test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there a new Mission Journal "guide" somewhere?

djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
I searched the forums but couldn't come up with much.
Specifically, is there a way to find the side mission chains that have been moved to the side? My newest Fed character is an AOD captain, and he's level 24 so far. I'm trying to find "Skirmish" to get the subspace field modulator. I've looked at the "Available" tab, and under Franklin Drake only "Secrets of Nimbus" is available. I can't find the Spectres series anywhere and it's driving me crazy.
I'm pretty sure level 24 is high enough, or did they change that?

Is there some kind of new mission journal and side chain guide somewhere? I've played for a long time, I can't imagine being a new player right now...
C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
-Captain James T. Kirk
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Have you accepted and completed "The Galaxy at Large" from Admiral Quinn? I believe completing that opens up those side quests.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Completing seems a requirement, yes. However,

Level 65 might be required. (Allegedly for Spectres, Lost Dominion and Cold War. Op is level 24 on that char)
    He found Nimbus so I guess Galaxy at Large is not the issue.

I don't know the other requirements, if any. (Either way at 65 do visit Drozana/Donatu - sorry, unsure which 1st so you may try both until you manage to get Spectres, if not having the wrapper by then. Spectres quest should auto resolve outside Donatu. Skirmishes is the next quest in the line/wrapper and if I recall correctly is done inside Donatu once you have it.) For the 1st play, you take the quests in a wrapper one by one. (sequentially becoming available as you play those)

This post is not accurate/"full" but may still help, I think. Further info by others regarding wrappers could help - I can't (reliably) check how this Spectres wrapper is gotten as my characters are beyond that stage.

*feeding the edit monster yet again
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    BTW and regardless - I too wish there was a guide, for it's hard to guess/learn/remember (yes I do read patch notes) how things should exactly be done regarding wrappers / auto hails requirements and repeatability (NR 4 quests/Nimbus III) and regarding how to enable site by site transwarp on NR (or not to ruin it in the 1st place at least), which I ruined on all newer chars - unable to get the transportation system mission - while trying to do the NR line the right way, despite having all tranportation points there.

P.S.
    Just notice you talk about Skirmishes, not necessarily spectres wrapper - if you already HAVE (or can take) this quest, I think it starts within Donatu system! (if I recall correctly)

The following is unlikely to apply or add new info. But still included just in case/for completion:
    Wrapper was requiring level 65 (and Galaxy at Large too from before) since newer patch, BUT who knows, maybe you already did Spectres? I don't know. If you have Skirmishes in progress/take it from available, then in that case, just make sure, as others said, you have done Galaxy at Large as applicable and go into donatu. (though I think Galaxy at Large must be done already as you could get Nimbus III before)
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    Have you accepted and completed "The Galaxy at Large" from Admiral Quinn? I believe completing that opens up those side quests.

Yes, and no luck. :( I even thought of going back to that mission to see if I missed something, but it's not replayable. I also approached Quin at ESD and he says something like "Greetings, Commander", but there are no dialogue options.
    Completing seems a requirement, yes. However,

Level 65 might be required. (Op is level 24 on that char)
    He found Nimbus so I guess Galaxy at Large is not the issue.

I don't know the other requirements, if any. (Either way at 65 do visit Drozana/Donatu - sorry, unsure which 1st so you may try both until you manage to get Spectres, if not having the wrapper by then. Spectres quest should auto resolve outside Donatu. Skirmishes is the next quest in the line/wrapper and if I recall correctly is done inside Donatu once you have it.)

This post is not accurate/"full" but may still help, I think. Further info by others regarding wrappers could help - I can't (reliably) check how this Spectres wrapper is gotten as my characters are beyond that stage.

*feeding the edit monster yet again

I tried going to Donatu, and no luck, but I didn't try Drozana, I'll do that. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll keep leveling to 65 and see if it becomes available at some point.

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    When AoD first launched Quinn would have "Go To" missions for those Arcs once you completed "The Galaxy at Large" mission, sadly a couple of weeks back some idiot at Cryptic decided to change the requirements for those "Go To" missions, now you need to be LVL65 to get access to them.

The actual story Arc missions don't have a level requirement, so if like me you unlocked them before the change hit then you can still play them.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    > @bejaymac said:
    > When AoD first launched Quinn would have "Go To" missions for those Arcs once you completed "The Galaxy at Large" mission, sadly a couple of weeks back some idiot at Cryptic decided to change the requirements for those "Go To" missions, now you need to be LVL65 to get access to them.
    >
    > The actual story Arc missions don't have a level requirement, so if like me you unlocked them before the change hit then you can still play them.

At least that explains it. Thanks.

-Captain James T. Kirk
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    bejaymac wrote: »
    When AoD first launched Quinn would have "Go To" missions for those Arcs once you completed "The Galaxy at Large" mission, sadly a couple of weeks back some idiot at Cryptic decided to change the requirements for those "Go To" missions, now you need to be LVL65 to get access to them.

The actual story Arc missions don't have a level requirement, so if like me you unlocked them before the change hit then you can still play them.

Except.....on the Fed side they are not showing up at Level 65, either. I been watching on my Bug Report on the forums here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1244925/breen-invasion-and-lost-dominion-story-arcs-missing-on-level-65-federation-characters

I do not know about Specters because all my Fed characters have finished it....but I am trying to level up my Jem'Hadar and unlock her Missions, then I will be able to tell.... but with the holidays, time is rather short.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    the breen arc is missing from romulans as well.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, Fed aligned Romulans is having problems, too.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
This discussion has been closed.