test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic Studios' 2018 Extra Life Event!

2»

Comments

• warhammeredwarhammered Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I donated and got well...nothing. *shrugs*
    It's just a little shame, since they usually give out a BOFF code or something during these charity events to everyone who donated, regardless of streams, etc. I think that's my only real issue: The context for giving something has been done for a few years, so changing it to some random drawing if you're there at the time is, not good.
    Yes, I know we shouldn't feel obligated to donate for a good cause, but again, the incentive have usually been for all who participated, and not limited in number.
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    I donated and got well...nothing. *shrugs*
    It's just a little shame, since they usually give out a BOFF code or something during these charity events to everyone who donated, regardless of streams, etc. I think that's my only real issue: The context for giving something has been done for a few years, so changing it to some random drawing if you're there at the time is, not good.
    Yes, I know we shouldn't feel obligated to donate for a good cause, but again, the incentive have usually been for all who participated, and not limited in number.

A reasonable assumption. Especially if in previous years they followed the same format as PBS pledge drive and other charity/fund raising events. Having a clear progression tier of rewards to donation levels. Something clear-cut and reliable. Random awards for participants could be something extra, done for good will, so some people who are promoting/participating might get something even if they didn't donate.
    A special outfit to promote/commemorate the Event, free to all would cost them not much, but would make a nice freebie for all who watched (or in my case tried to watch, as feed always cut out) and promoted it twice on my social wall, to draw in more people.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • warhammeredwarhammered Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    If a Dev ever wants to be gracious and give out say, one of those Leeta holo Boffs, we'd be happy to send our receipt from the event to you as proof. Just saying. *wink wink, nudge nudge* Oh wait, they probably won't read this.
    Still, I hope the event well. Looks like they almost raised the 5K goal when I donated Sunday afternoon.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Cryptic tried something new this year and I'm personally not inclined to try to argue against that for the sake of receiving a code for my donation after the fact. It's to a good cause, the rest is part of the spectacle of hosting the event and it was spectacular (if you didn't catch the Pathfinder stream or the Jeff-off....) They raised quite a bit more than 5k by the end (well beyond expectations, so its not like one can easily argue that focusing on the grand prizes and game shenanigans was the wrong call for donation strategies) and to everyone who donated I say...

PSQKM2d.png
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!