test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missions offering Foundry rewards prior to latest release no longer doing so

2»

Comments

• ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Just want to add that my own series of missions (Delta Mirror) is affected as well. They no longer seem to qualify for any reward as of right now, even though they did in the past.

If you could please add those to the list :

Delta-M1 : The Kobali Sovereignty
    Delta-M2 : The Vaadwaur Diaspora
    Delta-M3 : Seeds of Dissent

Edit : I just tried out the editor, and i am myself affected by that bug. I can't enter any text in any field.
    edited May 2018
    westmetals wrote: »
    I've yanked my only completed project - not because of any bug, but because the devs broke it by changing the ground map I'd used for half the mission and I can't be bothered to redo that entire section. (It didn't get many plays anyway, as it also had a ground start so didn't benefit from sector space popups.... they screwed me with that, too.)

I don't plan to complete my works-in-progress, either, since it now seems to me that no project will ever be "complete"... it will only be complete until the devs change something applicable.

I think that's regrettable, you could easily give it a sector space start, add a new map and just use that as your entering orbit or perhaps add in a few story elements. As for your ground map not working, I had the same and it pissed me off, but just add a new ground map and continue. Most changes to the game do not significantly affect the actual foundry content, just the delay in publication. This issue regarding not rewarding is a new one for me, hopefully someone will take a look because it is undermining how the whole system works.

"Just add a new map and continue"... yeah. Way easier said than done. The devs replaced the ground map for the system I used, and the new map has totally different geometry. Literally half of the mission took place on that map and would have to be completely reconstructed, almost from scratch. And even then, the mission would only be okay until the next time they change something applicable.

The sector space part... could probably be done... but without fixing the ending the mission would still be unplayable. I don't understand why they didn't set up Foundry popups for ground maps, though (mine started from one of the DS9 Promenade doorways).

I agree. I myself have no love for the idea of going for a stopgap solution just because of some repeated technical problems. If anything, i'd much rather put all my projects on hiatus instead and wait for a proper fix to be implemented, instead of resorting to cardboard cutouts and duct-tape.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    The devs replaced the ground map for the system I used, and the new map has totally different geometry.

Which one?

(not to get too off track here, we should keep this rewards focused, but would be good to know details)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited May 2018
    Did you get any feedback yet Duncan?

Not yet, I gave Kael the heads up today and was sure to include the list of missions we put together here and on Roundtable. I also mentioned a few other bugs that've been impacting the Foundry of late to make sure they're on Cryptic's radar (including text entry, location waypoints [found by another author too].) I'll update if I hear anything.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,712 Community Moderator
    Guys I have split the issue with keyboard from this thread to the best of my ability while preserving the original thread as much as possible. If I have missed anything feel free to let me know.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    Well, whilst this is back up in my notifications I may as well say that the missions that stopped rewarding are still not rewarding despite playing them enough times again to normally make them qualify.

This is regrettable.
    Update from Kael on Ten Forward Last week (paraphrasing): with ViL out they'll be looking into Foundry bugs. They know we've been having issues and they are concerned with where the Foundry is right now. The bug list I sent him (which definitely included reward qualification issues) was also received.
    Update from Kael on Ten Forward Last week (paraphrasing): with ViL out they'll be looking into Foundry bugs. They know we've been having issues and they are concerned with where the Foundry is right now. The bug list I sent him (which definitely included reward qualification issues) was also received.

Thanks for the update.
    3 weeks further on, still broken badly and no feedback from any devs. I know from talking to some folks that people are playing less and less foundry due to no rewards and them not appearing at a system where they did before. Foundry missions only pop up at the list of missions next to a system once they are rewarding, many that were there before are gone.

It's a shame that such an integral part of STO is ignored by the devs, they don't seem to understand that once the hype over the excellent new missions has died down and folks burn through them in a day they are then looking for new content, and that is the foundry, as there can be nothing else from Cryptic for weeks. I doubt they even read these forums for the foundry but if anyone does please give us a sign that you are aware of these issues and are going to fix them. Thanks.

What he said. Thanks.
    edited July 2018
    The response from Perfect World support:

Hello,

Thank you for the report. While we do apologize for the inconvenience, and will pass this along to our development team, we do not support the Foundry, and will be unable to assist you directly with this issue. Thank you for understanding, and please let us know if there is anything more we can do for you.

It sounds like we're in for a long (and possibly fruitless) wait, then. Shameful.

Nevermind. In the meantime, i'll make my own advertisement myself.
    Post edited by ashstorm1 on
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    Hi all,

Haven't been around in a while but I logged in yesterday after hearing about the qualification issues. I noticed by checking out my missions using the Top 3 system I saw that the estimated mission time was way off. Some of my longer ones (45m-1hr) were clocking in at 15-30 minutes.

I wouldn't be surprised if this timing issue is what's causing the problem

(sorry if it's already been mentioned I only skimmed the thread)
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • helixfungushelixfungus Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    zorbane wrote: »
    Hi all,

Haven't been around in a while but I logged in yesterday after hearing about the qualification issues. I noticed by checking out my missions using the Top 3 system I saw that the estimated mission time was way off. Some of my longer ones (45m-1hr) were clocking in at 15-30 minutes.

I got the impression that that is not the key issue, futhermore I suspect this issue is caused by some change in the
    "gold missions" algorithm. Many of my friends authors as me had almost all their missions axed down to red, thus out of the Top 3 system. As of now, this is acting for me as a powerful dragging down factor to even put the nose again in STO, not mentioning stopping any further missions development from my part.
    zorbane wrote: »
    Hi all,

I don't think we've mentioned it directly but if its an average timing issue then the troubleshooting roundtable and SRS did should have cleared it (our 4 long plays in one go, if the average was down then that should have helped.)

And an update for folks, things have been busy at Cryptic between ViL's launch, AOD, and now STLV but the rewards qualification issue IMO is a big problem for the Foundry and it hasn't sunk in our (Roundtab's) list of things to keep pushing Cryptic about. We'll make sure it stays on the radar and update as soon as we hear any updates.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Well, in the livestream tonight I noticed that my mission Darkness Between the Stars didn't qualify. So I looked and Fed-side the only one that DOES is B'Vat's Legacy. So does NOT: Greenside Infiltration, TAS redux, and Treasure Hunt.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Also both of my KDF missions: Diplomacy in the Gamma Quadrant, and Otha Patrol
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Update on this following our most recent downtime: still an issue, missions that were anomalously missing rewards (and therefore access to the top 3 system, killing their general accessibility) are still missing rewards. Let's try to keep this on the dev radar (Kael's aware of the issue but they haven't been able to move it up to dev time yet.)
This discussion has been closed.