test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Platform Patch Notes for 12/4/18

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow 6/8 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. What time is this for me?
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• wirtddwirtdd Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Kael, one day you need to start typing and STOP copying/pasting! :p
    Bastet
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    lets hope that the swarmers are finaly completly fixed

and great that the pets (and hopefully npcs) are fixed now :)
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    All Reputation Equipment Requisition packs now stack up to 999 per stack.

So happy this is here :)

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    All Distress Call items have had their shared cooldown reduced from 15 minutes to 5 minutes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxAKFlpdcfc
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Is Tuesday going to be the new regular day for PC patches/maintenance? If so, I kinda like it. :)

As for the patch notes themselves, sounds good to me. Especially the "All Reputation Equipment Requisition packs now stack up to 999 per stack." Now if we could just get Fleet Provisions to stack like that too. Multiple stacks of only 100 take up a a lot of space, especially for Delta/Temporal/Gamma Recruits.
    Resolved an issue that would sometimes cause players to not be able to join the Winter Event, “Fastest Game on Ice”

Does this mean we finally can stop getting DQ'd if someone manages to click the "Start" button after we have already accepted? Not much is more frustrating with the Winter Event than waiting for the button to come up, clicking it and then having someone else come up behind you and click, getting you DQ'd before even being able to start.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    the best Updates always happen on a...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HG_Hx-0ulQ
    :smiley:
    For Killing time.
    dan-dare.org/FreeFun/Games/CartoonsMoviesTV/StarTrek.htm
    It's just a crummy Flash game. :/
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Not too shabby on the patch notes. There's a few well dones on the list. Now, let the winter grinding begin.
  • captmack68captmack68 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    The following Kit Modules are now Bind on Pickup, instead of Account Bind on Equip: Cryonic Pulse, Micro Cryonic Warhead, Cryo Visor Blast.

So ... the MkXV epic copies I've been sharing between alts are now stranded and bound to character wherever they were played last. While I'm sure there must be a very good (or profitable) reason for this, I have to be honest and say that discovering this made me angry enough to close out the game without playing this morning. . . . .feels like another item in a succession of things being taken away. Also, I've now turned into someone who complains about things in the forums ..... geez
    The Terms of Service for STO, which you had to agree to in order to even installthe game, specifically state that Cryptic can change anything at any time.

Of course they can ... or did you have a point to make?
  • kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    All Distress Call items have had their shared cooldown reduced from 15 minutes to 5 minutes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxAKFlpdcfc
    Seconded
    pxrx0pD.gif
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @captmack68 said:
    > The Terms of Service for STO, which you had to agree to in order to even installthe game, specifically state that Cryptic can change anything at any time.
    >
    > Of course they can ... or did you have a point to make?

My point was quite clear. Your complaint about this change is essentially farting in the wind. Utterly pointless, useless, a waste of metabolic energy used to type it.

Wow. Why does my being upset by this change trigger you? I didn't demand they undo it or ask for the time I invested back or any other entitlement rants.

I only expressed my opinion.
    In the forums.

Where else should I TRIBBLE into the wind, then?
    captmack68 wrote: »
    > @captmack68 said:
    > The Terms of Service for STO, which you had to agree to in order to even installthe game, specifically state that Cryptic can change anything at any time.
    >
    > Of course they can ... or did you have a point to make?

My point was quite clear. Your complaint about this change is essentially farting in the wind. Utterly pointless, useless, a waste of metabolic energy used to type it.

Wow. Why does my being upset by this change trigger you? I didn't demand they undo it or ask for the time I invested back or any other entitlement rants.

I only expressed my opinion.
    In the forums.

Where else should I TRIBBLE into the wind, then?

azrael605 has a tendency of attacking a person & whatever subject at hand being discussed if disagreed with, not sure why.
    No fix for DSC characters not being able to replay the Wasteland arc? Disappointing.
    This would also be covered by your, "The Terms of Service for STO, which you had to agree to in order to even installthe game, specifically state that Cryptic can change anything at any time." Either accidentally changed & not corrected yet or intentionally it falls under your beluved TOS of STO.

captmack68 had the right idea about expressing opinions.
    I was so angry about this change that I immediately shut off the game and abandoned all plans of playing today

While I'm sure there must be a very good (or profitable) reason for this, I have to be honest and say that discovering this made me angry enough to close out the game without playing this morning

Please quote me if you're going to quote me. You expanded on my statement quite a bit, there. Altered the tone a lot, too.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    A short period of warning about that change might have been a good thing to do on cryptics part.

Along the lines of we're doing this change in a weeks time, get your alts sorted beforehand or suffer mismatched gear.
    A short period of warning about that change might have been a good thing to do on cryptics part.

Along the lines of we're doing this change in a weeks time, get your alts sorted beforehand or suffer mismatched gear.

That would've been perfectly reasonable. Some kind of heads-up.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,246 Community Moderator

You mean, like something in the form of notes posted to the forum in advance advising players of changes that will soon be patched into the game? Something like that?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    What exactly does this mean?
    Adjusted Beta Quadrant and DSC Beta Quadrant so that it's not within the boundaries of a system door.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png

You mean, like something in the form of notes posted to the forum in advance advising players of changes that will soon be patched into the game? Something like that?

Yes.

I read the forums fairly regularly but the first mention I found of it was patch notes this morning after I had already logged in to discover the change. I've missed any discussions about this posted elsewhere.

I meant to express an opinion on a minor change, that was all.

A pop up ahead of time in-game might be more useful, if possible. Not everyone reads the forums. Seems like it's an important enough of a change to make sure everyone understands it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    No fix for DSC characters not being able to replay the Wasteland arc? Disappointing.
    It's not just DSC, everyone not Romulan. But it only prevents you from picking up the mission yourself. If a team mate shares it, it works fine, even if the team mate is a Romulan.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg

Wow BMR trolling & while technically true, those patch notes are not posted like clock work always, so the timing between the posting & the server take down can be too quick or long enough subjectively & that's even based on the assumption that all the players that will be affected by such a change has access to view the notes in time to be aware & change their account for the best. I think the idea behind that statement was to be given a heads up to where players could have time to react & resort as they saw fit, which is pretty reasonable BMR.
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User

My Discovery captain just completed the Wasteland Arc a couple days ago without a problem. You just have to get the mission from Franklin Drake.
    > @nommo#5819 said:
    > captmack68 wrote: »
    >
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @captmack68 said:
    > > The Terms of Service for STO, which you had to agree to in order to even installthe game, specifically state that Cryptic can change anything at any time.
    > >
    > > Of course they can ... or did you have a point to make?
    >
    > My point was quite clear. Your complaint about this change is essentially farting in the wind. Utterly pointless, useless, a waste of metabolic energy used to type it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wow. Why does my being upset by this change trigger you? I didn't demand they undo it or ask for the time I invested back or any other entitlement rants.
    >
    > I only expressed my opinion.
    > In the forums.
    >
    > Where else should I TRIBBLE into the wind, then?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > azrael605 has a tendency of attacking a person & whatever subject at hand being discussed if disagreed with, not sure why.
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > No fix for DSC characters not being able to replay the Wasteland arc? Disappointing.
    >
    >
    >
    > This would also be covered by your, "The Terms of Service for STO, which you had to agree to in order to even installthe game, specifically state that Cryptic can change anything at any time." Either accidentally changed & not corrected yet or intentionally it falls under your beluved TOS of STO.
    >
    > captmack68 had the right idea about expressing opinions.

firstly Nomo I didn't attack anyone at all I expressed an opinion about a pointless rant that's what it was not an opinion it was a rant saying things like I was so angry about this change that I immediately shut off the game and abandoned all plans of playing today that's a rant that's not an opinion it's a rant and I will express my opinion about other people's Rants anytime and everytime that I feel like doing so now on the other subject of me noting that there is still no fix for the Wasteland Arc Replay that is also not about a change made that's about a bug notice the Difference A Change Is intentional doesn't go away a bug is unintentional goes away that's the way it works that's the way it always works the way it always will work so as I've done for every patch since I started playing the game I do care about changes I disagreed with the changes to the mission Journal which I expressed I did not rant I simply said I don't like this change that's all I don't rant about changes no matter whether I like them or not I don't do anything of the kind expressing opinions yay go for it ranting. means that I'm going to make a comment about it because I'm going to express my opinion about about the stupid rant.

This, up above, certainly seems to fall under: "Utterly pointless, useless, a waste of metabolic energy used to type it." Perhaps besides your own self-important opinion & rant, just like we all can have, just allow the expression & consider others too. Take a deep breath, perhaps sit down, this might be a shocker, but yours isn't the only opinion worth expressing & if you Google "rant" then reread your own work up above it's definitely a rant & guess what that's great. I agree with you on the Mission Journal my opinion is it was some sort of busy work & it seems more convoluted now, but I don't want to rant on about it. Regarding the Wasteland mission(s) it is unfortunate & has a negative impact with little or no acknowledgment similar to these Kit Modules. Difference is one was planned but not given much notice really & one was ... accidental, but still not fixed.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    geezerpunk wrote: »

My Discovery captain just completed the Wasteland Arc a couple days ago without a problem. You just have to get the mission from Franklin Drake.

Can you replay them, now, too? I have not had significant enough time for the game since the patch to check all this stuff.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
This discussion has been closed.