test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Top Ten Things I want in Star Trek Online in the next 6 Months

124»

Comments

• slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    > @postagepaid said:
    > Until she got into uniform that was little more than a glorified ballet outfit not lingerie

I don’t think you’re thinking of the right episode, but she was full on nippin’ in what she was wearing. And! That sort of attention to detail would be appreciated in the STO version!
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    brian334 wrote: »
    I'd like to see the Antarian Trans-stellar Rally held as an annual event.

The map is there, it just needs to be made into a multiplayer map like Risa and provided with a few social accommodations, stores, NPC's etc. Heck, even the race mechanic is already in game.

Imagine a shuttle-centric event with shuttle-based prizes like racing engines and enriched deuterium fuel expendable items. (Hey, the engines might give a bonus for using the consumables?) And a shuttle prize ship for participating in competitive race events! Th Lobi Merchants will go wild.

and have random vaadwaur attacks.. and not shuttles.. dreadnoughts.. something that will REALLY challenge the playerbase.
    Spock.jpg

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    Han shot first Tee shirt for off duty outfits.
    Picard's Tommy gun
    Kelvin Sulu's switchblade Katana
    T6 Vo'quv and Karfi
    K'vort
    more clothes options for RR and KDF
    Spock.jpg

• asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Some more additions to both melee weapons, as well as modules that are useful with melee weapons. Right now the only career type that has actual melee oriented modules is tactical, though science an engineering have some modules that are useful with melee weapons like the mine field/bomb an the player center pulse modules too.

Also would be fun to see engineers get a console that brought down a faction specific mech like how some of the Voth can bring down a mecha they pilot. Give it some built in abilities that you can use, while disabling your character's other modules they have equipped while piloting the mecha. Or just as a event reward that gives you a different look of mecha suit based on career, and the built in abilities/systems would change based on the career of the character too.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Han shot first Tee shirt for off duty outfits.
    Picard's Tommy gun
    Kelvin Sulu's switchblade Katana
    T6 Vo'quv and Karfi
    K'vort
    more clothes options for RR and KDF

May get a T6 Karfi some day from the winter event...
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    • All-faction Mirror Recruitment Event
    • Independent Faction
    • More species for Romulan faction
    • More Romulan and Dominion-specific ships
    • More character customization options such as more clothing options like rolled sleeves, adding a "thickness" modifier to hair, and letting the complexion affect the entire body, not just the head.
    • Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    • Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts.
    • Tailor using a universal RGB color wheel type color picker instead of individual palletes.
    • Fully revamped and further fleshed out and completed Defera Invasion Zone
    • Ability to switch between your toon and your BOFFs on the ground.

Hey, I never said it was a reasonable list.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    1) through 10): Starship Trait account unlock
    > @smooshy#7462 said:
    > 1) through 10): Starship Trait account unlock

Kinda sorta already have that...

At least, we have it with being able to claim the unlocked starship traits from one faction on another faction if it's a ship that only one faction can use.

For instance, if you unlock a T6 trait on a Fed starship (c-store) and there is no KDF equivalent ship with the same trait, you can claim it on a KDF toon through the dil store.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • vampirialvampirial Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Nice and easy for me

1) More bridges for Rom and Dominion
    2) More outfits for Rom and Dominion
    3) A Full length coat version of Nemesis Reman outfit (like Shinzon's and his Viceroy)
    4) Full Scimitar bridge
    5) More Borg add on's for Borg Players, I would love to see the Borg Body suit added to Borg players too.
    6) *Edit* The Borg Weapons to have an Alt version that just uses them like an arm replacement. (the way the Borg do)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    asuran14 wrote: »
    Some more additions to both melee weapons, as well as modules that are useful with melee weapons. Right now the only career type that has actual melee oriented modules is tactical, though science an engineering have some modules that are useful with melee weapons like the mine field/bomb an the player center pulse modules too.

Also would be fun to see engineers get a console that brought down a faction specific mech like how some of the Voth can bring down a mecha they pilot. Give it some built in abilities that you can use, while disabling your character's other modules they have equipped while piloting the mecha. Or just as a event reward that gives you a different look of mecha suit based on career, and the built in abilities/systems would change based on the career of the character too.
    One of the hypospray kit modules actually buffs physical, melee damage temporarily. I wanna say Dylovene, but I'm not sure.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @markhawkman said:
    > asuran14 wrote: »
    >
    > Some more additions to both melee weapons, as well as modules that are useful with melee weapons. Right now the only career type that has actual melee oriented modules is tactical, though science an engineering have some modules that are useful with melee weapons like the mine field/bomb an the player center pulse modules too.
    >
    > Also would be fun to see engineers get a console that brought down a faction specific mech like how some of the Voth can bring down a mecha they pilot. Give it some built in abilities that you can use, while disabling your character's other modules they have equipped while piloting the mecha. Or just as a event reward that gives you a different look of mecha suit based on career, and the built in abilities/systems would change based on the career of the character too.
    >
    >
    >
    > One of the hypospray kit modules actually buffs physical, melee damage temporarily. I wanna say Dylovene, but I'm not sure.

I don't think it's dovoline, I think it's the other one. I could be wrong.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Dylovene grants +30, 40, or 50% Physical Damage Strength for 30 seconds, along with other things.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    A Dahar Master clothing option. So my Dahar Master can look the part if he chooses.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    It may have just been the costumes - I don't recalll to be honest, but eitherway it didn't happen.
    Although the female variant DID eventually appear on an NPC - Tam, who appeared as the Bartender aboard the USS Madison in 'Beyond the Nexus'. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Tam
    Lol, shows what you know. :p
    Ocampa_ear.jpg?version=8f66c7bb32bb9128a4b4259ee750d68a
    what? you never noticed Linnea was Ocampan? Yes, REALLY.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    I have to say no on all the ideas recommended. Plus who wants a T6 Oberth. Unless the enhanced plasma manifold is made better than what it is now. I LOVE THAT console.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    monodoso wrote: »
    Plus who wants a T6 Oberth.
    Well I for one certainly want one. :)

Some people have expressed wanting one in my thread so far.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1245126/t6-oberth-support-thread/p1

• grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    monodoso wrote: »
    Plus who wants a T6 Oberth.
    Well I for one certainly want one. :)

Some people have expressed wanting one in my thread so far.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1245126/t6-oberth-support-thread

I will give you that
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • lordpraesiuslordpraesius Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    The #1 thing I want is something I've been asking for probably around 5 years now: Console emote. I want my toon to be able to type away at consoles when standing in front of them or sitting at them. The animation is already there from the interactions with consoles and stuff, so how hard would it be to just add an emote to manually trigger the animation?
  • noemiecarnesirnoemiecarnesir Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    1) Alien character creator enchanced, with choice of any completion, covering the whole body or special body part like tails. At condition to unlocked the specie associed.
    2) Be able to mix match all clothes for captains and BOFFs.
    3) Be able to mix match all ships part owned for make the perfect looking ship.
    4) More species for recruiting
    5) complete space interior personalization
    6) More sandbox stuff (make and own station and colony, exploit ore, fight for get and keep ressources nodes).
    7) More exploration stuff (use themed procedural or foundry for fill every systems and planetes with maps).
    8) Make support and Tank roles more useful in mission. DPS must not be the only good way.
    9) fix all bugs and balance problems
    10) Give the possibility to join any faction, even "evil" factions
    It may have just been the costumes - I don't recalll to be honest, but eitherway it didn't happen.
    Although the female variant DID eventually appear on an NPC - Tam, who appeared as the Bartender aboard the USS Madison in 'Beyond the Nexus'. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Tam
    The key word in the post I quoted in my last post was 'playable'.
    I'm well aware of Linnea - but she is an NPC, as are all the in-game Ocampa.

And yes we can create Ocampa using the 'Alien' template, but fact is there is no ACTUAL playable Ocampa (in the same way we can create Talaxians or Vulcans etc) option.

And again, as per the pic I posted in my last post, those costumes never appeared either.
    Oh yeah, that. That was weird. Apparently the costumes were created with the intention of having players use them, but didn't get added to Z-store. You'd think they'd have been part of the Delta pack, but that's just the Talaxian outfits.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    The key word in the post I quoted in my last post was 'playable'.
    I'm well aware of Linnea - but she is an NPC, as are all the in-game Ocampa.

And yes we can create Ocampa using the 'Alien' template, but fact is there is no ACTUAL playable Ocampa (in the same way we can create Talaxians or Vulcans etc) option.

And again, as per the pic I posted in my last post, those costumes never appeared either.
    Oh yeah, that. That was weird. Apparently the costumes were created with the intention of having players use them, but didn't get added to Z-store. You'd think they'd have been part of the Delta pack, but that's just the Talaxian outfits.

I think the exact opposite is true. I think they made the costume pieces available in the tailor specifically so they wouldn't have to create umpteen bajillion playable species.

Things I want in STO:

I think the exact opposite is true. I think they shoved all the parts into the tailor under the Alien category specifically so they wouldn't have to create umpteen bajillion playable species for the game and still allow people to play most of the species they want, at least appearance wise.

Things I want in STO:

This discussion has been closed.