test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I need advice on improving my polaron and exotic damage orientated science ship build.

avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
edited November 2018 in The Shipyard
I was aiming for polaron based weapons and exotic damage abilities on my sci mainly gravity well and subspace vortex. I am aiming for a build which will generally work for most sci ships (mostly c-store ships and at fleet grade) although I do enjoy using the Annorax and T6 Tac Vesta the most, and have some nostalgia for the pathfinder. I am not able to upgrade at this time so it will mostly be XII equipment for the time being.

I did just recently acquire the gravimetric torp which replaced one of my dual beam banks. I currently have the quantum phase set and the chronometic polaron set but I may replace them or remove some of the parts and reduce the sets if need be.

The ship traits I have are: Emitter Synergy, Time to Kill, Improved Gravity Well, Checkmate and Tachyon Dispersal.

The Space Reputation traits I have are: Precision, Advanced Targeting Systems, Auxiliary Power Configuration and Particle Generator Amplifier.

Traits: https://i.imgur.com/WpG6tpj.png Ship stuff: https://i.imgur.com/3IGGirO.png

I would like any suggestions on traits, consoles and weapons which I could use to improve my build.
Post edited by avoozuul on

Comments

• Options
    Did I post this in the wrong forum?
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »

Nope you posted right.

If your on the Sto Build group on face book. A fellow sci guy has his 500+ EPG 350+ Cntrol build at this link (if it works)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2184714774872013&set=gm.2243623665914406&type=3&hc_location=ufi

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options

Nope you posted right.

If your on the Sto Build group on face book. A fellow sci guy has his 500+ EPG 350+ Cntrol build at this link (if it works)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2184714774872013&set=gm.2243623665914406&type=3&hc_location=ufi
    Well as soon as I saw your reply and tried to open the link it says that it's expired.

• Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    https://imgur.com/a/bYG9CEx

Just thought I should share this, in case anyone wanted to build something similar... my super-gravity well sci/torp build...

Fleet Pathfinder (515 EPG, 358 Control, 189 Drain)....

Deflector: Bajor Defense - Epic XV - [CtrlX/EPG] [EPG]x4 (+53.1 EPG, +42.5 Control, +31.9 Drain)
    SecDef: Strategic Deteriorating - Epic Mk XV - [CtrlX/EPG] [CtrlX]x2 [EPG] [+SA Dmg] (+31.8 Control, +21.2 EPG)
    Impulse/Warp/Shield: 3pc Temporal Reputation set (+25% DoT/Hazard damage, activatable +20 Control, +20 Drain set bonus; shield has +31.9 Drain)

Forward weapons: Gravimetric, Terran, Particle Emission Plasma torpedoes.
    Aft weapons: Dyson Proton Weapon and 2 weapons from Chronometric set (all basically to get set bonuses).

Consoles:
    Eng: Conductive RCS Accelerator - Epic Mk XV - [CtrlX] (+39.4 Control, +52.5% turn rate)
    Universal: Constriction Anchor, Delphic Tear Generator, Tachyokinetic (+29.5 Control), Ferrofluid (+13% max hull)
    Tactical: Chronometric Capacitor (+39.4 EPG)
    Science:
    4x Restorative Particle Focuser - Epic Mk XV - [CtrlX][EPG] (+39.4 EPG, +26.3 Control)
    Exotic Particle Field Exciter - Epic Mk XV - [EPG] (+78.8 EPG, +26.2% shield capacity)

One BOFF has the "K-13 Survivor Science" trait (+10 Control, +10 Drain) (The others, in case of curiosity, are 2 SRO tacs, a JHV Engineer, and the Hierarchy Science, but none of these have science stats.)

Captain traits include "Superior Astrophysicist" (+15 EPG, +15 Drain), Context is for Kings, Conservation of Energy, Enlightened (+15% Exotic Damage, +15% Hull Regen), Inspirational Leader, Kinetic Precision, Particle Manipulator, Repair Crews, Psychological Warfare, Regenerative Control Synergy

(Yes, there's ten. Alien captain.)

Starship traits: Checkmate, Emitter Synergy, Honored Dead, Imp. Gravity Well, Particle Feedback Loop

Space Rep Traits: Aux Power Defense, Aux Power Offense, Enhanced Sensors, Particle Generator Amplifier, Torpedo Pre-Fire Sequence

DOFFs: "Amsoti" (chance for grav well victims to have engines knocked offline), an aftershock gravity well DOFF, and 3 torpedo cooldown DOFFs

The Romulan rep active ability also helps, along with Kinetic Amplifier and Exotic Particle Flood batteries.

Specs: Temporal/Pilot (both maxed)

Skills:
    Lt - one point each in all the eng and sci skills, 3 pts each in tac
    LtCmdr - everything except Full Impulse and Drain Infection
    Cmdr - Hull Plating, Imp. Weapon Specialization
    Capt - Aux Subsyste, Adv. Exotic Particle, Adv. Long Range Targeting
    Adm - Adv Sci Readiness, Adv Tac Readiness, all the Coordination Protocols

BOFF skills:
    Lt Tac : TacTeam, APBeta
    Lt Tac: Kemocite, TorpSpread2
    Lt Eng/Intel: EngTeam, OSS2
    LtCmdr Sci: Polarize, HazardEmit 2, StructAnalysis3
    Cmdr Sci: SciTeam, TachBeam2, DRBeam2, GW3

Courtesy of my facebook pal
    Charles Jencks
    in: Star Trek Online - Ship Builds

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Hey OP. :)

I use Pol DEW/epg on my Annorax so I leave the build here as inspiration.

Zarlotte’s Annorax

I clearly made the choice to put lot of emphasis on the Pol DEW part at the cost of EPG. I moved the entire ladder up and down here. DEW do better in ISA and EPG more in CCA but both works. If you want more EPG think the first stuff I’d lose would be gamma and lukari sets to get some lab consoles.

In general it took me some time to make up for the nerfs of the embassy plasma explosion consoles. For what I want to do (DPS on ISA/Borg maps) the same current meta rules apply and feel like Cannons>Beams>(=)exotics>torps.

In short I gave up on beams, focused on cannons heavily and only took a bit of exotics to make the build special and different from the other builds I have. Results are satisfying so far with over 200k DPS in ISA on a sci toon without any particular support. Thanks to the colony tac consoles the build enjoys some cool durability as well.

If you are not focused on the DEW part the previous poster already showed that EPG/torp builds get the job done nicely too. Can give another example here.

Imp’s Crossfield Science Vanguard
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Do any of the fleet holdings sell science orientated warpcores and engines?
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    I like that Polaron build. Nice work on it. Props for the mix.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Do any of the fleet holdings sell science orientated warpcores and engines?

Not really for A-M cores, though there's some that boost Aux, which helps Sci powers. For a setup with both energy weapons and Sci abilities, the Colony Fleet X Protomatter cores boost max aux power by 4 (129 new max) and boost either EPS or reduce weapon power drain depending on version. If you don't need the power help for energy weapons, you might be better going for the Ancient Obelisk core (pending that mission is still around) that lets you hit 135 max Aux power, or going for a Dilithium Mine core if you need a boost to one more power subsystem but still want 130 Aux power.

For Engines, the Dilithium Mine engines have [Pow] that gives a bit of bonus power to subsystems that are low, but that's it AFAIK.