test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Redicolous download speed

Hello all,

since the update of the steam launcher to display only the % done. I have pathetic download speeds on a 100Mbit bandwith. If i check steam i download at 97.5 Mbit per/sec and here it is this pathetic 1.5 mbit stuff. I'm guessing it has something to do with the peer-to-peer stuff but this is just annoying. i have no way to bypass this nor do i have a clue why it went from downloading with 100mbit to this pathtic thing. But it has been like this since they got rid of the 100/1000 thing, if you know what i mean. It used to show you how mucth of how mutcgh you already downloaded.
And now i have to patch for hours on a ba ndwith thgat woukld do the job in 10 minutes. WHY Why cant i set in the setting that i dont want peer-tp-peer or something else to get rid of this. Or is it something else. Because i dont have to do the tests to knbow what my bandwith is i see it often enough.

Comments

• borgdp010#9382 borgdp010 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    got same problem here in europe/austria on a 20/5mbit line.
    no gameplay proxy server set.
    2.5h download and still only 80% of 2750MB patched?!
    3GB worth of data should be done in less than 30 minutes on this line.
    how to speed this up??

*Update 9:30 pm
    now 3h 30m of patching and still only 88%
    we will miss a day of phoenix in europe/asia just because the patching servers are lame!
    Post edited by borgdp010#9382 on
  • faherty79faherty79 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    like i said this has been this way for a while now, and i am considering not updating any more untill someting is done
  • gamesweetg#7900 gamesweetg Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    I'm experiencing this too with my 4GX mobile internet broadband. Everything else updates fine for my Steam client games. But for Star Trek Online. The patching is so very slow as a snail.

I wish they hurry and fix an option in the STO launcher to set how much speed you want it to patch it.
    star_trek_online_forum_sig02xGDhA_display.gif
    Federation Chars x5 inc. 2250 x1 & Liberated Borg x1 | Romulan Char x1 | Klingon Char x1 | 23rd Century Char x1 | Dominion Char x1
    Favourite Starship: U.S.S. Relativity | Favourite Series: Star Trek Voyager, TOS and TNG | Lifetime Sub | Favourite Movies: Star Trek Generations, Star Trek Into Darkness
    YouTube | Wordpress | Twitter | Facebook | Steam | Terraria Project |