test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic Studios' 2018 Extra Life Event!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Cryptic Studios is participating in Extra Life 2018, with a special event on December 8th-9th! See the developers play some of your favorite games, and help heal kids

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11017343

Comments

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    @ambassadorkael in past years there has been a "everyone who donates $X will get this set of STO in-game items" part of the event, but that isn't listed in the blog. Is it not happening this year?

That's gotten me to open my wallet in the past. The giveaways for viewers don't interest me since I won't be watching the streams this year.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Bridge Commander =/= Bridge Crew.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    To be or not to be: B)
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2018
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Hey! Guess what, guys? This thread isn't about bugs or bug fixes. So, you're derailing it. Go to the Bug Subforum to talk about bugs that you want fixed. Thanks.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    (Trolling comments removed; user edited trolling of moderator comments removed. - BMR)
  • athan#5519 athan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2018
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Extra Life Charities parent company is called Children's Miracle Network. There is most likely a hospital LOCAL to YOU affiliated in this network of children's hospitals you may feel better about giving to directly.

Children's hospitals may not even be what you are interested in donating to at all....but the Devs are.
    Nothing wrong with that.

Don't take out your frustrations about the game and bugs on method they choose to use for fundraising.
    They (Children's Miracle Network) found a creative way to get Gamers involved.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Seriously, if you're not interested in the event or discussing it here, then take it elsewhere, because you're derailing the thread.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltsuuvokltsuuvok Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2018
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    (Trolling, discussion of moderation removed. - BMR)
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    To be or not to be: B)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    If you want to give directly to a children's hospital, another way is Child's Play - go to their site, click on the map, and you can see the Amazon wish list / gift registry for a hospital. The toys and games you buy get sent directly to the hospital. Go to: childsplaycharity.org
    edited December 2018
    They are actually going to play Star Trek Online at 10am on Saturday. THAT should be interesting.
    I bet they are in Winter Wonderland. Time to dig out the SNOW BALLS!!! LOL!

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    If you want to give directly to a children's hospital, another way is Child's Play - go to their site, click on the map, and you can see the Amazon wish list / gift registry for a hospital. The toys and games you buy get sent directly to the hospital. Go to: childsplaycharity.org

Nice info. & thanks for the link. As much as I think Cryptic personnel could/should be focusing on other STO things most times this is definitely one of those other times it can be better & help to focus on things like this. I'll try to view the STO streaming content.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Seriously people...the devs are doing something nice for KIDS who seriously ill and you all want to go a diatribe about the whatever minor thing. REALLY?!? So this is the world we live in now...great.

Agreed, some of you people have no class at all.

This is for a good cause, good for the people at Cryptic for doing this!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    Corporate involvement in charity is nothing new. The company I worked for had a program where many employees would donate a day's pay to a registered charity of their choice. If you want to give to a charity in your area it's usually best to forgo the middle man and send them a cheque directly.

In my own mid sized city and its surrounding area some major hospitals and other larger or more well known charities get relatively large to huge donations and it can be the smaller charities that are often left wanting.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    As I obviously can’t watch the whole stream what time(s) will you be giving away codes for STO?
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    FEED CUT OUT AT 4 MIN 23 SECONDS MARK. Are they live or dead?
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
    edited December 2018
    Darn it! Completely forgot this! I been out getting more Christmas lights, and returns, etc etc this morning. I just got home. Still too busy to stay on the computer.

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    during Captain Smirk's era, this event and donation rewards were more fun. i am disappointed
    edited December 2018
    I dozed off waiting for the stream to return. Took a few tries to get it to play when I came back. Watching now.
    I did promote this w/2 posts on my enjin wall. ;)
    Is 2:40pm PST/5:40pm EST Star Trek: Bridge Crew still on at that time?
    4073703.jpg
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
    facebook is a far worse mess than twitch is. I can't livestream through either as feed breaks, and I can only watch the recorded segments, which are fragmented, and suffer audio issue roulette.
    Neither one will even let me use chat.
    well I tried. I am gonna run to the store now then make dinner. Back to QWW after dinner.

I hope they raise a decent amount for the hospital. ;)
    4073703.jpg

I didn't have time to sit and watch....until last night, late. And they were playing a Magick the Gathering card game? I couldn't figure out what was going on by just watching...so I went to read a book. I was tired, anyways.

But my Christmas lights are up outside. :) Just need a few more tweaks.....

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    A collection of stream doodles made over the course of Extra Life day one. Thanks to everyone who's donated!
    During Champions role playing
    M7FWQlm.png

During MTG commander match
    Omv4MSP.png
    FIlyMeG.png

westmetals wrote: »
    I must have either missed the part in the feed, or misread the blog - it sounded like there was going to be a giveaway code for everyone, but it seems that codes were only given to donors.

I'm not really upset about that, but it could have been better communicated.

I'm not sure where you're seeing anything to that effect. In the blog, the codes were mentioned in the same pile of loot as the SSD, headsets, posters, and other physical goodies that can't possibly be given away to all viewers. In context, the codes were given away on the stream as part of random draws (not specifically to donors). Donations during the stream segments caused fun things to happen (ex. talking about upcoming content, helping dice rolls, playing with no hands, dancing, sponsoring a Jeff, causing opponents to draw cards) but did not interact with any of the giveaways. They also spent some time explaining these mechanics during each run.

What donors at or above $15 receive one of two special event pins (physical item) while supplies last.
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!