test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Randoms >input From Players

powskierpowskier Member Posts: 67 Arc User
I Really Love Randoms

Been able to learn a few missions that
usually do not get q'd

*** Random seems to pop a few long Ground missions constantly >I would Really like something added to alternate ground/space

our Armada had 4-5 grounds in a row>that made us all say wtf>and go take a break

Heck>>>make two different ques >>>one ground random and one space!!!!!!!!! I say ,Make Ground rewards more,so people play them and want to.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• powskierpowskier Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Ground is Buggy and takes some different play style than normal ground in other games

When you touch any object/wall lol you pause in movement>players who hate ground hate it cause of this I think
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    Players hate ground coz you can't FAW spam or fire your weapons by mashing the spacebar :p
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I never did Bug Hunt till 'forced to' by RTFOs. It's not a bad one.
    While I understand wanting to separate space and ground; all that will do is re-kill the ground queues.
    And really, what % of the RTFOs are ground? 25%? It's not like you queue up and get nothing but ground missions.
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    While I understand wanting to separate space and ground; all that will do is re-kill the ground queues.

Agreed. The whole point of random is to get people playing content that they were not playing. So losing ground or having a seperate queue for it is bad.

The only new random que we need is an elite one.

We also need the competitive ques added to random. I really miss running core assault.

Possibly we need something done about the RNG as well.

I thought at first we might be getting the same 'starbase one', 'azure nebula' and 'infected' ques over and over to fill in the numbers for individuals wanting to run those maps. But when queuing with full teams it seems like we get the same ques over and over as well.

There has always been something 'a bit off' about the RNG in this game.
    bejaymac wrote: »
    Players hate ground coz you can't FAW spam or fire your weapons by mashing the spacebar :p

No>they hate ground because its Buggy with movement/ yo u totally stop and lag in place if you touch a wall, a box,anything ...it sux
    I would Like to see Ground Be separated.. unless I am in an Armada pve..players totally leave the long Borg Ground ques

Give double rewards for ground -players and armadas will benefit ,and players will "want " to try them then

or Double rewards for the real long battles ,maybe??? marks/dil - some ques are way longer
    edited November 2018
    Last run,I tried to stay and learn the one people say is 'simple" with the generators at all diff places (a1/b2/omg) well,2 players left anyway ,so I left too

but what is up with stuff like that..there are no signs -its experiment ,while borg whale on you

then Players who know it,leave all thier spawn borg,so anyone who 1/2 knows the area,get caught alone in huge fights with the re-spawns[cant StO just mark the objectives w a big sign painted on the floor or smthing-make it much more fun to learn!] & players won't leave that 1 so fast

..o r the 1 w the 4 generators at the end..not to hard w teamwork;bu TRIBBLE like 10 zillion borg to slay

didn't Starfleet traditionally beam into these missions ,'a little closer" to their objectives :) I don't remember Krik having to fight 3 full divisions of Gorn or Klingons o r whatever.

ty 4 reading

• ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    I know this system is random but expanding it would be nice like being able to adjust spec trees between ground and space.

Choose whether to queue between ground or space

And even have a TFO blacklist where you can add certain TFO's to this blacklist still queue for a random but it doesn't include those on your blacklist. OFC the negative to this is having to wait longer for a map to pop but the benefit is you don't get thrown into something that you really dislike or see vice versa for a team mate and see them leave making you a man short.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    The Borg ground TFO’s are cut up parts of the first 3 STF’s the game had calling them hard is an understatement if you were unprepared for them or were trying to pug them. They have been changed over time to what they are now being rather simple compared to what they once were. That being said when they were turned in to the TFO unlike other missions made for it with the information built in these missions are still left as telling you what to do but lacking on the how to do it. One needs to listen to the voice information provided in mission and correlate it to what to do. It just takes a bit more effort than the other tfo’s that hold your hand each step.
    To be or not to be: B)
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    The introduction of random TFO's was rolled out in much the same way as Obamacare - players are harassed into TFO's throughout the story arcs to drive enough players into the queues to keep the randoms from hanging too long. I especially resent the fact that on EVERY login on EVERY character, I get a series of pop-ups telling me that one faction or another needs me to run a TFO to help them out. So I'm bullied into running a dozen TFO's per character, just to fill out the randoms, which I would not join for any other reason. I would be content to have a way to disable the pop-ups, opting out of the TFO queues, but this is not available, either.

When I need some elite marks for a reputation project, THAT's when I'm inclined to run a TFO, and running the randoms does not allow me to select the elite marks. The current scheme does not help the queues in the long run, because many players are still going to have that foul taste of coercion in their mouths when checking the PvE board... :s
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    You can turn off autohail you know...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Oh bah, optionals are even more meaningless in randoms. :sleeping:
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I don't like how randoms killed the few elite ground queues which used to still pop, how am I supposed to get my salvaged tech now? I also don't like how it randomizes between ground and space because I can't switch between ground and space specializations nor rep abilities to prepare myself for either.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    powskier wrote: »
    bejaymac wrote: »

No>they hate ground because its Buggy with movement/ yo u totally stop and lag in place if you touch a wall, a box,anything ...it sux
    Yes, normally when you walk into a wall or other immovable object you stop. This is working as intended.
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I don't like how randoms killed the few elite ground queues which used to still pop, how am I supposed to get my salvaged tech now? I also don't like how it randomizes between ground and space because I can't switch between ground and space specializations nor rep abilities to prepare myself for either.
    Well that is part of the point of random you prep yourself to do either one not minmax one thing.
    To be or not to be: B)
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    You need to be reasonable. The new RTFO mechanic is a promising start.

The bad trend here lately is that they don't make romulan warbirds anymore. I totally would dig new warbirds. Pretty much one of the zen-oriented purchases would be going that way, if they do make a tempting variant of the Recon Destroyer.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    Yes, normally when you walk into a wall or other immovable object you stop. This is working as intended.

Nicely done. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
This discussion has been closed.