how you will use the personal data that people provide through this. An email address is personal data under data protection law, and not being clear how you will use it isn't exactly great practice.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    What is the point of this? Are we gonna get an ingame pet reward? Or is this all just some out-of-game stuff?
    Too little infomations, please add more.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"

So, you got "Screechy Tardi"?

• malaproposmalapropos Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    If you are going to run a promotion asking for email addresses you should be being a bit clearer up front how you will use the personal data that people provide through this. An email address is personal data under data protection law, and not being clear how you will use it isn't exactly great practice.

Completely agree with this. Especially since the 'promotion' is run through a third party.
    Do they have access to the address, how are they going to use it, who do they share it with...

I've never been a fan of spam, but it seems like this could be a way to be bombarded with it.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator

Methinks he happy.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • happifichappific Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I got Skipper, shy, but most loving.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    What is the point of this? Are we gonna get an ingame pet reward? Or is this all just some out-of-game stuff?

Not exactly sure what the point of this is either.

Is it just something outside of the game that simply ties in and will have zero effect in the game for my characters? If so, I think I'll pass.

If this is just a way to get people to give up their email addresses, again, pass.

So I suppose until some more detail come to light about just exactly what this is about, yeah, you guessed it, pass.

Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • sig442sig442 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I tried training a tribble to eat Klingons, but it took too long for it to finish up. The ship started to smell real bad. So I would like a Tardigrade to join my crew, I seen they love to eat Klingons. It may be the ideal candidate for the job! It will be fed enough Klingons daily with some Hur'q for snacks.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    I Got Smarty Tardigrade!
    Smarty lives up to her name in every aspect - she's not just our smartest Tardigrade, she might be the smartest being here!

Yay?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Very cute idea!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I Got Smarty Tardigrade!
    Smarty lives up to her name in every aspect - she's not just our smartest Tardigrade, she might be the smartest being here!
    Yay?
    Me too.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @gazurtoid said:
    > If you are going to run a promotion asking for email addresses you should be being a bit clearer up front how you will use the personal data that people provide through this. An email address is personal data under data protection law, and not being clear how you will use it isn't exactly great practice.

You already gave them your email when you signed up for the game account you are using right now.
    This makes literally zero difference to anything.

Providing an email address is certainly required as part of the sign-up process as you note, but that only provides Cryptic with the right to send administrative communications to you about your account - things like security messages, confirmation of sales, password changes, etc. Providing an email address as a condition of playing STO most certainly does not qualify as consent for receiving subsequent marketing communications from Cryptic/PWE, which are handled according to separate permissions.

People are signing up to this promotion to receive emails about cute tardigrade cartoons. If suddenly Cryptic start sending you other communications, such as emails about expansions, zen sales, etc, then that is legally problematic.
    yjkZSeM.gif
    ::::giggles::::
    happific wrote: »
    I got Skipper, shy, but most loving.

Awwww :)

• robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    You Got Lieutenant Tardigrade!
    This bold, brave and businesslike Tardigrade made his own Starfleet Uniform, and loves to parade around in it, playing Captain of his own little ship. We'll send you your first update on how the Lieutenant is doing soon! https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11017413
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • risian6#1997 risian6 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Lol I have no idea what purpose this serves or what we can do with it, but it's pretty fun. The questions and answer possibilities were great :D
    Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)
  • risian6#1997 risian6 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    claudiusdk wrote: »

You ask the wrong questions.

First we need to know whether we will really get a Q boff to make him our first officer.

I chose him, just in case ;)
    Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • lexx#3142 lexx Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I Got Smarty He matches me
    WlH5L28.png
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Couldn't choose "All Gorn puns are block-worthy, chat-spam garbage."
  • messicrafter#6700 messicrafter Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I got Lt. Tardigrade!
    enjin-1234688-19630790-gray.png
    =/\= Member of Star trek Roleplayers and Former Foundry Author in training. =/\=