test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet holding projects fail to appear to start after being filled.

syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
Some kind of bug where after filling projects they don't refresh or appear to start. Happening on both colony and fleet research lab special projects on fed. Dont know if it affects kdf too. Some projects dont even appear to be slotted when sloting them too but appear after donating stuff to a different project in fleet.

Comments

• rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Assuming it's like the refresh/update issue I saw,
    If in a place allowing this, try to go to your shuttle for example, this may trigger an update/refresh (there may be an update or refresh issue - unsure, and I tend to solve it by transferring to another map usually shuttle. There could be other actions which could trigger a refresh, such as possibly further actions such as further donation)

I don't know if it's a display issue or a real (update) issue and think and hope it's a refresh one.

A refresh/display issue was reported by others in various platforms such as PC and XBOX. It may have other effects/related issues (fleet permission and mail / invite right refresh possibly? empty name shown on initial invites? other projects' refresh? I don't really know if it is related or if valid at all, but mentioning this just in case) as well.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    It is a screen refresh issue. I am not sure what is causing so much lag on the UI in this game, lately.

This is going on in the Fleet projects as well as the Colony coffers, also, in the Exchange, and in DOFFing assignments. I am surprised there isn't a complaint about the Reputation Projects or R&D.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited November 2018
    where2r1 wrote: »
    It is a screen refresh issue. I am not sure what is causing so much lag on the UI in this game, lately.

This is going on in the Fleet projects as well as the Colony coffers, also, in the Exchange, and in DOFFing assignments. I am surprised there isn't a complaint about the Reputation Projects or R&D.
    I thought my post was including this as a possibly related issue alas, it didn't - probably as I forgot/forgot to elaborate :)
    So now saying, yes. I have the reputation delay issue too - not always and unsure since when. But indeed worth mentioning! It's frequent (though one has so many reps to fill so it's more "in use"/likely to trigger more at least once per day)

As for Doffing/R&D projects since having a new (not great but much better than the died one) comp and also a new OS, I feel less this effect (sometimes right on login things update a bit slowly though but after a little while this sorts out) so the Doff/R&D delay is rare for me now and actually I saw an improvement as said (can't compare on same conditions though since AoD since my comp died totally just around a month before that time and was almost unusable in its last weeks - yes, I squized some use from it while shouldn't have as couldn't buy new for some reasons.)
    The odd thing is: It does not happen EVERY time. That is what is weird.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »

I have seen it in R&D once or twice but not like the Exchange, Coffers, Reputation, and Fleet Projects.
    Many folks are reporting this to our admin in the fleet, both in filling reputations and filling and/or adding fleet holding projects. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes or more to actually appear. Serious delay indeed. Switching instances or even relogging does not always make a difference.
    Instead of login/change instance, did you try things like go to your own shuttlecraft/ship's bridge if not there

- or moving a map/zone (including from one holding to another or to its space map etc if not there) or leave ship's/shuttlecraft's bridge if on it, to trigger an update? Also I think a further donation for fleet holdings once you have your donation not updated, triggers an update, at least sometimes.

I know it's not the solution...

• storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    I just keep on clicking until it works and 100% it does. I know not the best solution but they do need to fix it....annoying bug.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    edited December 2018
    @ruinthefun Q: Did you fill the DOFF and EC requirements on House of Xelene's "Coordinate Colonization Efforts" yesterday? And left the Fleet Mark requirement partially filled? I can't see you leaving out Fleet Marks like that. It has to be the Fleet Leader. But I would be shocked if he signed into the game at all, to do fleet projects. But just covering all the bases.

I was sitting there last night trying to start it but it didn't show a change at all. But the program took the Fleet Marks from my stash. I couldn't get the interface to show any change in status by changing maps or anything. But I checked it while DOFFing a bit later and it was completed and cleared out of the listing. Soooo...it had to be my fleet marks that started the darn thing....it only takes 30 mins to run.

I have to talk with my Fleet Leader and see if HE may have filled it earlier in the day. I am trying to figure out if because of this dumb delay to fill...if a project is getting filled multiples of times. I don't care so much about Fleet Marks as I am about the Dilithium.

I can't remember if this weird delay thing started before or after Reputation got Tier 6.
    Weird oddball thing this is.

EDIT: it was not Fleet Leader. His fleet user interface is totally TRIBBLE up, he can't even use it.

I can't even fathom what is going on. LOL!
    Post edited by where2r1 on

Yeah, if this is happening across accounts, it points toward something larger than just a "refreshing the screen" problem.

Has anyone tried filling project requirements in the Armada in a different fleet?
    I don't think there is a way to see if their Fleet project started or not from the Armada interface.

Wait. What? Other players donating to fleet projects in our Armada????

Wait. We still have other players in our Armada??? :astonished:

• My fleet has this issue as well as I am the fleet leader I get all the flack for it. But for everyone responding here have any of you actually tried opening an official support ticket unless enough people report it that way I would not hold your breath that it will ever be fixed. Remember it takes public outcry to affect change or for software companies to make bug fixes.
  • As a matter of fact when I slot fleet projects some will not even show as slotted until I slot another or log out and back in and fleet members have reported they too have to log out and back in before slotted projects will show up.
  • shadowleopard64#3762 shadowleopard64 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Thought I would Post an update as support replied to my ticket on this issue. Please remember to open in game bug report tickets so we might get this fixed otherwise it will become a new permanent feature lol.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us and apologies for the late response due to the high volume of tickets we currently have in our system.

I'm sorry to learn that you have some concerns with your Fleet Projects as they don't show up immediately after slotting them and they fail to start after being filled and it forces you to log out and log in to correct it. It appears there are some delays or error in our system and I apologize for the inconvenience the issue has caused you. I have forwarded your feedback to the development team for review. I also recommend posting this in our official game forums to discuss with the Moderators and Quality Assurance team. Our Development Team and Community Teams check the forums often as well. Here’s the link to the forums:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#

I have told them the issue has already been reported here and gave the link to this post.
    edited December 2018
    Thanks, not being a fleet leader I can't test well enough (or understand the issue throughly 1st hand) on my side, ofc, (but as said noticed the issue as well) and also am not eloquent in language so I'd better not try to send a ticket in this case.

At least thanks to you (and others who did the same) they are aware of the issue.

*feeding the edit monster