test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This is not a bug report - how to disable arc defender please? (site arc defender settings removed)

How to disable arc defender please?

I don't want to open a ticket for this for some reasons and old ways don't work. (I don't have a full blown ARC install and the settings for enabling/disabling ARC defender on your SITE were removed)

Asking as, beside the "normal" annoyance, I recently thought it might one day hinder a re-installation/changing (or testing) of a client or a method of launching the game, as there are, on my system, full screens' limitations while interacting with brightness (re)calibration AND mail verification code which is needed at the same time, while focus might not be on the right window and might sometimes be difficult to be switched to the right one.

I understood it was a security measure.
To try to prevent people hacking and misusing my account if they guessed or otherwise gained/used my password. (I didn't give though) Assuming they don't have a knowledge let alone access of my email account, and in order to protect my account and what's within it along with my game identity and playability.

But only recently I've understood it might just as easily lock me out of this game
(recently played on different launcher's (was curious and legitimately checking something/possibilities/settings/preferred way etc... no matter. I know I probably shouldn't have, but still.) and boom was locked out of one due to such (unable to (re?)gain focus to type the code from my email), after I was managing to play by it too for a while),
-Especially as I currently have a non supported system on which the game works otherwise quite well (beside some brightness in-game calibration, lighting 2.0 issues - and potentially some full screen interaction issue on initial run phase, which might hinder new installs/switching of ways to run the game - cases where typing a verification code is needed) and not being a technical player ATM (my OS is new to me so for now I just use it and try some things slowly/out of curiosity and will try to focus more on learning it when I can) - a thing which may play a role with full screen issues and interactions. (and I had my share of annoyances with arc defender itself otherwise as well)
Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on

Comments

• rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Found a way - due to other snoven's post
    https://secure.crypticstudios.com/

It's not well announced...
    edit: though link appears on clients too nowadays, even non arc, I see.

Disabling account guard would 1. decrease security (at least assuming people who tries to break in sto and site, don't know your email address) 2. remove saved machines and clients, matters in case you one day wish to reenable it.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    [please delete this post. while it has its quirks it seems to be working now for clients at least.]